Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 44
Re: Second O2 show Thursday Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: November 30, 2012 10:52

runaway
Don't know if it already happened on the first O2 Show but it would be great to see the Portraits of BJ and IS shining on the Second O2 Show while the RS play one of the Sixties Rocksongs...

Cheers

Thank U Runaway!! I so agree with this!! It would be a 'nice nod' to the both of them.
--------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Re: Show number 2: London O2 Arena Nov. 29 show updates
Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 30, 2012 11:09

Yes, better than 1969, 1970, 1973 for sure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RG
Justin

Okay yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song.

You're right! Keith rocks better than ever!

Thanks by the way for posting this great video

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 30, 2012 11:13

benstones
Champagne and Reefer, with Eric Clapton.

Once again Keith Richards did a great solo...

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: November 30, 2012 11:41

Million million thanks for the films. I feel I've waited for these for 50 years. Unbelievably good to see the Stones exactly from the audience viewpoint. Honest records of how great they are live. I feel like throwing all the official dvds away(not really!) because of over-editing,unnecessary close-ups and the directors thinking tricks like overzooming in & out etc recreate the excitement. Just give us the Stones on stage, that's all we need.
Amazing footage.
Thanks again to everyone who took the trouble.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 30, 2012 11:57

Seconded. It's amazing to be able to see these great vids within hours of the show.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:05

RG
Justin

Okay yeah, I'm pretty sure Keith hasn't done that lick at 3:38 in probably 20 years...in ANY song.

You're right! Keith rocks better than ever!

Thanks by the way for posting this great video

I'm sorry... am I the only one missing Keith's noodle riff??

Date: November 30, 2012 12:14

GravityBoy
RG
Justin

I'm sorry... am I the only one missing Keith's noodle riff??

No. But, chuuttt smiling smiley

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:14

I HAVE BEEN ON A LONG VACATION FOR MORE THAN 5 WEEKS TO INDOCHINA, I COULD NOT BE WITH YOU IN THE O2 ARENA .... IT WAS A LONG TIME AGO MADE DECISION, BUT MAN DO I HAVE MIXED EMOTIONS AFTER HEARING AND WATCHING ALL OF YOUR REVIEWS AND AUDIO/VIDEO CLIPS .... DAMN ... I MISSED SOMETHING VERY IMPORTANT, BUT HELL... I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR ALL OF YOU THAT "OUR BOYS" PERFORMED SO WELL..... smiling bouncing smiley

RICHARD DECCA61

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:16

IORReans are great! I just want to say thanks to all of posters. I `ve read 36 pages one by one, and it was like waiting for a real gig at first, and then following it song by song - amazing! And opinions and now videos make the impression you attend at the venue listening to other fans, quite life-like. Thank you very much!

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:23

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:27

IORR

Gimme Shelter

Paint It Black

As grateful as I am for the videos, I can't help but feel that people should put away their cameras a bit and enjoy the show. The two folks right in front of the guy shooting the videos are also filming. It's ridiculous.

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:31

Many thanks to those who sacrificed some of their own enjoyment to take these videos for the rest of us who would have loved to be there. A generous and kind gesture that is much appreciated.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:35

camdenrambler1973
Fantastic, show last night, I managed to get a tongue pit ticket for £200 just 15 Mins before show time. I'll share with you how I managed to get so lucky.

I tried to get ticket's for Sunday's show first. I went to seatwave outside the venue and I was offered a general ticket for £100 ( the ticket was unclaimed) as the show was just about to start inside. I was offered the ticket because I walked into the office thirty seconds in front of a girl right behind me about two hours previously.

We both had been there for waiting to see if we could get lucky. The ticket offered was the very last one, they had. I Saw this girls face and I could not bring myself to take the ticket, so I done the decent thing and offered her the ticket (The ultimate sacrifice!!!!!!)

The girl had never seen the stones and I have many times down the years, and i thought "oh what the hell", she deserves it.... One very happy and grateful girl left the office and made her way to the venue.

For my sacrifice I was given a beer from the office fridge (Happy day's), by a member of the booking team for my kindness. I mentioned I would try my luck Thursday, i figured I got nothing to lose right!

I got to the office again last night and it was packed with people trying to buy online. The same member of staff saw me and at around 15 Min's before show time after all online sells had been completed, I was offered a tongue pit ticket which was unclaimed for £200!!!!

I was in dreamland to say the least!!!!!!!! Just goes to show one good turn deserves another. The rock n roll god's were looking down on me, so thank you all so much and also to the fantastic staff member who also played a part in providing me with the ultimate ticket.

