Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Look what I made mommy. It's the "Fallen Angels" logo.
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 10, 2005 05:48

Great huh??? It only took me like a gazillion hours to do. I'm not a computer expert in ANY sense of the word as you probably can gather by now.

.......Now I only need my band mate Lorenz to get rid of all the useless white colour down in the bottom of the logo. And also make it bigger.......

JumpingKentFlash

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-10 05:51 by JumpingKentFlash.

Re: Look what I made mommy. It's the "Fallen Angels" logo.
Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: January 10, 2005 10:56

> .......Now I only need my band mate Lorenz to get rid of all the useless white
> colour down in the bottom of the logo.

Select the selection of the pic you wanna keep and then find a "crop" function (PSP: image-menu i.e. Shift+R).

It's not easy to make this larger: the resolution is very low. Enlarging it would make it unsharp. A sharpening retouch won't do. You need a larger original.
Turn it into a .jpg anyway for filesize and retouching benefits.

Date: January 10, 2005 14:03

Thanks Limbo. I'll try it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 10, 2005 16:56

Great work, Kent!
It looks very nice on the website Pascal made for us!
[www.rockpassion.com]

Date: January 10, 2005 21:33

Yay. JP made THE website of the year man. Thanks JP.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: January 10, 2005 22:04

VERY nice indeed ! I'm sure your mummy will be very proud....

And, while I'm here, may I please ask a really stupid question???

When I download your songs from JPs generous website I can tell by the little icons that it is indeed downloading, plus immediately afterwards the Quickplayer starts playing it back. My stupid question is : WHERE in my computer has it been stored? It ain't in "My Music" and it sure as hell ain't in the iTunes library. Or hasn't it been saved at all???? Doesn't it automatically get saved?? And how can I get it from wherever the mp3 files may be and into my itunes-thingy, so that I can listen to the Fallen Angels's angelic tunes on my ipod while working???....And don't tell me to look it up in the manual, because that one is currently lying in the sodden grass outside my window in the pouring rain....

I'm really pissed off at my computer (far easier than getting cross at my own ignorance), and if one of you doesn't kindly tell me PRONTISSIMO, I swear I shall get myself a young toyboy-cum-computerexpert first thing tomorrow morning, husband or no husband!!!

Any applicants please send full CV with computer-skill-qualification and full-body-pictures, minimum size 18 X 24 cm ,front AND back, in colour to my private email, please....

Thanks

Johanna

PS: Kent, have you tried attaching the base of the wings to the corners of the mouth? or would that look stupid???? it's just that the design of the tongue makes everything look so asymmetrical....And the red name between the top primary feathers would look less cramped in....just a humble suggestion, your design is very very nice left as it is!....

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 10, 2005 22:16

Jo, you have to right-click on the song link and choose "save under" (or something like that) - then you can choose where you want to save the file!

Date: January 10, 2005 22:26

I advice you to check through your "Documents". I think it should be in there. So..........send me your pic baby.

PS: It took me a very long time to make that logo. I couldn't get it right. But eventually it got good enough to be used. I think it's good that it's not symmetric. Like the Stones' tongue isn't symmetric either. So it's fully intentional. Also, the wings attached to the tongue didin't look so good. So I left the tongue flying. Quite symbolic really: We're fallen angels but the Stones keep on flying. I tried to put a skull under the tongue and between the wings' base. It didn't look good either. I like that it's simple really. Also, the red text is also intentional. I think it looked good to have it slightly touching the wings. You have some good suggestions, but I think I'll leave it as it is. Mainly because I could @#$%& it up and Stonefan put it on his website already.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: January 10, 2005 23:03

Daaaaaaaankeschoeoeoeoen, Lorenz! I'll try again in a minute...

Kent: No, it's not in "documents"......
I suppose you're right about the symmetry and the skull, the simplicity is nice, will we be able to buy the t-shirt at the Amsterdam venue??? And could I have a signed photograph of the band now, BEFORE you become famous?????

Date: January 10, 2005 23:14

Ha. Maybe we should get some t-shirts done. Would be cool if people ran around sporting those. They could say: "Fallen Angels - I know Lorenz and Kent".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: January 14, 2005 02:30

Stupid question perhaps, JKF, but why "Fallen Angels"? Is there a good story to tell?

mr edward

Date: January 14, 2005 02:32

Not really. It was Lorenz idea. It just sounds good, and then it's the name of Gram Parsons old band.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: January 14, 2005 03:59

JKF, as much as I like you, I don't think you should be using the board to promote yourself and your product.

Sames goes for Mathijs and the other Stones-wanna be's. I come to this board for several reasons, but one of them is NOT to be reading promo material for a Stones-tribute band. I appreciate your efforts, but it doesn't belong here.

Open your own web-site, advertise it once, and then leave it alone. Ask BV to put a banner up for your site. I'm not being disrespectful to you, I'm just asking that you keep in mind what this site is for. Whether you realize it or not, you are cheapening the value of the site as a whole.

Please don't get all pissed -off at me. I'm trying to look at the overall impression this site gives to newcomers.

Date: January 14, 2005 15:00

No no. It's good that you post your views. But we make it only for fun and only for you guys. It's just a little something to pass the time till the new album comes out. Nothing more. The reason we promote it is merely that we think it's fun. We will most likely never play a concert or do anything besides what we're doing now, so I hope you're OK with it.
smiling smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1857
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home