Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Lady Jane
Posted by: thabo ()
Date: December 1, 2012 23:39

Okay for every one who is dying to see especially Lady Jane and has given up to go through the almost 50 pages concerning their 2nd show searching for it. Here it is LADY JANE;

Re: Lady Jane
Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: December 1, 2012 23:43

Lol late to the game

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:04

Lady again kind of...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2012 00:19

Great version...............

Afterwards it was better if each number had his own thread in this case different video views could be posted

Posted by: Blue ()
Date: December 2, 2012 04:34

thabo
Okay for every one who is dying to see especially Lady Jane and has given up to go through the almost 50 pages concerning their 2nd show searching for it. Here it is LADY JANE;

SWEET and PERFECTLY done thumbs up

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: December 2, 2012 04:52

very nice

Posted by: rastakeith ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:08

Superb !

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 13:13

I was one of the lucky ones in attendance. Absolutely loved this - but I have to say for the first time ever I was disappointed to hear Charlie's drums come in. Think they were inapproprate and it would have sounded nicer with just the guitars throughout.

Just sayin'.

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: December 2, 2012 16:20

My "Lady Jane" version - from sideview (section 118 row Q)

Don't know what I did wrong on first try, but thanks to "Green Lady" I think it's fixed.

[www.youtube.com]

All the Best!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 20:18 by Heart for Stones.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 2, 2012 16:41

Heart for Stones, your link doesn't go to a video - it just takes me to my YouTube home page.

Anyone else having this problem?

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:10

perfect except for keith's right leg, which is strangely out of place...

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:19

WOW! it's a good one! (this is Heart For Stones' video from Block 118)

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:26

Awesome ............I didn't buy any Stones live records for the last 20 years ....this I would buy

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 2, 2012 19:37

Okay Chuck-haters... try hating his keys here; the harpsichord sound is perfect, and it's fully CARRYING the song if you listen.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: December 2, 2012 19:37

Wonderful! Hope they don't drop it from the setlist. Would love to hear it live at the 2013 tour.thumbs up

Date: December 2, 2012 20:08

jamesfdouglas
Okay Chuck-haters... try hating his keys here; the harpsichord sound is perfect, and it's fully CARRYING the song if you listen.

He did do a really nice job, Ronnie's 12 string also did IMO, and sung so eloquently by Mick, just the right touches from the whole band.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 20:10 by Blue.

Date: December 2, 2012 20:11

I just can't wait til these SBD shows come out on disc...

SBD Baby!!

Date: December 2, 2012 20:32

Mick goes back and wipes his face during break in the song, then wipes his right eye after when he starts singing again, could he have brought a tear to his eye while singing...

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:52

The guitars sound beautiful, playing close to the original. Enjoyable moment, thank to the video posters and comments from those fortunate enough to share with us!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:54

StonesTod
perfect except for keith's right leg, which is strangely out of place...

someone else complained that Keith and Ron (all of them, not just one leg) were out of place, that they should have been up front.

Personally, i think it's one of their lamest songs, I guess people are just creaming over it because of the rarity factor. There's a million others I'd rather see (Prodigal Son, maybe, just 2 acoustics?)

Keith kind of looks like he stopped on his way out, in mid-step, to play a few licks.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:49

Could it be his left leg that is strangely placed?

Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 3, 2012 06:50

Very nice!! I too would prefer no drums but I ain't complaining just great to see this one played live!

Date: December 3, 2012 07:09

Beautifully done! I absolutely love Mick's voice on this and it's quite rarely I thought that about performances from the later years, also especially in respect to ballads, which often ended as a kind of parody because of nasal affectations. He allowed the song to keep its pureness and kind of sentimentality, which make it so great on the record without beeing cheesy. The sentimentality is ballanced by the irony, that comes from the lyrics and his 'courtly' movements on stage, no need for affectations in his singing.

Date: December 3, 2012 07:14

Blue
Mick goes back and wipes his face during break in the song, then wipes his right eye after when he starts singing again, could he have brought a tear to his eye while singing...

I doubt it. Probably used this calm song as a welcome chance to wipe off some sweat.

Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: December 3, 2012 14:59

Can someone tell me when this song was not played last time?

My recording of Lady Jane, good audio I think smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 3, 2012 15:16

Good sound indeed ! Last played on April 17th, 1967 in Greece...last show with Brian Jones.

Date: December 3, 2012 15:39

gotdablouse
Good sound indeed ! Last played on April 17th, 1967 in Greece...last show with Brian Jones.
Thanks! Last show with Brian, en plus...

The sound in O2 was very good, even on the side. I often complain about the sound in concerts, the Stones obviously have very good technicians.

Date: December 3, 2012 15:59

I think it has a lot to do with the O2 too, apparently it was designed with concerts in mind. The sound was absolutely terrific, very clear, not too loud.

The only downside is that in the front of the pit there was very little feedback from the crowd, not a big problem for us even though it felt a bit "empty", but I'm not sure how it was for the band and especially Mick unless they had some crowd feedback in their monitors/earpieces. Was it the same in the stands ?

Date: December 3, 2012 16:09

gotdablouse
I think it has a lot to do with the O2 too, apparently it was designed with concerts in mind. The sound was absolutely terrific, very clear, not too loud.

The only downside is that in the front of the pit there was very little feedback from the crowd, not a big problem for us even though it felt a bit "empty", but I'm not sure how it was for the band and especially Mick unless they had some crowd feedback in their monitors/earpieces. Was it the same in the stands ?
Yes, weirdly the same in the stands, I got the same thought when I was there.

Yet I remember the inverse in 2007, on the floor, in the middle and back ("seats" B and C)

Date: December 3, 2012 17:13

That's interesting, it does feel strange doesn't it, I guess that in the stands you do at least see people cheering in front of you, being in the second row of the pit I didn't have that so I forced myself to turn around and frankly you don't see much. It's really crazy to see Mick work the stage like that and not just be petrified, what must go through his mind...I understand why he seemed to be enjoying the Trabendo so much with people shouting their heads off a few centimeters away from him.

This is a picture of 118 during JJF on Sunday

PS - feel free to drop me an email, would be easier to talk in French ;-)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1576
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home