Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:51

Erik_Snow
NICOS
Don't know when.........he probably performed "Like a Rolling Stone" ..........

You mean the Dylan photo, Nico? That's from TV show in 1963, where he performed Blowin In The Wind, Ballad of Hollis Brown....and one other one
when ehe ships come down ...cheers Erik

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 27, 2012 09:25

WHO ARE THE STONES ?

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: November 27, 2012 09:26

Date: November 27, 2012 09:27

Date: November 27, 2012 09:28

Date: November 27, 2012 09:28

Date: November 27, 2012 09:31

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:08

That was Paulywaul on the big screen I think.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:09

During Midnight Rambler, besides his natural talent, Mick Taylor shows here, as he has always done with the Stones, that he is also a applied guitarist, who plays and fills the sound space. Ronnie prefers too often raise his arms and say hello to the public ... Always funny.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 10:25 by roby.

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:17

I've not had any time to properly sort through the Sunday show photos, but here is a gem.

Ronnie and Keef chillin -

[www.flickr.com]

Cheers,
SonicD

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 10:38 by SonicDreamer.

Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:22

Justin
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Seeing the Midnight Rambler whole video and watching MT, did Ronnie even play on that song!?

Ronnie rightfully stepped back as far as he possibly could from Taylor and Keith. In fact, him being there just on rhythm crowded up the sound way too much. The song was made for just two guitars...Taylor just needs to relearn his parts and get to know the song again and we'd have something simply amazing. Hopefully he gets 4 more tries to perfect it.

Definately. Ronnie saw and heard that there was no room as Taylor was all over the place. Ronnie showed proof of great musicianship there. Imagine what a mess it would have been if Ronnie played what he would normally do.

[www.reverbnation.com]

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:24

audun-eg
Justin
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Seeing the Midnight Rambler whole video and watching MT, did Ronnie even play on that song!?

Ronnie showed proof of great musicianship there. Imagine what a mess it would have been if Ronnie played what he would normally do.

Playing what ? smiling smiley

Date: November 27, 2012 10:46

Just woke up after coming back from London late last night. WOW, what a gig!!!

This gig may be seen as the rise of Keith Richards, I'm really impressed, and I wouldn't dare to even hope for what he delivered on this show.

Ronnie is the most sympathetic guitar player around, and he showed it during Rambler in particular.

Is Mick on anabole steroids or something? It's amazing what he does on stage, concerning his age.

We got the best ever version of Before They Make Me Run(!). It sounded like Keith has been taking singing lessons smiling smiley

The chronology in the first half of the show was very clever. The string of songs from the 60s was pure genius. One of the best Paint It Blacks ever, same with It's All Over Now.

For us guitar nerds, it was a good decision playing the Les Paul Junior on most of the songs in standard tuning. It is easier to play than the ES Keith often plays. Ronnie on Les Paul for many songs was also very suitable for his style.

Jeff Beck is a good guitar player, but he shouldn't be let nowhere near the Stones, imo. It sounded weird, and seemed most concerned of playing as much as he could during his 4 minutes in the limelight.

Mary J. Blige didn't sound very good live, but when I see the video clips now, she didn't sound that bad.

Bill was bringing back the wobble, and brought an otherwise usually tired-sounding HTW to life again. It was amazing how they made some of the warhorses sound fresh again! SMU, YCAGWYW and SFTD were marvellous.

Taylor was running around and posing - hello, what has the world come to? He he, he did great, but he was playing a little too much for my taste - but it was good seeing him on stage with the Stones again.

The big surprise for me was Keith. Maybe I've been listening too much to the naysayers here, because the guy I watched play at the O2 Arena was giving it all, sharp and focused, right in your face! Not technically brilliant, but vibrant and full of energy. THE moment was when he shut down Beck's "wanking" with a blistering and effective blues lick.

The gig was amazing, and I think Gazza's review is a brilliant description of how it was, and how it felt. Simply beyond most expectations!

A great pre-party at the Pilot Inn! It was so good meeting fellow IORRians: RobberBride, Gazza, Rockman, Marc, Rock'n'roll (Gabriel, I owe you a beer!), GibsonMan, Sweet Virginia, Manofwealthandtaste, Jan Richards, Bjørnulf, The Worsts., Steve and everone else!

