Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 26, 2012 13:53

Promoman
video: [youtu.be]

Can't Always Get What You Want

I had a great time with Steve and Patsy. More Videos will follow

Such a great version of YCAGWYW! MJ is imperial on this one. Guitar solo's very good too!

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 26, 2012 13:53

drbryant
From the Clash Music review:

"The return of ex-guitarist Mick Taylor - whose exit from the band in 1974 paved the way for Wood - proved the highlight of the whole gig. Always their best guitarist, and the player who contributed to the Stones' peak era of 1969 to 1972, his effortless weaving of 'Midnight Rambler' alongside Ronnie and Keith injected the song with an authentic bite of its original, and every bit as good as the scathing 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out' live 1969 version."

Damn. Someone, anyone, please post a video

smiling smiley i think most people were stunned and stopped filming.
He was great, playful almost, took center stage, which seeing the old clips he never seemed to do. I'm not a huge guitar solo fan, so it did go on a bit eye rolling smiley, but that's just a personal thing anyway. As he walked off stage he just shrugged his shoulders at Lisa, which was funny, a bit like, "well, hope that went OK!".

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 26, 2012 13:55

kowalski
Promoman

Such a great version of YCAGWYW! MJ is imperial on this one. Guitar solo's very good too!

Dare I say: One of the best versions ever. I had the same feeling on other songs, like Wild Horses for instance. Was it really as good as I think it was or is my judgement cluttered by my overwelming happiness.

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 26, 2012 13:57

Good news : Ronnie has always need a guitar lesson. smiling smiley

Date: November 26, 2012 14:02

Promoman
kowalski
Promoman

Dare I say: One of the best versions ever. I had the same feeling on other songs, like Wild Horses for instance. Was it really as good as I think it was or is my judgement cluttered by my overwelming happiness.

Totally agree with you Promoman and well put......my judgement may be cluttered with overwhelming happiness regarding the entire show, but I don't think so - it really was that good!

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:04

Promoman
kowalski
Promoman

One of the best version they've ever done fo sure. Very close to the original. Looks like Paris rehearsals have paid off!

BTW thanks for sharing the video!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 14:05 by kowalski.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:13

Not sure if anyone has already posted this, apologies if they have...but some pro shot footage from last night's show here:

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:18

You Can't Always Get What you Want is fantastic. My favorite version, though, is this rare one from June 1969; it seems appropriate to post because it's Mick T's first public appearance with the Stones, and it's clear he doesn't know the songs yet - his miming is terrible; but Keith and Bill seem to be having a wonderful time. Great stuff.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:20

drbryant
From the Clash Music review:

"The return of ex-guitarist Mick Taylor - whose exit from the band in 1974 paved the way for Wood - proved the highlight of the whole gig. Always their best guitarist, and the player who contributed to the Stones' peak era of 1969 to 1972, his effortless weaving of 'Midnight Rambler' alongside Ronnie and Keith injected the song with an authentic bite of its original, and every bit as good as the scathing 'Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out' live 1969 version."

Damn. Someone, anyone, please post a video

thumbs up

Posted by: barbabang ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:28

Seeing Keith play on SFTD.. wow! Goosebumbs. Day and night difference with 2007. Didn't expected this. Very good. Thank you Keith! thank you Rolling Stones!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:29

kowalski
Promoman

Amazingly good version......Mick has a great voice.................always hoped for a choir on stage

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:29

the band were rocking and keith really played well,bring on the tour for2013

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:36

Mathijs
It all looks fantastic, and sounds better than they have done in 15 years. Magic! Only gripe is Beff Jack -what on earth is he doing on that stage with the Stones? All that horrible screeching and screaming and out of tune whammy bar bullshit...

Mathijs

You're old fashioned. The Stones admire him -listen to Charlie's drums and the bass.. and the rest following him. Their body language says it all.

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:36

Awesome night. Best I've seen them. By far. Still can't believe it.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:37

Top line from that song: I wanna be your motherf@£$%^....

Got to add that the backdrops were all amazing, especially the shots of the band and the one accompanying Tumbling Dice.

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:38

VT22
Mathijs
It all looks fantastic, and sounds better than they have done in 15 years. Magic! Only gripe is Beff Jack -what on earth is he doing on that stage with the Stones? All that horrible screeching and screaming and out of tune whammy bar bullshit...

Mathijs

You're old fashioned. The Stones admire him -listen to Charlie's drums and the bass.. and the rest following him. Their body language says it all.

Not that sure... I too found that a Rolling Stones concert is not the suitable place to make a demo of the latest guitar pedal's effects.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:41

dandelion1967
DOOM AND GLOOM!!!

Charlie is playing it like on the radio edit! Great!

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:42

Seems to been a fantastic show.
Not surprised Mick, Charlie and Ronnie made a good job. But best of all was to see Keith in such a good shape.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:42

There is to say? Thank you very much Rolling Stones and guests for a wonderful evening.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:43

Watched all the videos. Completely floored. Who'd have guessed the band would sound this great? They had a lot to prove last night and they absolutely killed it. A really tight, edgy and vital performance, even Sympathy sounded amazing.

Really wish I could afford to see them on Thursday.

Posted by: SundanceKid ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:51

71Tele
For the love of God, will someone please post Midnight Rambler?

My sentiments exactly.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:54

Man, can't concentrate thinking about Thursday. I wonder if they'll change the opener (they usually do on multiple evenings at the same venue). Could it be "The Last Time"?

Didn't love the Paris rehearsal version (wish Charlie would shuffle a bit more), but like that Keith sings backup vocals, and it does have a classic riff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 14:55 by drbryant.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:55

Promoman

YCAGWYW sure is not one of top five. But man, I'm full of tears. What a version... the bastards made me cry with the choir intro!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 26, 2012 14:57

kowalski
Promoman
kowalski
Promoman

One of the best version they've ever done fo sure. Very close to the original. Looks like Paris rehearsals have paid off!

BTW thanks for sharing the video!

What a terrific version of my favorite song!
Mick seems to be in great vocal form
Breathtaking show!
I'm overwhelming just reading this threa...
Happy for everyone who were there and thank you for the videos, photos and reviews

Posted by: Maru2lo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:19

I need this concert guys! Please cristal cat, vgp, apocalypse, and many more..... Come on!

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:25

Maru2lo
I need this concert guys! Please cristal cat, vgp, apocalypse, and many more..... Come on!

don`t think we have to worry.
in fact, I´m surprised that 15 hours after the show no complete recording is already uploaded ;-)
they may need some sleep first.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:32

i wasn't there yesterday but i am very glad that everybody is talkning about excellent voice performance from Mick, because i remember that after he performed at the white house we were all worried. maybe he was only sick

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:38

Some Pics, because I think you can not have too many

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:39

My videos:

I wanna be your man:

JJF:

Before they make me run:

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 26, 2012 15:41

Did anyone film the video before the show with Johnny Depp, Angus Young, Iggy pop... Thanks.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1428
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home