Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: World Wide PPV available!??!?!?!
Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: December 8, 2012 06:17

Well I just paid them US$4.99 with a US credit card from my home in Mexico. I created a special password, an "account", and received a confirmation email. Now I am completely lost as to how the watch the pay per view, and whether it will show to me in Mexico since I paid with a US credit card. If anyone could post here on what I do with the password I created, what web address I go to in order view this, etc. Note that I will not be getting it on TV but rather my computer, since I am in Mexico, unless I can some how get it on my Roku Streaming Player. Any advice or help would be welcomed as I am not of the digital age, but rather older than many on this forum.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 8, 2012 21:45

I just ordered it on Sky Box Office by pressing the record button on my sky+ box it says £9.95 says something about this program will delete at 11.59 on the 13th jan.
I pressed record on both my sky+ boxes I have a multi room subscription but can't find out if I will charged for both or if only once as I only have the 1 account.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 8, 2012 22:30

Chacho
Well I just paid them US$4.99 with a US credit card from my home in Mexico. I created a special password, an "account", and received a confirmation email. Now I am completely lost as to how the watch the pay per view, and whether it will show to me in Mexico since I paid with a US credit card. If anyone could post here on what I do with the password I created, what web address I go to in order view this, etc. Note that I will not be getting it on TV but rather my computer, since I am in Mexico, unless I can some how get it on my Roku Streaming Player. Any advice or help would be welcomed as I am not of the digital age, but rather older than many on this forum.

It seems you're the first to buy streaming access here so you'll have to do some trailblazing.

I would go here [rs50.neulion.com] and log in under "Current Users", then you should hopefully see some instructions, keep us posted.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 8, 2012 23:15

Green Lady
£15.13 in the UK.

Has anybody dealt with these people before?

I just ordered it its £9.95 ,I have bought boxing matches and other sports in the past from Sky so it should be OK Murdoch may not be every bodies cup of tea but his organization is very efficient

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: December 8, 2012 23:47

Well, by luck here in Uruguay it will be available for about USD25 (less than €20) for cable customers and Yahoo online for USD14.99

Cheers! smileys with beer
Alejandro

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: December 9, 2012 00:36

Well, I did the same thing in Greece. In the confirmation e-mail I received it is stated "Watch online on your computer..." where the word online is actually a link to [music.yahoo.com]
I guess we should link to this URL and watch the show when the time comes.

Posted by: Chacho ()
Date: December 9, 2012 05:28

I also clicked on that "online" link in the email and was taken to Yahoo Music. It is still super unclear to me because I have never used Yahoo Music. I emailed Neulion.com who sold the pay-per-view to me, and the reply was totally half assed and did not answer any of the three questions I asked.

I am thinking at this point, that the reason it is unclear at this time is because the time of the concert has not come yet. Maybe at that time, when clicking on their "online" link, something will come up that is intelligible.

I have noticed in the past when dealing with the Rolling Stones website or whoever handles things for them, that it is very poorly put together. Furthermore most things Yahoo really stink. They don't even have their email program perfected, and can't even filter spam well like Gmail does.

Date: December 10, 2012 14:55

What's with the bitterness?! I'm sure everything will be fine, my only concern is the bandwidth required for HD...well I guess that within the 30 day timeframe something can be figured out. Must say that $5 is rather cheap...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 15:45 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 10, 2012 15:12

Bought it for $4,99 from France.
Very fair price IMHO

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Date: December 10, 2012 15:54

Yeah just bought it too, apparently you need an app to watch it on Android or iOS, are they referring a to a Yahoo app or a special video app or the RS app?

Log In with your new account information to watch the event live and On Demand for up to 30 days after the event date. We offer the event live and On Demand across all Andriod and Apple devices as well. Go to Google Play or Apple's App Store to download the app.

I wonder whether they'll be doing some IP checking to avoid "sharing" or just allow one "log in" at a time, especially during the actual broadcast? Yes that's probably the most likely scenario.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 15:55 by gotdablouse.

Date: December 10, 2012 16:06

Got the confirmation email with links for the dedicated apps :
- i.Phone/iPad app : [itunes.apple.com] (iOS 5 required)
- Android app: [play.google.com]

PS - coowouters, can you maybe add these links in the first message ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-10 16:08 by gotdablouse.

Date: December 10, 2012 16:39

Ready to go on my i.phone :

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: December 10, 2012 16:40

You can watch on PC and/or on android/iOs devices

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: December 10, 2012 18:58

if ordered in holland via iTunes it says 17.99 euro ...

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1744
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home