Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14
Re: OT: Any "Homeland" fans out there?
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 24, 2014 20:24

Apparently not. I don't get it. This series is even more exciting than a 14 On Fire setlist!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 24, 2014 23:38

Unlike "Breaking Bad" it's getting worse with each season.

And the usually excellent Damian Lewis ("Brody" ) manages to suck big time in that one. His playing is desperately bungling confused smiley

And the attempt to put back the US audience in a post-9/11 state of mind is disgusting. "Watch out there's tons of dangerous terrorists
everywhere!" >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 17:59 by dcba.

Date: July 24, 2014 23:59

Well, Brody is out of it now. I understand your criticism though. Season 3 wasn't that good. But I'm afraid the theme is a relevant one. Today, for instance, there is a nation-wide terrorist alert in Norway.
Maybe it's that nerve that makes it thrilling to watch even though it has its lapses.

Posted by: deadegad ()
Date: July 25, 2014 00:56

I have a feeling that Brody might still be alive.

Why?

It is possible that they put some harness on him to 'stage' his hanging with out actually killing him. TV shows do do cheap tricks like that and the Iranian character, the spymaster, who's name escapes me, would probably deem it more useful to keep Brody alive as a future bargaining chip. The 'staged' execution is for PR.

I like season three but it could have been better. While there are not tons of terrorists everywhere there are enough who would use nuclear or radiological devices if they could. It is probably just a matter of time. I wish that were not true but -- God help us.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: July 28, 2014 02:00

Homneland could lead to the worst spinoff ever: imagine a show that revolved around Brody's mopey daughter Dana. It'd be like being locked in a room with a non-stop loop of Morrissey.

Date: October 5, 2014 17:56

"Ruthless, powerful and calculating. Don't miss the Homeland season 4
premiere tonight 9PM". You have been waiting, haven't you?
Swedish Homeland fans will have to wait until tomorrow though.
Here is a teaser:

Homeland Season 4

Date: October 5, 2014 18:15

Bring back Damian Lewis (Brody) : he's the only one in this mess who can act! grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-05 18:17 by dcba.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 5, 2014 18:26

I agree with a lot of comments here. Good show kind of lost it's edge but still a chance to come back strong. Plus I too believe Brody could be alive, he has too big a part to be gone imo. we'll see soon enough.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 6, 2014 17:51

Two episode opener was pretty good last night.

Date: October 6, 2014 19:00

Thanks, Filstan. Three hours to go before first airing here in Sweden. Looking forward to it.

Date: October 7, 2014 01:26

Okey beginning. I'm still in. I hope child care business won't be the leading plot throughout the whole season though. And what's the deal with Peter Quinn and fat girls?

Date: October 13, 2014 23:13

Second episode of Homeland season 4 coming up here in Sweden as we speak. I hope it's a good one. Off to the TV-set...

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: October 13, 2014 23:28

I am a big fan of homeland. The new season started with a bigger bang. What a thrilling season premiere. I like the perspective they draw with a big CIA @#$%& up and at the same time Carrie's dealing with her little baby - quite scary I have to say. And then Quinn and Carrie is promising too. I liked the 3rd episode last night as well. Very very thrilling.

Date: October 14, 2014 00:21

A good third episode (they call it second here. The first episode was a double one. But let's stick to your counting, Schwonek). I can understand Peter's feeling for Carrie: What a girl!
I hope Peter shapes up in the episodes to come. We need some action...

Date: October 28, 2014 17:51

A decent fifth episode. I'm still in. It's still exciting even though I have lowered the bar a bit. But I guess I'm the only one watching by now. Chances for a fifth season looks pretty slim.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: October 28, 2014 18:29

The show always has interesting turns. I enjoy watching Homeland with my wife. I consider it good quality TV. Carrie is as nutty as a fruitcake so you never know what she will do next.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 29, 2014 17:09

Still in. Not as good without Damien Lewis. Great actor. I'm hoping the real CIA wouldn't touch a fruitcake like Carrie with a bargepole.

Date: October 29, 2014 17:59

exhpart
I'm hoping the real CIA wouldn't touch a fruitcake like Carrie with a bargepole.

You should google James Jesus (sic) Angleton... That guy was batsh!t crazy and woefully incompetent. His "big mole" hunt was a complete disaster. The Russians must have laughed their @sses off.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-29 18:01 by dcba.

Date: October 29, 2014 19:25

Just finished watching the 5th episode. It can use a little more excitement, then again maybe they're building up to something big? Makes me wonder if the real CIA is anything like this.

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: October 29, 2014 22:13

dcba

LOL. I wouldn't mind a bowl of whatever you are smoking because, if you believe that, you're flying high. Homeland blows Breaking Bad(ly) out of the water.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 00:29 by MILKYWAY.

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: October 30, 2014 03:42

Homeland has already been renewed for a fifth season. I also feel that Brody might still be alive, we shall see. IMO this season started out a bit odd/lame but it has been building momentum ever since. I can't wait for next week's show to find out more about poor Saul's fate.

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 30, 2014 06:11

Stoneage
Okey beginning. I'm still in. I hope child care business won't be the leading plot throughout the whole season though. And what's the deal with Peter Quinn and fat girls?

That must be some kind of in joke: didn't the guy who plays Quinn date superthin Keira Knightley for a while?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 30, 2014 10:52

Stoneage
A decent fifth episode. I'm still in. It's still exciting even though I have lowered the bar a bit. But I guess I'm the only one watching by now. Chances for a fifth season looks pretty slim.

I think the forth season has picked up great after the (IMHO) weak third season.
The Quinn/Carrie thing works great, I like that they dont involve Carries kid, and yes I believe Carrie will start her big season mission now after the airport/trunk issue in epiosde five. Looking forward to it.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 30, 2014 20:23

Big fan! I agree Season 3 sucked; this season has started off much improved. But what's up with Carrie and that young lad? Am I the only who finds this confusing and a bit sad; I mean let's face it, it's not going to end well.

Poor Quinn.

smoking smiley

Date: November 10, 2014 23:05

Episode 7 to come 5 minutes from now. Quite a few loose ends and cliff-hangers to sort out from the last episode.
My pilsner is chilled and I am ready. What will Carrie throw at us now?

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 10, 2014 23:12

Episode 7 was just insane. I love the "old" Carrie. Every season needs some of that Carrie. Some really good cinematography was needed to build that paranoia.

Date: November 11, 2014 00:20

Yes, this latest episode got me wrapped up in the drama. Where is the story going from here? Pretty crazy.

Posted by: bryanoakville ()
Date: November 11, 2014 00:49

A really well done show. Generally I don't like much on T.V. But this is almost as good as Sorkin's stuff. Lewis was terrific in Band of Brothers too. Pantinkin rocks and the blond girl is. Bing watching on Netfix but 3rd seasons not on yet. I like this stuff better when I don't have to wait a week between episodes (and watch stupid commercials). No spoilers please.

Date: November 11, 2014 01:08

Homeland is aired on SVT here in Sweden. A public service channel. Which means not a commercial in sight! How sweet isn't that? There is a 24 hour delay from the first American broadcast though. But that I can live with.

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: November 11, 2014 15:02

MILKYWAY
dcba

LOL. I wouldn't mind a bowl of whatever you are smoking because, if you believe that, you're flying high. Homeland blows Breaking Bad(ly) out of the water.

No way!

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1499
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home