Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Midnight Rambler O2 Nov 29
Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 2, 2012 01:50

drbryant
I was so exhausted after this number (and Clapton-Wood-Keef a few numbers before) that the rest of the show seemed a little anti-climactic to me. Perhaps casual fans wouldn't feel that way, but for me, it was such an incredible high that the rest of the show couldn't come close to matching it.

did you boo them?

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 2, 2012 01:54

StonesTod
drbryant
I was so exhausted after this number (and Clapton-Wood-Keef a few numbers before) that the rest of the show seemed a little anti-climactic to me. Perhaps casual fans wouldn't feel that way, but for me, it was such an incredible high that the rest of the show couldn't come close to matching it.

did you boo them?

Nah. Did everything I'm supposed to do, you know - sang along, waved my hands back and forth when Mick did, and shouted "yeah, yeah, yeah WH-oooh!" It was alright.

Date: December 2, 2012 02:00

drbryant
StonesTod
drbryant

did you boo them?

Nah. Did everything I'm supposed to do, you know - sang along, waved my hands back and forth when Mick did, and shouted "yeah, yeah, yeah WH-oooh!" It was alright.

didn't sympathy for the devil frighten you? it's supposed to be a scary song or something.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 2, 2012 02:46

StonesTod
drbryant
StonesTod
drbryant

did you boo them?

didn't sympathy for the devil frighten you? it's supposed to be a scary song or something.

At first I was a little scared, but then the boogie woogie piano and "hoo-hoo's" made me feel much better.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 2, 2012 04:18

excellent, taylor getting way better reviews than wyman for these gigs

Posted by: frozengold ()
Date: December 2, 2012 07:53

cn854
Not too shabby, sounds a lot better and refiend than the previous gig. Wonder why though does he still kinda looks like a novice, performance wise? Heck the guy has been touring for what 50 years in front of audiences? Maybe he should go back to standing still.... LOL

Yes he seems a bit lost

Posted by: MickyG ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:49

Still keep going back to this one! Great watching, but try just listening to it with headphones on. Some great stuff by all 3 guitarists.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: December 2, 2012 14:52

It remind's me of GYYY0 - Iis that Good ... Ihope they play in S. Florida.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:18

Love seeing those 3 guitarist stading in front of Charlie.

Taylor stepping up and around 7:50 gettin into it. Love it, love it, love it!!!

Come on, just have 3 guitar players, for these 3 shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 18:21 by MingSubu.

Date: December 2, 2012 18:24

Chris Fountain
It remind's me of GYYY0

i've heard gyyyo...i worked with gyyyo...and it, sir, is no gyyyo

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:28

StonesTod
Chris Fountain
It remind's me of GYYY0

They have to practice a little bit more...............

Date: December 2, 2012 18:36

NICOS
StonesTod
Chris Fountain
It remind's me of GYYY0

do you have any idea of how much it costs to practice???

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:43

StonesTod
NICOS
StonesTod
Chris Fountain
It remind's me of GYYY0

do you have any idea of how much it costs to practice???

Yeah I know what it cost.....they can skip the Ritz and go to the Mac

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 2, 2012 18:50

StonesTod
drbryant
StonesTod
drbryant

did you boo them?

Songs about having a cup of tea are not scary.

Posted by: pmk251 ()
Date: December 2, 2012 19:18

MingSubu
Love seeing those 3 guitarist stading in front of Charlie....

Come on, just have 3 guitar players, for these 3 shows.

It is an intriguing idea. You have a lead guitar player; two rhythm guitar players; two slide players; you can go acoustic, electric and pedal steel player (or any combination thereof)...lots of potential. But that is not what these shows are about. I think these shows are about financial and psychological self aggrandizement with the least amount of effort, risk or creativity played to exceed low audience expectations. Taylor and Wyman are ticket sellers. Nothing more. But, really, what did you expect?

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 3, 2012 16:54

FANTASTIC!!

Mick T, Please come to Newark next week!
Bill W, ditto!

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 3, 2012 17:09

Justin
Redhotcarpet
flashhh
I'm a huge MT fan, but I think his playing on this number was too loud and too much. Didn't seem to fit to me.

Dont know whats wrong though, maybe it is indeed the interaction between Keith and Taylor, I cant hear Keith on these videos but Taylor is not back but on his way back thats for sure. Much better now but still obvious the BAND including Taylor has not rehearsed. Taylor and Keith used to be oil and gasoline. I blame Keith.

It's Keith's fault that Taylor is playing too loud and out of sync. Yeah that makes perfect sense.

