Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Four Flicks - encoded to prevent transfer to Mp3 ?
Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: January 5, 2005 08:06

Hello everyone. I have one of my DVD's hooked into my PC and have been attempting to transfer the Theatre show songs to Mp3. Everything goes well until the middle of Stray Cat Blues then the sound goes dead. The disc is still playing but you can only hear some clicks now and then.

Has anyone else encountered this problem ? It seems that it was done on purpose so songs like Nearness of You, Love Train, BTMMR and Thats How Strong My Love is cannot be accessed. I guess from the bands point of view it makes sense, but it really sucks. I have not tried the other DVD's YET. If I am able to transfer the MSG DVD (the entire world recorded it from HBO ANYWAY) then I think they put a digital block on the DVD. The only question I have is how would the disc now what source it is going to ? I am playing it on a seperate DVD player RCA jacked into the PC.

Any insight would be helpful. I would like to get the unedited versions of some of the songs that appear on Live Licks.

Milo, MYC
Shine a light on me

Re: Four Flicks - encoded to prevent transfer to Mp3 ?
Date: January 5, 2005 10:53

I have recorded and transfered all the shows with WireTap to .aiff (a better format I must say). I had no problems at all...

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: January 5, 2005 15:13

I had some trouble ripping the audio to wav files using ImToo audio ripper. I kept getting these skips. BUT, after using a program called ICopyDVDs 2 to rip a copy of just the concert portions to DVD, I was able to rip the audio beautifully from the copys. It is still purely digital, just an extra step.

Ross

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 5, 2005 15:17

I do it the old fashioned way with a patch cord from my computor to a mini-disc recorder OR I hook up the DVD as a component in my audio system and record the sound to mini-disc that way. Then I burn audio discs from that.

This gives me the added advantage of editing excess time between track and ultimately creating a more "exciting listen." There can be as much as a minute of crowd noise, tuning, etc. between songs.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 5, 2005 15:30

You can also use Audio Cleanic to record it onto your PC, and then edit out the parts you don't want.
Then you put your track marks, and burn it on a CD in WAV quality.

I also have an MD walkman, but CDs are IMO more convenient, and can be transfered afterwards on a MD.

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: R ()
Date: January 6, 2005 02:31

"but CDs are IMO more convenient, and can be transfered afterwards on a MD.
'

I transfer from MD to CD.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: January 6, 2005 09:15

Thanks Everyone.

Milo, NYC
Lets drink to the hardworking people

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: April 14, 2011 19:28

I would love to have these ripped on CD - especially the covers and duets, if only to put them on my iPod!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: April 14, 2011 19:39

What's up ith IORR going all zombie lately?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 14, 2011 21:22

Milo Yammbag
Everything goes well until the middle of Stray Cat Blues then the sound goes dead. The disc is still playing but you can only hear some clicks now and then.

"I hear the click clack of your feet on the stairs..."

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: April 14, 2011 21:48

It doesn't surprise me. the "Machine" only allows fans to PAY MONEY and Get Ripped off.

Case in point, I questioned the price of the vinyl Vintage Vinos Album being 6$ higher with a $10 shipping (Total $49.00) on KR website VS. the cheaper amazon.com $25.00) and I was removed from commenting on his facebook page any longer..

The Machine. rejects anybody that does not SUCK UP appropriately

Date: April 14, 2011 21:49

Don't think I care for these guys anymore. they are pigs

Date: April 16, 2011 05:09

@#$%& KEITH'S MANAGEMENT GREED MACHINE BUMP UP. F U !!!

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: April 16, 2011 06:11

tumbled
Case in point, I questioned the price of the vinyl Vintage Vinos Album being 6$ higher with a $10 shipping (Total $49.00) on KR website VS. the cheaper amazon.com $25.00) and I was removed from commenting on his facebook page any longer..

But think of it this way: there is a small chance you will get an autographed copy (kind of like paying for a lotto ticket). Had I known Amazon was cheaper, I might have gone there, but, what's an extra few bucks when you get to receive your package directly from Toronto, site of Keith's famous bust in '77. Maybe there's a chance you might get a little something extra in the corrugated cardboard, 'ya know what I'm saying?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: April 16, 2011 06:33

I use audio hijack pro. It will record any sound made on your computer. I have also used to record a ton of shows off of wolfgang. Very good program! Also will record audio streaming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home