Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14
Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: April 4, 2017 00:48

I moved my television to an separate room..............so Homeland is totally unknown to me......as is almost everything on the TV lately........I'm fed up with the news, movies and celebrities and not to forget the politics.............IORR

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: April 4, 2017 01:44

Sure Nicos, it's a free choice. Turn off the tv-set if you don't like the content of it. You're not the only one. I'm a bit prejudiced against people claiming not to watch tv though.
They tend to be either middle class hippies or just plain snobs. I'm sure you're not one of those though.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 5, 2017 09:48

frankotero
That damn Dar Ardal, there's no stopping him. I would say Max's new job has something to do with propaganda with that news guy that hates the President Elect. Hope Peter gets his revenge with Astrid's killer.

He sure did.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: April 5, 2017 09:49

Stoneage
Sure Nicos, it's a free choice. Turn off the tv-set if you don't like the content of it. You're not the only one. I'm a bit prejudiced against people claiming not to watch tv though.
They tend to be either middle class hippies or just plain snobs. I'm sure you're not one of those though.

thumbs up

Date: April 5, 2017 10:24

Did the Secretary of justice blow up the van himself?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: April 5, 2017 10:42

Yes! Got a little satisfaction already. Hope the finale is great.

Posted by: 35love ()
Date: April 9, 2017 20:20

Good article from the NYT on this season's Homeland:
[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: April 10, 2017 16:06

Nice to see Dar in jail but it all certainly took a turn at the end!

Sad to see Quinn go...he and Saul are my 2 favorite characters.

Date: April 10, 2017 16:47

Too soon? Don't look if you haven't seen. I'm writing since these
thoughts will evaporate.

****season finale
The horror on Carrie's face at the closing, turning back to look at the capital, realizing a Donald Trump/unpredictable
perhaps mentally unstable. Or is it a bot, one the tech companies decided to
flesh out? Is it a Russian, raised here on US corn and depleted soil?
Saul better get in her bed and figure it out. (edit: forgot he didn't get the last turncoat figured out very well from the mattress.)
Boy, he was jealous of how far up Carrie got to Keane.
Will Carrie say 'F it, there is no saving the world'
and come out to retire w/ Frannie on the hippie commune otherwise known as CA?
They had to let Quinn go. A man can only withstand so much. He kept
ticking for a long time.
And when season 7 debuts, what condition will my homeland be in?
No wonder the show runners said: yeah, we have no idea where to take the show yet (2 seasons signed up remaining on contract)
Will the US be at war? With whom, Russia and Iran?! That's not a TV show.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-04-10 16:49 by 35love.

Date: April 10, 2017 17:30

35love, I couldn't of said any of it better. Really good episode and didn't leave us in too bad way until next time. Thought there are many questions/answers yet to come. Very nice indeed.

Date: April 11, 2017 01:30

So, the new Madame President is Satan? I don't know what to think of this really. Is it turning into a soap? Two main charachters out of the game (Dar and Quinn). Still looking forward to the next season though.
(Even though this series has lost some importance to me due to real terrorism hitting our capital three days ago. Reality is something else.)

Date: April 11, 2017 01:37

Now Dar might come back as an important ally for Carrie. What a turnaround!

Date: April 11, 2017 01:49

Stoneage
So, the new Madame President is Satan? I don't know what to think of this really. Is it turning into a soap? Two main charachters out of the game (Dar and Quinn). Still looking forward to the next season though.
(Even though this series has lost some importance to me due to real terrorism hitting our capital three days ago. Reality is something else.)

Stoneage I'm not sure where you're at, it's horrible. The elementary school shootings here in the US (1 today southern CA) take all the wind out of me.
RE: the show, I was surprised as well Keane's weird turnabout, but,
maybe she has PSTD (which can certainly change a person) after the attacks on her- I guess we'll see how it plays out.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: April 11, 2017 01:51

The wrong guys always die. Dammit. With 9 months before the next season starts, we could be in a whole new world. Not sure I'm ready for either.