I've seen the Stones countless of times all around the world since my first show at Wembley Stadium aged "21" on the Voodoo lounge Tour. Some amazing experiences and some wonderful friendship made in that time watching them followed.

Watching them from where I was standing last night reminded me of the countless hours queuing up 10 hours before show time to get down the front, when It was so much easier to get ticket's and get around and see them.

The show was amazing (But that's just par for the course i guess) and I saw some very familiar faces from stones gig's from the last 15 years!!! The Last time ??? Somehow i seriously doubt that!!! This ride aint stopping yet my friends.

Hope you all loved the show, those who were lucky enough to be there and for those he weren't as lucky, keep the faith and keep persistent and you will receive the ultimate prize, to see the "Greatest rock n roll band in the world!!!!

Great story - glad that a good deed was rewarded.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:41

It's still so amazing and unbelievable to see how in shape Mick Jagger is. Guys, this man is 69 years old! He is in a better condition than an average persone of 25 years old!

Deeply respect for that. Rock on Sir Michael Philip!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:44

RG
It's still so amazing and unbelievable to see how in shape Mick Jagger is. Guys, this man is 69 years old! He is in a better condition than an average persone of 25 years old!

Deeply respect for that. Rock on Sir Michael Philip!

Yep, I agree. That discipline is amazing. Seeing how he moves like a man decades younger on Sunday night inspired me this week to get back to the gym - old age would be a lot more enjoyable in this shape.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 12:52

A quick review following my essay on the ticket drop thread of how I actually got into the gig.

I didn't go on Sunday, as I had something else lined up, but deliberately avoided checking anything on youTube or here on the site. I had read the reviews, but still wanted to come to the experience fresh, as it were.Therefore I'm not in a position (yet) to compare Florence with Mary J or Beck with Clapton.

Really enjoyed the first four songs dating from mid-60's. Gimme Shelter sounded great to me - Florence was certainly matching Mick for both vocals and moves. Lady Jane was most welcome, considering it and Satisfaction were dropped Sunday night. Eric certainly proved his mettle on Champagne and Reefer - first time I've seen him playing with them. One More Shot worked better live than the studio version, while Doom and Gloom (which I think is a much better song), was less impressive, I'm afraid. Seeing Bill again was cool...but didn't really add too much from my perspective. He just stands there...but that's what he always did, I shouldn't have expected anything different, I guess. Keith's numbers were pretty good, but pretty much par for the course. MR was certainly the highlight for me - Mick Taylor, who I have never even before, was a revelation, what a superb player. Nice to see him join in the final bow with the rest of the band - funny Bill wasn't in that line-up? The warhorses to end with were predictable, but hey, I'm sure there were a few first-timers in the audience. I heard of someone from Israel that saw their first Stones gig on Sunday...and didn't get to hear them play Satisfaction!
Some people have mentioned they miss Blondie...but I certainly don't. Nothing against the guy, but three guitars is just too much. OK for one song, if Mick Taylor is playing, but not all the way through.
Overall impression for me is that Mick Jagger is still the frontman par excellence, he pretty much carried most of the gig as far as I was concerned. Charlie was as good as ever, of course!

Finally, well done CamdenRamber, I also scored a last minute ticket from Seatwave, but you got a much better deal. Karma paying you back for your good deed on Sunday, no doubt.

Lee

Date: November 30, 2012 13:02

Thanks for this objective review !

No "best show ever", it's very very very uncommon here smiling smiley

lmatth8461
A quick review following my essay on the ticket drop thread of how I actually got into the gig.

I didn't go on Sunday, as I had something else lined up, but deliberately avoided checking anything on youTube or here on the site. I had read the reviews, but still wanted to come to the experience fresh, as it were.Therefore I'm not in a position (yet) to compare Florence with Mary J or Beck with Clapton.

