Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44
Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Date: November 30, 2012 14:27

Great pictures, Pauly. I notice Kahoosier rocking out in a couple of them!

Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:30

bv
CindyC
kowalski
[Did she gave a kiss to Charlie as well? (last seconds on the video)

It looks like she tried!

She did not just try... Charlie got the biggest kiss from Florence of them all! She did all of the "boys" one by one. First Mick of course. Then Ronnie and Keith, properly, then Charlie big kiss because he wasn't available for hugging on his drum kit...

What is this? Florence Does The Stones?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:31

Canon G12 - a good compromise in my opinion between a totally useless compact that's good for nothing other than subject matter 6 feet in front of your nose - and a full blown DSLR which (a) can be cumbersome to wield in a concert setting, and (b) can quite often cause you problems getting into a venue if security decides to get a bit heavy ....

[www.dpreview.com]

PS - this is a reply to Silver Dagger's earlier post asking what camera I use ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 14:33 by paulywaul.

Date: November 30, 2012 14:34

Manofwealthandtaste
Great pictures, Pauly. I notice Kahoosier rocking out in a couple of them!

Yep, the doc is a rockin' !!

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:35

My thoughts:
Best concert eversmiling smiley
Am I the only one who thinks that Keef dominated MR yesterday? He was so awesome. Of course, Mick T. played realy on fire, but Keef ... I think he nailed it.
This is The Gratest Rock 'n' Roll Band in the world, no doubt. Worth every penny.
Thank you guys in the pit, it was a fantastic evening in London.

hitti

You've got the sun, the moon and you've got the Rolling Stones

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:46

First of all thanks to delacey99 for sharin' his awesome vid of MR on YT thumbs up

It's odd, it's like finaly the Stones pay tribute to "le Mozart de la guitare" Mick Taylor .Just watch them all , let him doing his thing and probably thought, we all have played with this guy and indeed he was @#$%&' good, maybe we should have asked him from time to time years before.
Best thing I've seen since...I didn't recall

HMN

Date: November 30, 2012 14:46

Thanks Drbyant !!

Date: November 30, 2012 14:52

camdenrambler1973
Thanks Drbyant !!

Hey Camdenrambler - I was right next to you in the Seatwave office when you were handed your ticket and you briefly explained the story behind it. Once again, good on you and I hope you enjoyed the show!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:54

paulywaul
Canon G12 - a good compromise in my opinion between a totally useless compact that's good for nothing other than subject matter 6 feet in front of your nose - and a full blown DSLR which (a) can be cumbersome to wield in a concert setting, and (b) can quite often cause you problems getting into a venue if security decides to get a bit heavy ....

[www.dpreview.com]

PS - this is a reply to Silver Dagger's earlier post asking what camera I use ....

How did you sneak it in?? I remember taking my full blown Canon EOS to the last show at the 02 in 2007 and having to sling it round my back and get two friends to flank me so it did not stick out.

What setting did you use as the shots are really pin sharp.

Date: November 30, 2012 14:59

Silver Dagger
paulywaul

[www.dpreview.com]

How did you sneak it in ?? I remember taking my full blown Canon EOS to the last show at the 02 in 2007 and having to sling it round my back and get two friends to flank me so it did not stick out.

What setting did you use as the shots are really pin sharp.

Well with a Canon G12 there's not really much "sneaking in" to be done, because it's relatively unobtrusive. Yesterday I actually had it in the same plastic bag as some merchandise I bought, a box of enamel pins. No big deal, security didn't even blink, the only thing they were checking was womens' handbags, that was it.

Settings: highish ISO, shutter priority between about 1/160 and 1/250 - depending on what flavour the lights were at any given moment of time. Yes, they're OK actually - thanks.

Posted by: GS1978 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:08

GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

I agree. I wish I was there.

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling stones app, etc today

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 15:12 by GS1978.

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:22

To me, Keith just strides to the front and blows Clapton away with his brief tasteful statement.Eric is faster but Keith is rock and roll. It was like "Oh yeah, what about this? ans then he just strode back"

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:25

Fantastic version, just brilliant.

Why is Keith and Ronnie sitting way back by the drummer kit? They should all be out front. That ruined the visual of the song. What is the matter with these guys? No interaction, that scene is not very friendly. 50 years and they can't collaborate for a slow acoustical gathering at center stage.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:28

YES!!!!!!!

Date: November 30, 2012 15:30

The Sicilian

Why is Keith and Ronnie sitting way back by the drummer kit? They should all be out front. That ruined the visual of the song. What is the matter with these guys? No interaction, that scene is not very friendly. 50 years and they can't collaborate for a slow acoustical gathering at center stage.

They SHOULD be doing exactly what they choose to do, which is precisely what they DID do. The fact that you'd have PREFERRED them out front is another matter, but what they chose to do certainly wasn't "unfriendly", and more to the point - there's most definitely nothing "the matter with these guys" !!

What a bizarre statement to make ?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:43

The Sicilian

Nothing is the matter with these guys.