Taylor's performance has improved slightly from Sunday's show but it still sounds like the band is playing in one song and Taylor is playing another. The main issue is that Taylor is still not listening and feeling the different parts of the song. He's tuning into Keith, Ronnie and Charlie better but he's not falling in line with them. He's treating the song as one loooooong solo. Hardly any dips and restraint to focus on just rhythm...it's lead after lead after lead after lead...leaving no space for the song to breathe. The balance is waaaaay off here. Part of the magic of this song is spotlighting Keith and his grooves. Period. But at these 02 shows, Taylor takes all that away. All the spots that usually establish the groove by Keith is overridden with Taylor. The point of this song isn't for Keith to start the song and never be heard from again. Even on the Brussels '73 version you hear Keith emerge in the middle with some strong rhythm and Taylor is backing him up. Then they both go the rhythm together...then Taylor takes it for the slow breakdown (in fact it is this specific spot in the song that really is reserved for showcasing Taylor). Later he gives it back to Keith as the song ends. NONE of this sharing is happening at these shows. At the 02 shows he isn't really counterbalancing the space evenly. He definitely sounds like a guest guitar player on this track instead of working best for the song and integrating himself into it.

Like Sunday, he still sounds like he's trying to cram all his Mick Taylor greatness into this one song. Again, if they gave him just one more song to play on that'd might loosen his grip on Rambler a bit.

Yeah but thats what I meant, it's suppsed to be a guitar duet song with Keith chewing his chords and Taylor slicing in between AND suddenly fly away once or twice. But, I blame this on Keith who's supposed to call the shots, invite Taylor to rehearsals, who should WANT to perform the hell out of their best live song ever. Listen to Taylors solo in the end, it's freking perfect! It's Keiths guitar thats inaudible here but I guess we'll have to wait for the boots or official recording. I dont know how Keith played this cause I cant hear him. It looks like he's not giving a damn.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: December 3, 2012 17:16

To me this sounds and looks like either Mick or Keith (not bloody likely) invited old Taylor back for two concerts with their respective solo acts called "The Rolling Stones". Keith, a solo artist plays Rambler and looks on as Taylor plays this and that during the song. I dont see or hear a band perform.

Date: December 3, 2012 17:24

Redhotcarpet
Justin
Redhotcarpet
flashhh
I'm a huge MT fan, but I think his playing on this number was too loud and too much. Didn't seem to fit to me.

Dont know whats wrong though, maybe it is indeed the interaction between Keith and Taylor, I cant hear Keith on these videos but Taylor is not back but on his way back thats for sure. Much better now but still obvious the BAND including Taylor has not rehearsed. Taylor and Keith used to be oil and gasoline. I blame Keith.

It's Keith's fault that Taylor is playing too loud and out of sync. Yeah that makes perfect sense.

Taylor's performance has improved slightly from Sunday's show but it still sounds like the band is playing in one song and Taylor is playing another. The main issue is that Taylor is still not listening and feeling the different parts of the song. He's tuning into Keith, Ronnie and Charlie better but he's not falling in line with them. He's treating the song as one loooooong solo. Hardly any dips and restraint to focus on just rhythm...it's lead after lead after lead after lead...leaving no space for the song to breathe. The balance is waaaaay off here. Part of the magic of this song is spotlighting Keith and his grooves. Period. But at these 02 shows, Taylor takes all that away. All the spots that usually establish the groove by Keith is overridden with Taylor. The point of this song isn't for Keith to start the song and never be heard from again. Even on the Brussels '73 version you hear Keith emerge in the middle with some strong rhythm and Taylor is backing him up. Then they both go the rhythm together...then Taylor takes it for the slow breakdown (in fact it is this specific spot in the song that really is reserved for showcasing Taylor). Later he gives it back to Keith as the song ends. NONE of this sharing is happening at these shows. At the 02 shows he isn't really counterbalancing the space evenly. He definitely sounds like a guest guitar player on this track instead of working best for the song and integrating himself into it.

Like Sunday, he still sounds like he's trying to cram all his Mick Taylor greatness into this one song. Again, if they gave him just one more song to play on that'd might loosen his grip on Rambler a bit.

Yeah but thats what I meant, it's suppsed to be a guitar duet song with Keith chewing his chords and Taylor slicing in between AND suddenly fly away once or twice. But, I blame this on Keith who's supposed to call the shots, invite Taylor to rehearsals, who should WANT to perform the hell out of their best live song ever. Listen to Taylors solo in the end, it's freking perfect! It's Keiths guitar thats inaudible here but I guess we'll have to wait for the boots or official recording. I dont know how Keith played this cause I cant hear him. It looks like he's not giving a damn.

I had no trouble hearing Keith on the show (#1). From where I was seated (just behind the pit), Taylor was loud, but not as loud as on these YT-clips.

Keith played Rambler like he always does; perfectly.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: December 5, 2012 23:37

blueyestoo
roby
71Tele
Naturalust
Hell yeah! Taylors laying down some sweet fills between jaggers vocals. This is so much better than the first night. Just imagine if Taylor had rehearsed the entire set with them. Let Keith and Ronnie weave all they want, the Stones are more exciting with a lead guitar player who isn't scared to step it up and play a few notes on the top. .. peace

I'll drink to that!

Mee too.

smileys with beer I'll buy the next round!

And he sounds better and better with each drink! peace

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2448
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home