Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6
Re: The O2 show, The full show in videos
Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:33

Feel like if it was the first time ever than everyone here could grab
everyone's contribution to make his own bootleg >grinning smiley<
Thanks to every poster indeed thumbs up

HMN

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 02:33 by Honestman.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:42

I started out watching the video of Rambler - and when all three guitar players started together was like "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!". Then proceeded to go back and watch that scene 3-4 more times.

Finally I was ready to move on to the rest of the video and it quickly turned to that creepy, uncomfortable feeling.

I've never seen Keith act so dismissive to someone onstage with him. Constantly playing to Charlie. I've seen him do that plenty of times, but not with a guest, and not when the guest is trying to get in with him. Keith could barely stand to look at him, which put Ronnie in a weird place. Towards the end, Ronnie just went with it, but at first he seemed to feel he had to side with Keith. I totally agree with others who think that Mick J. did not like Mick T following him. I felt bad for Mick T though, he seemed like he had no place to go, no one would let him hang with them!

Sure they had a nice little moment in the middle and end, but it felt like it was done for show. Keith probably likes the guy, but not while they're sharing a stage anymore.

As a matter of fact, i feel strongly that if Mick T is not already contracted for future appearances, Keith might vote against having him play future gigs.

Kinda of a bummer because I've been reading awesome things about this video all day and couldn't wait to come home and check it out. Now I feel sad. I was hoping to get to see Mick T in NY, but I don't know if that will happen now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 02:43 by CindyC.

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:44

From here in New Zealand, heartfelt thanks

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:46

midimannz
From here in New Zealand, heartfelt thanks
Cheers Matesmileys with beer

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:48

Good job. Thanks, Max.

Date: November 27, 2012 02:51

schillid
Good job. Thanks, Max.
My pleasure schillid, sometimes things write themselves, this was one of them.....

Juts watching the videos myself I amazed at the quality of some of the zooming in these little cameras can now do... and they handle the sound really well.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 27, 2012 02:54

CindyC
I've never seen Keith act so dismissive to someone onstage with him. Constantly playing to Charlie. I've seen him do that plenty of times, but not with a guest, and not when the guest is trying to get in with him. Keith could barely stand to look at him, which put Ronnie in a weird place. Towards the end, Ronnie just went with it, but at first he seemed to feel he had to side with Keith. I totally agree with others who think that Mick J. did not like Mick T following him. I felt bad for Mick T though, he seemed like he had no place to go, no one would let him hang with them!

I've seen worse. Mainly when Bono crashed the party during "IORR" at the Aragon Ballroom in 2002.

Keith can get moody when someone else comes up there and outshines him--we've all seen that. I didn't see any serious ill intent though with Taylor as you describe it. They do share what seems like a genuine moment in the middle there. Ronnie is the most supportive of Taylor and says a few things to him and keeps the eye contact going. Taylor and Charlie share a few laughs here and there and Mick also keeps Taylor in his line of view by giving him a couple cues and signs for changes (one during his harmonica solo). The song requires a lot of concentration since there are couple huge sharp turns so I'm not surprised there isn't more having fun on stage between the band members.

If anything Keith might be a little peeved (if not dissappointed) that song "Midnight Rambler" was being so poorly played. It gets off the tracks a bit and they sort of lose the grip on it. Considering, it's the one song they actually still knock out of the park nearly every time--I'd be a little distracted too.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:02

Justin - i hope you're right. Seeing what I thought I was seeing was a real bummer. I'm still cringing about it. I felt so uncomfortable watching it, like not knowing a soul at a party.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 16:22 by CindyC.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:05

I think the only that haven't showed up yet is Out Of Control. Wondering if we'll see that one ...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 27, 2012 03:07

What struck me was Mick T running around the stage doing moves. I hadn't expected that. I can't remember him acting like that when he was in the band.
It's as if he consciously did that to break a pattern.

Date: November 27, 2012 03:12

kowalski
I think the only that haven't showed up yet is Out Of Control. Wondering if we'll see that one ...
OOC and Keith's before they make me run... then it is just a matter of replacing to get the best quality, as come up.

Date: November 27, 2012 03:16

Max'sKansasCity
kowalski
OOC and Keith's before they make me run... then it is just a matter of replacing to get the best quality, as come up.

There's a 2:30min version of BTMMR in my first post.

------------

Show introduction :

Better version of Going Down :

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 03:19 by kowalski.

Date: November 27, 2012 03:25

kowalski
Max'sKansasCity
kowalski

There's a 2:30min version of BTMMR in my first post.