Everything is right with these guys.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:44

gimme shelter..... f..ing great

Florence, Keef and Mick
amazing
Watched it with a tear in my eye

Great stuff

jeroen

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:45

paulywaul
The Sicilian

They SHOULD be doing exactly what they choose to do, which is precisely what they DID do. The fact that you'd have PREFERRED them out front is another matter, but what they chose to do certainly wasn't "unfriendly", and more to the point - there's most definitely nothing "the matter with these guys" !!

Maybe they should have turned their backs while their at it. They are entertainers. The audience paid big money to be entertained not isolated. Take a look back at Prodigal Son.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:49

The Sicilian
paulywaul
The Sicilian

Maybe they should have turned their backs while their at it. They are entertainers. The audience paid big money to be entertained not isolated. Take a look back at Prodigal Son.

They are sat besides their monitors so they can hear what they are doing on their acoustic guitars.

The monitors are out of the way so they can move around on the stage when they are playing the electric numbers.

Date: November 30, 2012 15:55

The Sicilian
paulywaul
The Sicilian

They DID .... Keith had his back to me throughout the entire song !! winking smiley winking smiley winking smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 30, 2012 15:59

Florence bumped Jagger! I think he liked this
she was excited..

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:17

camdenrambler1973
We both had been there for waiting to see if we could get lucky. The ticket offered was the very last one, they had. I Saw this girls face and I could not bring myself to take the ticket, so I done the decent thing and offered her the ticket (The ultimate sacrifice!!!!!!)

The girl had never seen the stones and I have many times down the years, and i thought "oh what the hell", she deserves it.... One very happy and grateful girl left the office and made her way to the venue.

For my sacrifice I was given a beer from the office fridge (Happy day's), by a member of the booking team for my kindness. I mentioned I would try my luck Thursday, i figured I got nothing to lose right!

I got to the office again last night and it was packed with people trying to buy online. The same member of staff saw me and at around 15 Min's before show time after all online sells had been completed, I was offered a tongue pit ticket which was unclaimed for £200!!!!

Oh - i just LOVE this story!!!! I love a good story of great karma smiling down n someone. What a gentleman you are.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:18

GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

If you haven't already, you all should watch this version of an AMAZING performance. Florence Welch inspired and pushed the Stones. Watch Jagger, Richards & Watts' faces -- they are all locked in. Her brilliance and energy made them raise their game and showed that she's a very talented girl they still are the greatest rock n roll band in the world (at least on some nights...).

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling
stones app, etc today

Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 was at the O2 Thursday night, he's been talking about it during his show and appears to have been genuinely touched by the experience.

I've just watched the Florence Welch performance after he gushed about it, and she F%£$ing nailed it!

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:20

CindyC
camdenrambler1973
We both had been there for waiting to see if we could get lucky. The ticket offered was the very last one, they had. I Saw this girls face and I could not bring myself to take the ticket, so I done the decent thing and offered her the ticket (The ultimate sacrifice!!!!!!)

The girl had never seen the stones and I have many times down the years, and i thought "oh what the hell", she deserves it.... One very happy and grateful girl left the office and made her way to the venue.

For my sacrifice I was given a beer from the office fridge (Happy day's), by a member of the booking team for my kindness. I mentioned I would try my luck Thursday, i figured I got nothing to lose right!

I got to the office again last night and it was packed with people trying to buy online. The same member of staff saw me and at around 15 Min's before show time after all online sells had been completed, I was offered a tongue pit ticket which was unclaimed for £200!!!!

Oh - i just LOVE this story!!!! I love a good story of great karma smiling down n someone. What a gentleman you are.

That is a fantastic tale of woe and of triumph!
Proving you CAN always get what you want...and a beer too!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:39

Justin
Why the F*CK can't the guitar techs give Taylor the proper volume on stage? He's still begging to be louder.

Keith has the master knob on his guitar

Date: November 30, 2012 16:39

68to72
GS1978
GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

note to the stones: get a version of this on rollingstones.com, facebook, rolling
stones app, etc today

Jeremy Vine on Radio 2 was at the O2 Thursday night, he's been talking about it during his show and appears to have been genuinely touched by the experience.

I've just watched the Florence Welch performance after he gushed about it, and she F%£$ing nailed it!

Yes I heard that as well, and he really WAS gushing about it too. Obviously a huge admirer of the band too !

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:51

CindyC
camdenrambler1973

Awesome! Cheers to you, camdenrambler1973 smileys with beer

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:52

corriecas
gimme shelter..... f..ing great

Florence, Keef and Mick
amazing
Watched it with a tear in my eye

Great stuff

jeroen

+1

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: November 30, 2012 16:54

tomcat2006
CindyC
camdenrambler1973

Awesome! Cheers to you, camdenrambler1973 smileys with beer

Hello,

Probably the best story that I've read on IORR in my 6 years here: good on you, CR73!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: November 30, 2012 17:04

Another great concert,
incredible atmosphera.
thank you Stones, was very expansive but are biggest for ever.
thanks!
sici

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2121
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home