Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Kiss of Life boot/1999 Sacramento
Posted by: eric ()
Date: January 6, 2005 14:58

Hi all- Have to share this with you. Now some of you may have this show and I know we talk alot about bootlegs and DVDs etc. But I got some belated christmas gifts which were about 10 stones boots. OMG I am in heaven. My Favorite is the NO SECURTIY show from Sacramento. I think its a soundboard recording but I will tell those who don't have it GET IT! I kinda forgot how GREAT these shows were ( I saw 6 of them ). THis boot sounds great and the boys were tight and on FIRE (IMO).I only hope, that during the next tour the setlist is as good as these shows. Its all there the 60's 70's 80's, and 90's. I just had to share this with you and it maybe boring but this boot is great from all angles and it fairs better than most new live cd's coming out from the record companies. IMO of course thanks for listening....

Re: Kiss of Life boot/1999 Sacramento
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 6, 2005 15:17

eric, I agree it was a good tour! I saw only one concert (Imst), but it was really great! They played songs I've never heard live before like Route 66, Some Girls and Ruby Tuesday!
And I have the bootleg from it too (but i can't find it at the moment) and I listened to it quite often.
It's better than most bootlegs I have from the B2B or Licks Tour!

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 6, 2005 15:19

Yeah, it's an excellent audience recording. Kinda like Toronto from the same Tour.

I crossed the Atlantic to see them in Chicago and I really don't regret it !!!

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Sjouke ()
Date: January 6, 2005 16:55

Lorenz,
Actually the NO SECURITY Tour in Europe was B2B Part 2. Only the first concerts (Stuttgart, Imst) saw some songs of the NO SECURITY set list and with Sympathy for the Devil as encore. Indeed great songs like Some Girls, Ruby Tuesday, Respectable. It was a great show in Imst, in very bad conditions (lots of rain on a mudpool). I remember there were two support acts, Zucchero and Bryan Adams.

Sjouke

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 6, 2005 17:13

Sacramento is a great boot from that tour. I saw two NS shows in Hartford and they were amazing.

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: January 6, 2005 18:03

yeah, it's a good boot - definitely an audience. but, it's not the best of the tour in terms of sound. That belongs to the prior show - Oakland. Better performance in Oakland too - remember, MJ lost his voice halfway into the Sacto show...

Best of 99 if you add in the Europe leg is still Stuttgart, by a country mile.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: January 6, 2005 18:43

Yes, Sjouke you are right about the warm-up acts.
I missed Bryan Adams, I was in the VIP tent... but Zucchero was great!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 7, 2005 05:38

Where did the boys play in Sacramento?

Posted by: BOBM ()
Date: January 7, 2005 10:14

ARCO Arena

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: January 9, 2005 20:38

eric, you are right ---that sacto. gig was one of the best shows i ever saw and the best on the 99 tour out of 9 attended---it was smokin' from start to finish--great setlist and the first boot from the tour that i bought---enjoy!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 9, 2005 20:52

I loved the shows I saw in '99 too, & it was their first indoor tour of the US since '81. I recall "You Got The Silver,' 'Moonlight Mile,' 'Some Girls,' "Thief In the Night,' 'Route 66' & others not done live before - very tight rocking show, no frills, & 'Out Of Control,' was the highlight - more 'lived-in' than the B2B versions.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: January 10, 2005 16:11

Sacramento, great show. I was handing out catalogues on the door so I was inside for the soundcheck which is on the boot but we were not allowed in the auditorium. There was a fight on the left hand side of walk way which Jim C broke up. Just before the band walked to the B stage my friend (hi Tony) and I jumped over 2 rows of seats behind us to get to the front but the arena security told us we had to go back to our seats, again Jim C intervined and we were allowed to stay.

Remember the cage not coming down for Out Of Control but didn't notice Micks voice going till I heard the CDs.

I was also front row for Imst, bloody cold and bloody loud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home