Top fans diggin' a top band - cheers! smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 10:50 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:48

One More Hot

Doon & Gloom

Happy

That's all folks. Thanks for watching

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 10:53 by Promoman.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:51

notice no bashing,no gazza?what a coincedence.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:04

Promoman
One More Hot

Doon & Gloom

Happy

Thanks again for the great quality videos. Wish you had more...

Posted by: MRambler ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:07

Promoman

Many Thanks! Much appreciated!!

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:15

On the middle slow sectrion of MR, I noticed they played the diminished/7th type bit which they haven't done on recent tours. (Does anyone know which bit I mean?) Great stuff. All in all I think they really concentrated on getting the songs right this time round instead of dialing it in. YCAGWYW and SMU are other obvious examples of this.

Date: November 27, 2012 11:30

kowalski

Thanks again for the great quality videos. Wish you had more...

You're Welcome. So do I. On Sunday however I chose to really take in some of the show, not getting distracted by my cam.

That is why I don't have Wild Horses or MR. Which were amongst the many highlights to me.

Posted by: goingmad ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:37

Rockwoman
Let's be honest what you rather hear , out of control or can't you hear me knocking. Surely at the prices they were charging, they had some sort of duty to play the songs that the audience would most want to hear.......and Out of Control is not one of them

oops...I want to hear out of control, it's a great live song, also are Love is strong, Saint of me...

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:52

Out of Control is pretty obscure and the only real surprise of the evening for me. I think many every album sort of fans would have appreciated it. I can see it being replaced by Saint of Me on Thursday.

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:55

Promoman
Thanks a lot for these excellent videos.

Date: November 27, 2012 12:02

Date: November 27, 2012 12:03

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:06

I am so happy to read all the reviews from dear fellow IORR-ians!
Thank you all for posting your experience, and those videos. I know it is a far cry
from the real thing, to watch these youtube movies, but what can a poor boy do?
But even those clips, surrogate as they are, get me rocking real fine.
I don't think I would've survived the real thing.

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:08

rooster
Erik_Snow
NICOS
Don't know when.........he probably performed "Like a Rolling Stone" ..........

You mean the Dylan photo, Nico? That's from TV show in 1963, where he performed Blowin In The Wind, Ballad of Hollis Brown....and one other one
when ehe ships come down ...cheers Erik

Hi Rooster...how are you doing ?
The 3rd song Dylan performed was Man of Constant Sorrow, not When the ship Comes In....
Ship comes in was performed at a different 1963 TV broadcast, though - you must be thinking of that one

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-27 18:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:20

The Sun reports that the Stones are going to be fined something like £200,000 for running late.

THE Stones face a whopping £200,000 fine because their historic 50th anniversary gig at London’s O2 was 35 minutes too long.

They were meant to finish at 10.30pm on Sunday — but defied local council rules by continuing to play encores for their cheering fans until 11.05.

The band’s agent Bernard Doherty revealed yesterday: “It means a big fine — but the guys just do their thing.

“There wasn’t a janitor standing there, jangling his keys, saying. ‘I want to go home’.”

The huge fine is unlikely to trouble Mick Jagger and his chums.

They were set to net £15.6million even before a fifth concert was added to the four already announced.

Fellow legends Bruce Springsteen and Sir Paul McCartney paid a different penalty in July when their Hard Rock Calling concert in London’s Hyde Park over-ran. Their mics were cut off.

Read more: [www.thesun.co.uk]

[www.thesun.co.uk]

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: November 27, 2012 12:42

UK has become a weird country... who would have thought that London would be the place where you can't smoke in the venue, can't climb on your seat, and concert must be over by 10PM... ah yeah "elf n safety".

Date: November 27, 2012 12:44

Duane in Houston
Am I the only one who realizes that the Tongue Pit looks like a giant toilet with a bunch of little turds bobbing up and down in it !?!?

No, you're not the only one

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 27, 2012 13:26

These curfews and other Health and Safety nonsense are ruining rock and roll...the best gigs were the ones where everybody stood where they liked, smoked what they liked and jumped off balconies if they felt the need to do so. What kind of gig is it where you are asked to stay in your seats - the whole interaction between the bands and the audience is killed stone dead. They did the same at Football matches - ruined the atmosphere. Unbelievable they now fine the artists from playing past10.30. I might understand it if it was a venue near a residential area (but even then it's ridiculous) but the 02 is pretty much detached.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4344454647484950515253...LastNext
Current Page: 48 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1466
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home