Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

STUBHUB USA question - advice requested
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:49

Can anyone offer me advice, bearing in mind I have heard horror stories about electronic (PDF) self print tickets being faked and people being refused entry to venue when they don't scan properly.

On the image below, see the third item down which is ticked, the "instant download" pit ticket for $1,150 ?

What "guarantee" do I have from STUBHUB that this is genuine and has not been - or cannot have been - faked ?

Anyone have any experience of buying tickets on this "instand download" and "self print" basis ? Does it work, and work consistently and reliably ? Any reason I should be sceptical or concerned ?

Any advice welcome, thank you.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 14:50 by paulywaul.

Re: STUBHUB USA question - advice requested
Posted by: tony ()
Date: December 2, 2012 15:33

Stub-hub is the real deal. They are reputable resellers. Overpriced but reputable. Never buy e-tickets off Craigslist or off the street.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 2, 2012 15:35

Tickets Now provides better deals IMHO - check them out.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:10

I printed my Brooklyn Stubhub tix. Was initially worried about the instant download/e-tix. After reading a bunch of reviews and even calling Stubhub, I feel confident that everything will be ok. Knock on wood.smiling smiley

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:12

Section 6 Seems like the opimal view.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:12

I have used them many times in the past, although usually for sporting events. For a major sporting event, Stubhub sometime has a pick up station on site, which gives you a lot more comfort. Check and see if they will have one for the Stones shows. Second, get there early enough so that if you have problems, they have time to deal with them. They don't guarantee that they can get you a replacement seat, but since they have preapproved all sellers via credit card, if one is available on the market, they should be able to get you one - they charge any difference to the seller.

In any event, they are reputable, and can be relied on.

Date: December 2, 2012 17:18

Chris Fountain
Section 6 Seems like the opimal view.

Yes, I was in the equivalent position (block 112) for the second O2 show, and directly opposite that (block 101) for the first. I'm in the equivalent position for both Newark shows (block 10) .... I think that other than the pit, I do agree that it is indeed the optimal position for this particular stage layout.

I've not yet experienced the pit, so sorely tempted to give that a shot for Brooklyn ....

Date: December 2, 2012 17:21

drbryant
I have used them many times in the past, although usually for sporting events. For a major sporting event, Stubhub sometime has a pick up station on site, which gives you a lot more comfort. Check and see if they will have one for the Stones shows. Second, get there early enough so that if you have problems, they have time to deal with them. They don't guarantee that they can get you a replacement seat, but since they have preapproved all sellers via credit card, if one is available on the market, they should be able to get you one - they charge any difference to the seller.

In any event, they are reputable, and can be relied on.

Thank you very much. They do actually have an 0800 number you can call in the the UK, so I may well just give them a call and ask them what sort of guarantee they offer for this electronic download business. I hate to be sceptical, but when one reads these horror stories of fakes and of people getting shut out of shows ............ it does make you a little edgy.

Date: December 2, 2012 17:21

MingSubu
I printed my Brooklyn Stubhub tix. Was initially worried about the instant download/e-tix. After reading a bunch of reviews and even calling Stubhub, I feel confident that everything will be ok. Knock on wood.smiling smiley

Thank you too for your comment

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: December 2, 2012 17:51

Stub Hub is a very good source for secondary market tix. I have bought and sold on SH. They have a policy guaranteeing you a ticket as good or better than the one you buy, if for some reason you have problems. Bring their phone number with you to the event. They have people near events to get you a ticket if you have problems.They require sellers to have an updated credit card which they use as collateral if the seller's ticket is not what is supposed to be. I would trust them more than others. I have not used the others mentioned. But can speak from personal experience.

Date: December 2, 2012 18:01

steverogan
Stub Hub is a very good source for secondary market tix. I have bought and sold on SH. They have a policy guaranteeing you a ticket as good or better than the one you buy, if for some reason you have problems. Bring their phone number with you to the event. They have people near events to get you a ticket if you have problems.They require sellers to have an updated credit card which they use as collateral if the seller's ticket is not what is supposed to be. I would trust them more than others. I have not used the others mentioned. But can speak from personal experience.

Thank you for your comment and advice

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home