Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

London Shows Missed Opportunities
Posted by: edithgrove ()
Date: November 30, 2012 11:40

First off, from what I've seen and heard on the videos, the band sounds better than I would have expected. It's good to see a small tight band performing again.

There are a lot of highlights: Midnight Rambler with MT, Gimme with Florence, YCAGWYW, the 60s material: Lady Jane, Paint It Black, I Wanna Be Your Man, Get Off My Cloud, Last Time, Live With Me. Even One More Shot is growing on me.

But there are missed opportunities that would have made these perfect shows imo:

If you are going to bring Bill Wyman back for any song, why not Miss You? His signature bass lines would save this war horse and make it sound interesting to listen to again.

The other missed opportunity of course is not having Mick Taylor play on more songs. In 1981, at least he was on 8 or 9 songs. It would be fine having him play on the ones from his era as a mini set. It was great to hear him on Midnight Rambler, but it was a waste not to include him on more songs.

It's a 50 Year Celebration, and these guys were part of the band history. It's a shame their talents could not have been used better. Hopefully MT will continue on this tour, and have the opportunity to play more. No disrespect to Ronnie, his playing is solid, but the fans want more Taylor.

This is the end of my little rant, but I think it's valid points to make the perfect 2012 show.

Re: London Shows Missed Opportunities
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:47

would like to have seen pictures where all 6 stones members are on stage together.

regardless of whether mick taylor or bill wyman left the band a long time ago, they will always be counted as rolling stones.

and hopefully they change the setlist for the us shows.

do we really need

miss you
its only rock and roll
you cant always get what you want
start me up

drop them for

she was hot
if you cant rock me
no expectations
shattered

rotate

gimme shelter
midnight rambler
sympathy for the devil and create more space for more mid 60,s stuff.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1738
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home