Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: audun-eg ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:07

Due to the videos posted by fans who were there, I really hope this will be released so the very many of us who didn't get to see what must have been a fantastic show, can get this in decent quality both video and audio. If not official then at least a sounboard/proshot boot.
Watching all the videoclips posted here, I haven't been this excited about Stones live since the BB tour. Some of the songs seems to be pure magic!

[www.reverbnation.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 21:08 by audun-eg.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:08

Green Lady
Send It To me

Now that settles it - definitely something the matter with the sound on that number because in 113 that vocal couldn't be heard above the guitars.

That was the only number that sounded weird to me at the side. She was only partially audible and the vocals seemed mistimed to me at the time. Shows how subjective each performance is depending where you are.

Posted by: BustedButton ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:12

Thank you, everybody, for your contribution to this blog. Great reviews, great show. Still need MR with MT, but wow, I'm so happy for them. Keith sounds great.
Looking forward to Newark.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:20

Green Lady
Send It To me

Now that settles it - definitely something the matter with the sound on that number because in 113 that vocal couldn't be heard above the guitars.

Same with Block 417. I was really underwhelmed at the time but now think it was just the sound, not the performance.

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:22

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:22

Lady Jayne
Green Lady
Send It To me

That was the only number that sounded weird to me at the side. She was only partially audible and the vocals seemed mistimed to me at the time. Shows how subjective each performance is depending where you are.

That shouldn't happen. I've always felt that live concerts should basically be mixed to a very narrow/near mono mix, so that everyone in the arena can hear everything being played. But people don't always do that. It sounds from your description that MJB's voice was mixed away from you and you were hearing the echo (which accounts for the "mistiming").

Boy, she has got some great pipes - effortless.

Posted by: kater-v ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:25

Thank you, thank you, everybody who were there and share the songs and your impressions! I`m just glad to read that all! And I hope to be at some show myself, I believe there are shows to look forward!
Love Stones!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:29

Mathijs
It's amazing that Going Down saw the worst and best of the Stones: I'd rather listen to Chuck Leavell plinking away for 24 hours straight than to ever have to listen again to Jeff Beck screeching and squelching. But that Richards solo really was fantastic -his sound very fuzz like, biting and focussed, and the solo simple bursts of aggression. Great!

Mathijs

I have to agree. Jeff Beck was tuned up far to loud for my ears, then when Ronnie took over doing his very different solo I thought - finally than you for making things simple. Then Keith took over and I realized why I love the Stones so much. Himself. When Keith does it special noting is even near.

Bjornulf

Posted by: stonesmog ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:32

Sorry this is a bit late but I want to say a massive thank you to everyone who posted last night. I couldn't leave iorr last night from when the first pics of the arena started to appear, then the magic of seeing the setlist unfold and the excitement of the generous and happy fans sending info straight away. Brilliant. I was certainly feeling "doom & gloom" at not being able to be there until the reports started to appear and I've been euphoric all day.
Amazing.

Date: November 26, 2012 21:34

It's a great time to be a Stones fan

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:35

drbryant
Lady Jayne
Green Lady
Send It To me

That shouldn't happen. I've always felt that live concerts should basically be mixed to a very narrow/near mono mix, so that everyone in the arena can hear everything being played. But people don't always do that. It sounds from your description that MJB's voice was mixed away from you and you were hearing the echo (which accounts for the "mistiming").

Boy, she has got some great pipes - effortless.

Thanks for that - explanation makes sense and at least we can all enjoy a different perspective from the vids!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:39

bv
Mathijs
It's amazing that Going Down saw the worst and best of the Stones: I'd rather listen to Chuck Leavell plinking away for 24 hours straight than to ever have to listen again to Jeff Beck screeching and squelching. But that Richards solo really was fantastic -his sound very fuzz like, biting and focussed, and the solo simple bursts of aggression. Great!

Mathijs

I have to agree. Jeff Beck was tuned up far to loud for my ears, then when Ronnie took over doing his very different solo I thought - finally than you for making things simple. Then Keith took over and I realized why I love the Stones so much. Himself. When Keith does it special noting is even near.

Great performance especially at the end ...pity JBeck started too outrages at the beginning.... what did he try to prove...well maybe they can edit him down in the mix and all sounds fun...

Date: November 26, 2012 21:45

I like what happened at :40 in on that Gimme Shelter! Classic!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:46

Thanks to everyone for posting their experiences. Only some of us can make it to these shows but we can all enjoy it to some degree through the posts/pictures/reviews of those that attended the show.

It seemed like a great show and I hope they can keep up the energy for the remaining shows. My condolences to everyone that attended the concert that Streets Of Love was not played lol.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: November 26, 2012 21:49

Thanks everyone for all the reviews.

special thanks to Gazza though.
man, you painted a HD picture with words!thumbs up

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:01

Little bit... but sounds good!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:11

audun-eg
Due to the videos posted by fans who were there, I really hope this will be released so the very many of us who didn't get to see what must have been a fantastic show, can get this in decent quality both video and audio. If not official then at least a sounboard/proshot boot.
Watching all the videoclips posted here, I haven't been this excited about Stones live since the BB tour. Some of the songs seems to be pure magic!

I´m pretty sure they will release the PPV from NJ on DVD.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:14

Did this outfit of Jagger in the first 2-3 songs refer to those suits for the TV shooting in Thank Your Lucky stars back in 1963?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:17

All Down The Line - complete

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:17

Glad to see keith had two songs still, playing and singing well. I was starting to think he might not have a spot anymore, or he'd only do one song.

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:18

This band is fantastic. Keith missed some sounds, he had couple of mistakes but @#$%& it. It sounds good to me and it's honest. One more shot sounds pretty cool.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:19

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 22:22 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:20

Thank you toomuchforme

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:22

Ronnie n Mick J together weigh about what Mick T weighs...very cool to hear him with the boys again even without BILL

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:31

Rolling Hansie
Thank you toomuchforme

Wow Mick T is possesed!!

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:33

They sound so ON it's incredible. Jagger is insane. What a legendary concert.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:37

toomuchforme

You are now part of Stones' lore TM4M with the first video posting of MT and the boys in decades. My eyes are tearing up; hafta start it again after only :30.

Posted by: Starr ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:42

Thanks Promoman - we had a great time - fantastic concert - and it was really nice to meet you - We are glad you had a safe journey home...

"till the next time..."

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:42

neat stuff, thank you

Posted by: delacey99 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 22:43

jmping jack flash from 113

[youtu.be]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3839404142434445464748...LastNext
Current Page: 43 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1800
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home