Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Combination album - Black And Blue/Tattoo You
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 29, 2012 08:08

Since the concert the other night I've been on a Stones kick lately. Not listening to every album, but every day 2 or so songs will pop into my head and I'll then listen to the whole album. Gone through Let It Bleed, Sticky Fingers, Their Satanic Majesties Request, Some Girls, etc.

So tonight I get to Black And Blue. Not an album I don't like, but one where I distinctly like only half of the songs on there. I always think of it as a one sided album for me where all my stuff fits comfortably on side A, and the crap (apologies to those that like it) on side B. So I get to thinking, this was kind of the first album I didn't like 75% or more of the songs (maybe as much as 80 or 85%). After listening to Some Girls earlier in the evening, its funny to hear that comeback where I go back to liking the whole album. Then you get to Tattoo You, the last "true" Stones album and has always been flawed for me as well.

So I thought "I like about the same amount of time on both albums (21 minutes, give or take). If I combine those albums, there really isn't a Stones album I DON'T like during their first 20 years. Pretty big accomplishment, and I guess thats why they are one of the greatest bands of all time, but just something I hadn't thought about. Anyway, I have combined these two albums, 43 minutes long, both sides are miraculously 21 and a half minutes each, and an album that stands up in full to everything previous (again all in my opinion). So I present you with:

Black, Blue, And Tattoo You (or Black & Blue & Tattoo You... I haven't decided yet):

Side A:
1. Start Me Up
2. Hang Fire
3. Fool To Cry
4. Little T & A
5. Memory Motel

Side B:
6. Neighbours
7. Tops
8. Hand Of Fate
9. Worried About You
10. Crazy Mama

Any thoughts? I tried to separate the slower stuff throughout the album, as its predominantly "rock-heavy". Personally, I really like the look of this album, but then again its all my favorite songs from these two. The ones not included are ones that have just never grown on me, and most are just the same thing over and over again for 4 minutes. They beg to be labelled "filler" IMO. Anyone like this album combination or have one of your own? Again, combine these two, and there's really no Stones album in their first 20 years where I like less than 85% of the album.

Re: Combination album - Black And Blue/Tattoo You
Posted by: Single Malt ()
Date: November 29, 2012 08:27

This is a hard one since I like both albums very much. But let's give it a go.

1. Hot Stuff
2. Hang Fire
3. Slave
4. Hand Of Fate
5. Hey Negrita

1. Start Me Up
2. Melody
3. Little T&A
4. Tops
5. Crazy Mama

+ possible singles:
(7" ) Start Me Up // Waiting On A Friend
(12" ) Memory Motel // Heaven / No Use In Crying

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-29 08:47 by Single Malt.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: November 29, 2012 08:35

or - Goats Head Soap/Dirty Work

This is what I decided:

Side A:
1. Dancing with Mr D
2. 100 years ago
3. Coming down again
4. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
5. Angie
Side B:
1. Silver train
2. Hide your love
3. Winter
4. Can you hear the music
5. Star Star
6. Piano Instrumental

2 1 2 0

Date: November 29, 2012 08:49

Come On
or - Goats Head Soap/Dirty Work

This is what I decided:

Side A:
1. Dancing with Mr D
2. 100 years ago
3. Coming down again
4. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo
5. Angie
Side B:
1. Silver train
2. Hide your love
3. Winter
4. Can you hear the music
5. Star Star
6. Piano Instrumental
>grinning smiley<
Before reading through your post, I was about to waaaay disagree with you. And while writing my first post, I thought some might consider Goats Head Soup their first "bad" album. But personally there are only two songs I don't like on that album (Hide Your Love and Can You Hear The Music) and even those aren't that bad. Still falls under that "I like at least 75% of the album" title. They didn't have an album until Black And Blue where I didn't like more than 2 songs on the album, and I just don't know most of the albums after Tattoo You well enough to know the good songs from the bad. I'm sure more combinations could be done there too.

Posted by: ripthisjoint908 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 16:03

Hard...I love almost every song from each..but lets try it out.

1. Start Me Up
2. Hey Nigrita
3. Hand of Fate
4. Melody
5. Little T&A

1. Black Limousine
2. Heaven
3. Waiting on a Friend
4. Slave
5. Crazy Mama

Posted by: deeppurple ()
Date: November 29, 2012 16:06

If,'B+B' had the 2 songs left off it would be even better today. Of course, i am talking about 'Slave' and 'Worried about you'
Side One

1)Hot Stuff
2)Hand of Fate
3)Slave
4)Crazy Mama
5)Fool to Cry

Side Two

1)Hey Negrita
2)Melody
3)Worried about you
4)Cherry oh, Baby
5)Memory Motel

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 29, 2012 16:08

Get rid of Fool To Cry and call it Black and Blue Tattoo...

and it has to have Slave.

Date: November 29, 2012 21:25

Funny how alot of people seem to think the tracks I hate NEED to be on the album. Can't stand Slave, Hot Stuff, Hey Negrita, Cherry Oh Baby. I literally think its the same 10 seconds over and over again for 5 minutes in all of them. They never go anywhere, and I also never liked the Stones playing that style of music. My combo album would be mostly hard rock with a few slower songs mixed in.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1740
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home