Really enjoyed the first four songs dating from mid-60's. Gimme Shelter sounded great to me - Florence was certainly matching Mick for both vocals and moves. Lady Jane was most welcome, considering it and Satisfaction were dropped Sunday night. Eric certainly proved his mettle on Champagne and Reefer - first time I've seen him playing with them. One More Shot worked better live than the studio version, while Doom and Gloom (which I think is a much better song), was less impressive, I'm afraid. Seeing Bill again was cool...but didn't really add too much from my perspective. He just stands there...but that's what he always did, I shouldn't have expected anything different, I guess. Keith's numbers were pretty good, but pretty much par for the course. MR was certainly the highlight for me - Mick Taylor, who I have never even before, was a revelation, what a superb player. Nice to see him join in the final bow with the rest of the band - funny Bill wasn't in that line-up? The warhorses to end with were predictable, but hey, I'm sure there were a few first-timers in the audience. I heard of someone from Israel that saw their first Stones gig on Sunday...and didn't get to hear them play Satisfaction!
Some people have mentioned they miss Blondie...but I certainly don't. Nothing against the guy, but three guitars is just too much. OK for one song, if Mick Taylor is playing, but not all the way through.
Overall impression for me is that Mick Jagger is still the frontman par excellence, he pretty much carried most of the gig as far as I was concerned. Charlie was as good as ever, of course!

Finally, well done CamdenRamber, I also scored a last minute ticket from Seatwave, but you got a much better deal. Karma paying you back for your good deed on Sunday, no doubt.

Lee

Date: November 30, 2012 13:05

Thanks Lee, well pleased you got sorted out by seatwave too feller!! it's prove it pays to be nice to one another!! Long My the Stones keep on rolling!!

Posted by: TeleTwin ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:07

Only for the Guitarfreaks, Mick Taylor plays over the Fender Twin i think and not the grey Vibro King (this one with the Pedals for it)
The Vibro King with the Pedals is for Mick Jagger, it is the same as in Paris small club and there was no Mick Taylor on start.
You can see on litte you tube film, when they start midnight rambler on the 29. nov the guitar tech starts the standby knob on the right twin.
the two fenders on the left they are for Eric Clapton, i think his own signature new ones.
Have anybody see the pedals from near? I think is MXR Phase 100, Blues driver Boss,
Digital delay Boss and mayby Chorus but im not shure, anybody an idea.

Posted by: olorin ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:09

Just watched the Gimme Shelter video, it seems like Florance Welsh put a lot of energy into the song. Too often, the female guest including Lisa play the sexy game With Mick. From what I have seen, Florence was a bit more energetic, I like that !

Sorry for my english ; I'm a french little boy (but I like it)

Date: November 30, 2012 13:12

olorin
Just watched the Gimme Shelter video, it seems like Florance Welsh put a lot of energy into the song. Too often, the female guest including Lisa play the sexy game With Mick. From what I have seen, Florence was a bit more energetic, I like that !

I just watched Gimme Shelter as well.

Anyone (like me) who had doubts about Keith will have had them blown away because Keith is superb.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:14

Great story on the pit ticket, it seemed the last two on Seatwave had gone at £399, I guess not !

Terrific to see Mick Taylor in the bow, he wasn't there on Sunday, maybe he got that in exchange for not chasing Mick around the stage this time ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: November 30, 2012 13:20

Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

Posted by: paulm ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:25

Thanks for all vid links. Good energy show. Waiting for MT vid eye rolling smiley

Posted by: thabo ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:25

benstones
LADY JANE HERE IT IS

Wow, Finally one of the greatest Gems of the Stones Platinum Era (the Brian Jones era) without Brian in the flesh but certainly in the spirit. Beautifull, beautifull, beautifull.

Posted by: dubclub ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:29

GravityBoy
Pie1
Gimme Shelter

Seriously... just frackin brilliant!!!!!

Where did this Keith hide for 10 years?

Great performance by everyone including Florence.

It´s like Florence and Mick having sex on stage .......and i have an orgasm. Toosmoking smiley

Posted by: fougace ()
Date: November 30, 2012 13:45

I think i saw you yesterday with your caméra :-)!
Do you have other movies? You should had film me and my friend last night!
We were both wearing a black t shirt with rolling stones wroten on yellow...
If you have them Could you send it to me?
Or going me thé links? I ll appreciate it!
Thanks regards

F.Grognuz

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:11

Well, who'da thunk? Florence rules. Best guest Gimme Shelter in my opinion. Oh to have been her for that night. She really squared up to Mick & challenged him on his own stage. Still didn't stop him. What a man & what a woman.
Good job.Thanks so much for capturing that.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:11

Some pictures from last night, taken from the aisle in block 112 ....

Cheers

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 30, 2012 14:20

paulywaul
Some pictures from last night, taken from the aisle in block 112 ....

Cheers

Wonderful pix Paul. I so wish I had brought my proper camera as I did in 2007. What camera did you use?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3132333435363738394041...LastNext
Current Page: 36 of 44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1774
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home