Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Thank You to The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:51

At the O2 show on Sunday Mick said Thank You to the fans. This touched me deeply. When I started the It's Only Rock'n Roll Fan Club 32 years ago the Rolling Stones had been a major part of my life for a decade. Little did I know that IORR would unite millions of Stones fans all over the world for decades.

Now I would like personally to thank The Rolling Stones back. Thanks for all the great memories, songs, shows and friends I have made all over the world. As long as you keep it running I will do the same.

I will invite fans of The Rolling Stones from all over the world to say thank you here. Please sign in everyone. Let us make this thread into the biggest Rock'n'Roll thank you our band deserve.

THANK YOU TO THE ROLLING STONES!

Bjørnulf
(IORR Editor)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 23:20 by bv.

Re: Thank You to The Rolling Stones!
Posted by: capsula ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:53

THANK YOU, would have loved to be there on sunday. Hope to see them in the future

Thank you Bjornulf for your time and effort

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:53

Thank You! It was one of the best shows I saw from the guys. Please give us more shows next year! The Greatest Rock and Roll band in the world!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:54

I'll second that.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU the Rolling Stones. Sunday's show was a delight, it was so good to have you back, you triumphed, and you put the BIGGEST smile imaginable on 20,000 peoples' faces.

Bless you all for everything you've given us and for still being here ...

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:56

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-15 12:42 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: Zagalo ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:57

Thanks for still being around - and still doing it better than anybody else!!

Cheers.

Posted by: thunderball ()

Thanks indeed. I felt Sundays gig was the most intimate I can ever remember them doing. They looked they were really enjoying themselves and they played really well. It was really touching seeing MT with Keith. Did anyone else see MT give Keith a peck on the cheek! I think they were genuinely pleased to see us. It's nice to know that they appreciate us as much as we appreciate them. smiling smiley

Posted by: Promoman ()

A very big THANK YOU to all of the Stones and everybody that made the event on Sunday possible. Great show. It was amongst the happiest moments of my life.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 27, 2012 16:59

The show at 02 of the stones was brilliant thank you to the GREATEST ROCK-ROLL BAND
no one can touch them,here is to the next 50 years. STONES ARE WAY OF LIFE been a fan since 1968.(JUMPING JACK FLASH) Its only rock-roll but we like it.

Posted by: NickB ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:04

I just want to say thank you for a superb evening of Rock'N'Roll. I'm so glad I went...I would have been kicking myself for missing it.

One love. It's good to be anywhere but it was particularly good to be there on Sunday.

NickB

You can't always get what you want.....

www.myspace.com/thesonkings

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()

It was a special occasion. Thanks. It was good to be there. Better than anywhere.

Posted by: micawber ()

A BIG Thank You! It's in the Top 5 of my Stones-memories, together with Cirkus Krone 2003, Memphis No Security, MSG January 1998 2x.

An unbelievable improvement on every level to the Bigger Bang Tour.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:09

THANK YOU TO THE ROLLING STONES!

25/10/2012 - 25/11/2012 : A month of wonders! Thank you for the Trabendo, for the "mini Trabendo", for the O2 !

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:10

I would like to sign that to.

But let me go deeper into that. I know Björnulf since 1982 when exchanging letters and printed IORRs were simply the best you could get. Björnulf bought some photos from my extensive 1000 color slides from Germany, London and Basel.

Though we had never the chance to meet in person I would also like to thank you Björnulf for his great work and engagement to all the fans around the world including is homepage and keeping us update whenever there are signs.

Thank you Rolling Stones for showing the world that age is only a number, but can still beat the rest after 50 years.
Thank you Björnulf.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:11

Thank you!!

Posted by: stourbridgestone ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:15

Thank you,
the standard was exceptional, ine of the best gigs I can remember.
For that reason alone you must do more shows next year, maybe in bigger places in the summer so that the tickets can be a little more reasonable.

the doubters have well and truly been proved wrong.

special mention to the many 'friends'made on Sunday. The Argentinians, czechs, vikings and aussies.... such special times.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:17

Grison
Thank you Rolling Stones
Thank you Björnulf

thumbs up

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:18

Thank you!!!!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:19

Without a shadow of a doubt The Rolling Stones are still the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world. I've seen the band 32 times now and this is one of the best shows I have seen them give.

Thank you to the Stones and thank you to BV for connecting us all.

IORR - not just a fan site - it's a way of life!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 19:03 by Silver Dagger.

Date: November 27, 2012 17:20

Mick once said "Charlie's good tonight" - well, on Sunday at the O2, all these years later, you were all exceptionally good!
Thank you kindly for an extraordinary evening of Rock 'n' Roll!

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:21

Thank you for a wonderful gig. Almost 2 days later and I am still floating around on a cloud.

The Stones have provided the soundtrack to my life and my love for them and their music continues to grow.

Also, a personal note of thanks to a few people on this board who made the build up to the 1st gig so memorable and help the anticipation grow. It added to the experience.

I wish that I was going again on Thursday and then attending the 3 American gigs.

Here's to a tour next year.

Scooby xx

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:28

THANK YOU BILL, CHARLIE, KEITH, MICK (2*), RONNIE (in alphabetical order) !

That was one of best RS shows I have seen yet (and a saw quite a lot)

Please reuse the fantastic stage setup next year as often as possible! Continental Europe is waiting for you!

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:29

thanks for the first moment you touched my heart, back in 1973.
Hope to catch some shows in 2013

Ziggodome Amsterdam please

jeroen

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:33

Thank you so much!!! I'm still sky high after the concert. It was the freshest, bravest and sharpest version of The Stones I've ever seen. What a performance! Thank you very much - and please keep it going!

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:35

Thank you to all present and past Rolling Stones - Sunday was a night to remember.

Posted by: Infamy ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:38

Thank you so much!!!

Ray
15 and counting. No stopping. Stockholm next.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:40

Thanks. I'm part of this thing from 1977.

Please come to Budapest, Hungary again!

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:41

Thank you for 50 fabulous years. I loved you from the moment I heard you & seeing you clinched it for me. From Chester, the Cavern , Knebworth, to Shepherd's Bush via New York, Oslo, Hawaii etc etc, it's all been amazing and always always exciting.
So sorry we had to part company as far as live shows are concerned over too high ticket prices for me but I've still got the music and so many wonderful memories.

Bjornulf deserves special thanks for the sheer quality of his reports, research and organisation. I find his devotion to the Stones very moving and very understandable.

Posted by: arc-angel ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:42

THANK YOU, it was a great and stunning show with a perfect light show and a cool stage. Don't stop now, you showed you can do few more shows in 2013, we all wait for a tour next year (with some shows in Germany) !

Andreas

Posted by: riffhard72 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 17:42

Yep. Amazing band. I'm struggling to think of any other band that could make me go see them 8 times over a 17 year period. Every time I've seen them, I've come away HAPPY.

They've given me so much over the years and had so many good times where their music has been involved.

And I'd do it all over again!

As they say - you got the sun, the moon and the Rolling Stones!

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1887
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home