Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Record number of IORR visits this month
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 27, 2012 23:59

The IORR vistors numbers peaked on Sunday and Monday, with half a million visits so far this month, doing 3 million page views i.e. pages read. The visitors spent an average of 10 minutes on the site. Visitors have been registered from as many as 190 countries. So far this year there have been 4.2 million visits from 1.5 million people on IORR. See the key numbers in the web statistics listed below.

Bjornulf

Re: Record number of IORR visits this month
Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:03

I was chatting to someone at the pilot saying I thought stones were more popular outside UK. Maybe I was wrong?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:19

The numbers are telling the story. Due to language barriers I know that there are lots more fans in South America and Japan, than listed here, because they do not use English so much as USA, England, Canada and Central Europe. If there was Spanish and Japanese language IORR pages, there would be lots more visitors...

Bjornulf

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:22

WHOOO HOOO - U.S.A, U.S.A.! represent.

(i don't really speak as though i'm from the hood, but it's fun to pretend -see eminem).

Posted by: bam ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:23

Thanks, bv. Your hard work is much appreciated here in the States -- and elsewhere!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:24

OK, who will fess up to being the fan from Equatorial Guinea?

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:26

71Tele
OK, who will fess up to being the fan from Equatorial Guinea?

Not me - mine was the visit from Turks & Caicos. I was catching up whilst at Keith's house in Parrot Cay.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 28, 2012 00:34

Well with 16.000.000 mill. residents The Netherlands are doing OK, 6.2 %...which makes us Stones country number ONE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-28 02:40 by NICOS.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 28, 2012 02:35

Wow, those are some impressive numbers. Great job bv.

Date: November 28, 2012 02:39

How many times do I have to tell you "Stones Rule You Bastards"!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:01

Glad to see the site is doing well, hopefully it's not putting too much stress on the servers. I must say I'm a big fan of the interface, very efficient and light, it's a pleasure to use unlike most of the current overladed forum software like vbulletin. No ads too, not that I particularly mind Google Ads but that's a "bonus" for the visitors.

The only "nit" is the lack of email notifications so you can sometimes miss a topic that's been updated, even if you look at your tracked topics regularly. The features seems to be there so have you turned it off at the server level due to high volumes?

Rock on !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 28, 2012 03:12

Nicos
Well with 16.000.000 mill. residents The Netherlands are doing OK, 6.2 %...which makes us Stones country number ONE

Are there really 16 trillion (16 x 1012) citizens in The Netherlands, Nicos? That makes The Netherlands the most inhabited country in the world. By a large margin. Wow!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:04

Stoneage
Are there really 16 trillion (16 x 1012) citizens in The Netherlands, Nicos? That makes The Netherlands the most inhabited country in the world. By a large margin. Wow!

I suppose some of them will go to Colorado now.

Posted by: Quique-stone ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:37

bv
The numbers are telling the story. Due to language barriers I know that there are lots more fans in South America and Japan, than listed here, because they do not use English so much as USA, England, Canada and Central Europe. If there was Spanish and Japanese language IORR pages, there would be lots more visitors...

No doubt about South America!
Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina!

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 28, 2012 04:46

bv

Por supuesto! IORR en español!!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Date: November 28, 2012 05:04

dandelion1967
Por supuesto! IORR en español!!!

It seems like a no-brainer that someone would have by now written an app to interface with, say, message boards that translates to and from the participant's native language. I know that Google, et al. have a long way to go with their algorithms, but hey. It would be interesting.

Anyone know of such a beast?

Date: November 28, 2012 13:11

ONE visitor from the Vatican.

Hello mate!....Benedict ...I knew you liked Rolling Stones!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 28, 2012 13:19

interesting
guess what ? my youtube page is much visited too with more than 31.000 views of my MR video in less 2 days...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: November 28, 2012 16:19

iorr is the most useful and comprehensive website about the Stones.
Thanks for having created it.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 02:17

awesome.

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: November 29, 2012 02:29

bv

Yeah, and same goes for European countries like Germany and France. Many don't go on international sites because of the language.

Date: November 29, 2012 02:31

It would be interesting to see a graphical representation of some of the more prolific contributors' posts plotted against time. For instance, MightyStonesStillRolling50, colonel, and whatever the latest incarnation is. (Speaking of which, I haven't seen much activity over on that front lately. Maybe his/her visibility has been masked by the increased traffic lately).

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 29, 2012 02:40

Sipuncula
It would be interesting to see a graphical representation of some of the more prolific contributors' posts plotted against time. For instance, MightyStonesStillRolling50, colonel, and whatever the latest incarnation is. (Speaking of which, I haven't seen much activity over on that front lately. Maybe his/her visibility has been masked by the increased traffic lately).

Yes, MSSR50, formerly the watchman and stonescrow, recently became DoomNGloom, before being banned after just 3 weeks for starting a dozen or so useless threads on page 1. His latest incarnation is believed to be JumpinJackO'Lantern. He has a thread called "Is This Really Happening" from about a week ago whose posting style has MSSR50 written all over it. He's been quiet for a few days though....

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 03:49

amazing, BV.

Date: November 29, 2012 04:11

I'm guessing that includes people who do not have their name on the board while they are on the board, which may not be that many for all I know.

No matter. FRIGGIN' cool!

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 29, 2012 10:33

And the "record number of posters online" happened while a significant number of us weren't here because we were inside the O2.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 29, 2012 10:41

There will be a record number of posters on line tonight I am sure. Have a good night everyone,whether at the show or watching the news coming in on IORR. smileys with beer

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 29, 2012 12:34

crawdaddy
There will be a record number of posters on line tonight I am sure. Have a good night everyone,whether at the show or watching the news coming in on IORR. smileys with beer

I think IORR will easily get 350-400 posters on line tonight

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 29, 2012 13:31

congratulations to Holland, really....
a quite small countries with almost 30.000 visits. 4th place.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 29, 2012 19:25

bv

Thank you for these statistics bv and hey, that's really great! I wonder how it comes and advertisers haven't reached you yet?? Or have they??
Well, I'm asking for a minor favor if possible. What are the numbers for Greece? Just curious! Whenever possible, no hurry at all!! Thanks!

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1527
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home