Date: April 11, 2017 03:52

Stoneage

Don't think we can rule out a big reappearance by Dar next season.

Date: April 11, 2017 21:29

A lot to think about here. First Keane has jailed everybody, except for Carrie. She let her leave the White House. That makes me believe she trusts her. She (the pres.)can swing either way good or bad. Will be interesting to see how it unfolds next season. Also maybe Dar will somehow sway to the good side? Good show!

Date: January 8, 2018 19:19

Season 7 coming up on February 11 apparently. Hopefully it will be aired in Sweden this time around also (you don't know in these time of political correctness).
Here is a sample:

[www.sho.com]

Date: January 8, 2018 23:24

Stoneage
Season 7 coming up on February 11 apparently. Hopefully it will be aired in Sweden this time around also (you don't know in these time of political correctness).
Here is a sample:

[www.sho.com]

Oh I don’t know, disappointed I guess w/ this season 7 clip.
I don’t want to watch an internal (meaning American)group of mental ill individuals.
Please, no comments on current political IRL comparisons, that is not what I mean.
We’ll see. But need a current good show, so will tune in of course, and like you Stoneage been watching every season can’t give up now I guess.

Date: January 9, 2018 01:12

That's alright, 35love. The borderline tv-anchor plot doesn't impress me either. I will give it a try anyway.
I do agree it has been a bit downhill since season 4 (or even before that). But you can't always get what you want, I guess...

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: January 9, 2018 01:51

I've been getting my spy thriller fix from "Berlin Station" (a lot of similarities with Homeland, but less annoying), the German-language 70s-set "The Same Sky," and also the rather preposterous "Designated Survivor" (with Kiefer Sutherland) on Netflix. I guess I'll show up for "Homeland," more out of habit than overwhelming desire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-01-09 01:52 by DeanGoodman.

Date: January 9, 2018 03:34

Looking forward to the new season. At the moment I'm watching "Borgia". Pretty crazy stuff about an infamous Pope. Here's another argument waiting to happen, maybe I won't say anymore.

Date: February 1, 2018 18:08

Another trailer for season 7. Premiers at February 11. In the meantime I'm watching "Hard Sun". A bit "cartoonish" and very dark but all the same worth to watch. [www.sho.com]

Date: February 1, 2018 20:40

frankotero
Looking forward to the new season. At the moment I'm watching "Borgia". Pretty crazy stuff about an infamous Pope. Here's another argument waiting to happen, maybe I won't say anymore.

Frak, did you see that series last year with Jude Law, called (I think) "Young Pope"?

Date: February 1, 2018 21:53

No, I'm not aware of that show. I will check it out. Now I'm into Vikings. Really like ancient stories. Amazon Prime has some good stuff for people that don't already know this.

Date: February 1, 2018 23:58

Palace Revolution 2000, I watched the trailer of The Young Pope. It's on my watch list now. Thanks for the tip.

Date: February 13, 2018 02:34

How about that Madame President? At least she's not politically correct... Looking forward to the next episode.

Date: February 13, 2018 02:47

Stoneage
How about that Madame President? At least she's not politically correct... Looking forward to the next episode.

I like the role she is playing/ thank you SHO
Carrie is mother of the year again eye rolling smiley
We shall see how it builds.

Date: February 20, 2018 08:17

Watched the first 2 episodes of the new season. Not sure what to think, suppose it's too early and they need to lay the ground work of the story. As usual I expect it will have me on the end of my seat near the end of the season.

Date: February 21, 2018 05:14

What's the chances of the hacker who encrypted your hard drive with ransomware living in the same city as you?

That was a bit of a stretch.

Date: February 21, 2018 13:41

And Max couldn't help. What about using system recovery, that's what I did and it worked. Must of been one hell of a virus. At least she got some satisfaction so to speak, ha-ha.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314Next
Current Page: 11 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1432
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home