Like the man said... all we're missing is OOC... right on kowalski thumbs up

Date: November 27, 2012 04:15

One More Shot - full

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:20

Max you are amazing, great thread. Now if you could only do something about the AUDIO quality...I get the feeling these clips are not doing justice to what folks actually experienced. peace

Date: November 27, 2012 04:23

Naturalust
Max you are amazing, great thread. Now if you could only do something about the AUDIO quality...I get the feeling these clips are not doing justice to what folks actually experienced. peace
Thanks NL, I always appreciate your appreciation. Right on Brother smileys with beer

I'll work on that sound for you... at least Ill think about it.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 27, 2012 04:25

Naturalust

Yeah Max, what NL said, let's get cracking on that audio, some surround sound maybe, oh, and also, a little 3D on the video clips. Let's go, chop-chop!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 27, 2012 04:30

stonesnow
Naturalust

Yeah Max, what NL said, let's get cracking on that audio, some surround sound maybe, oh, and also, a little 3D on the video clips. Let's go, chop-chop!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
2 eggs over easy, 4 bacon, 2 sausage, 1/2 order biscuits and gravy, 2 milks, 1 OJ.... coming up... chop chop.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 04:51 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: November 27, 2012 04:54

That video of "One More Shot" is great. An ok song gets a little boost there.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:04

Max'sKansasCity
stonesnow
Naturalust

2 eggs over easy, 4 bacon, 2 sausage, 1/2 order biscuits and gravy, 2 milks, 1 OJ.... coming up... chop chop.

I'll take 2 yogurts intead of the milks, but still, make it snappy, chop-chop--time waits for no one my good man.

Hey, have you heard Mick Taylor's 2001 acoustic treatment of TWFNO--from Dutch radio with Dutch artist Erwan Nijhoff?

Posted by: bass ()
Date: November 27, 2012 05:45

Max'sKansasCity
schillid
Good job. Thanks, Max.
My pleasure schillid, sometimes things write themselves, this was one of them.....

Juts watching the videos myself I amazed at the quality of some of the zooming in these little cameras can now do... and they handle the sound really well.

Max, echoing others, the thread is a tremendous idea, and the vids themselves, with all of the various angles and soundscapes is an endless fascination. Thanks thumbs up

Date: November 27, 2012 05:47

Well I'll be.....

Charlie actually does the proper drum intro to "Get off My Cloud." When's the last time he's done that?? No help from Chuck...just goes straight into it. Coool.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:01

My thanks. I watched all the videos. who do I make the check out to?

Posted by: bass ()
Date: November 27, 2012 06:04

Justin
Well I'll be.....

Charlie actually does the proper drum intro to "Get off My Cloud." When's the last time he's done that?? No help from Chuck...just goes straight into it. Coool.

In all the vids, they appear very focused and quite attentive to detail. In that way, this show feels like the "Live in Texas '78" in terms of the intense concentration and obvious joy.

Date: November 27, 2012 06:14

You're right bass...a lot of what I'm seeing reminds me of the attention to detail that they displayed during the Licks tour when they brought out a bunch of songs for the different venues. It's obvious that they seemed to have done just as much work in these rehearsals than what they did then. They want to celebrate these songs and in doing so...they're doing everything exactly to the last detail.

Here's a funny moment:

Charlie almost misses the end of "Wild Horses." He barely catches the last chord and takes the song out, but take a look at the look he gives Darryl as if saying "Yikes! almost missed that" Darryl smiles back like "You were lucky there." Charlie has a chuckle.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 06:15 by Justin.

Date: November 27, 2012 06:27

bass

Max, echoing others, the thread is a tremendous idea, and the vids themselves, with all of the various angles and soundscapes is an endless fascination. Thanks thumbs up
Your very welcome... it is my pleasure, really... watching the videos is a blast. It hurt (too much to tell) to not be there on opening night, but this "methadone treatment" helps, a lil.

J.J.Flash
My thanks. I watched all the videos. who do I make the check out to?
winking smiley
All checks to bv to support his site and get his cool magazine [www.iorr.org]

Date: November 27, 2012 08:41

CindyC
Justin - i hope you're right. Seeing what I thought I was seeing was a real bummer. I'm still cringing about it. I felt so uncomfortable watching it, like not knowing a sole at a party.

This is another angle that shows a better vibe between the members. We were limited in the angles in the other video. Here, you could see everything from full on front. You could see Keith smile as he sees Mick slink over to Mick. You couldn't tell in the other video that Jagger and Taylor were leaning against each other for a moment. It definitely doesn't appear that the band was cold to Taylor at all.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:00

Out Of Control

Posted by: Uncle Thud ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:02

Thank you very much.
Your time and efforts are appreciated.
Wonderful stuff.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:10

Out of Control is a blast.

Don't know if it's been mentioned, but for a tech-savvy person it would be pretty easy to sync all these videos to a bootleg. Provided we get a decent bootleg of the show. Video could have different angles and all.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 2 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home