Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Glasgow 2006
Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: November 30, 2012 18:23

Interested in anyone's thoughts on Glasgow 2006? This thing is hot from beginning to end. Proves that when they're on, they can dominate,regardless of era. GREAT song selection. A set list for the die-hards.

I think I'd nominate this as one of my top ten boots.

Where was it recorded btw? Not an arena or stadium show, that's for sure.

Re: Glasgow 2006
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:27

glasgow i think was hampden park in 2006.

which is a football stadium.

Posted by: thunderball ()
Date: November 30, 2012 19:34

It was broadcast on Radio 2.

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:16

it was a wonderful gig. it rained all afternoon. The Solid Rock Bar on Hope Street was packed beforehand. The rain finally relented just before the band took the stage. They were amazing. happy days

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:19

MrMonte
Interested in anyone's thoughts on Glasgow 2006? This thing is hot from beginning to end. Proves that when they're on, they can dominate,regardless of era. GREAT song selection. A set list for the die-hards.

I think I'd nominate this as one of my top ten boots.

Where was it recorded btw? Not an arena or stadium show, that's for sure.

what makes you think that?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 30, 2012 21:20

letitloose
it was a wonderful gig. it rained all afternoon. The Solid Rock Bar on Hope Street was packed beforehand. The rain finally relented just before the band took the stage. They were amazing. happy days

We had a ball, did we not!

Date: November 30, 2012 21:54

Yep, I had forgotten our "Sun insider" was there. Lots of Inflatable palm trees, and good laughs. I really hope this Stones thing becomes a full blown tour, so we can do it all again. Sometimes the build up is almost as great as the show.

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:18

Was there a lot of empty seats at this gig? Remember hearing somethng about it but papers lie.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:20

Gazza
We had a ball, did we not!

WE SHO DID!!!!!!!! That crowd was jumping.

Date: November 30, 2012 22:22

It was pretty packed out. Was every ticket sold? Not sure.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:30

And yet again Keith fell foul of the authorities by lighting up on stage as the No Smoking In Public ban had recently came in to force in Glasgow. Later in the week for two hours Glasgow City Council used approximately 6K of tax-payers money at a meeting on whether to charge him! Stuff of Legend. Gave rise to the boot 'No Smoking In Glasgow'. Great show (despite Keith's guitar cuttn out on Start Me Up).

tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: johnh ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:31

TomGreen
Was there a lot of empty seats at this gig? Remember hearing somethng about it but papers lie.
I remember lots of empty seats when they played "Sway" and loads of folk went to the bar cos they didnt know it!! Great gig :-)

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: November 30, 2012 22:46

That was a great show. I bought two tickets on the pitch in the first row of the C section, which was basically front row of the b-stage......the price of the tickets was £60!!!

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: December 1, 2012 00:01

Great memories...was travelling in Scotland (from Canada here) with my family..I bailed on them for a night of 'Stones. Terrific show, great price on ticket near the B-stage. Had a great time with folks from Wales and others from Calgary!! And cute students from Poland that were generous with their bar service smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home