Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:11

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:17

Date: November 26, 2012 06:24

Wow. That's the most engaging and dynamic version of "SFTD" in a very long time. And I've completely written off "Sympathy" for years. When Keith said a few weeks ago that the guitars had to totally step it up on these shows--this is what he means. He's playing so much more rhythm here..I can't recall him doing the huge B chord on "Please to meet you!" on every single chorus in a long time. And he's actually doing a little bit of the chord changes ala the '69 version. The guitar solo was refreshingly new. He stayed away (for the most part) from the 3 or 4 little note area that he usually sticks in and he went straight to the 12th fret for the e scale up there. Been a while since he's done that.

Charlie's got headphones for the drum loop. Looks like he's had enough risking missing the beat in the past so he's got an insurance backup this time. Smart. All in all...this song so far (along with "I Wanna Be your Man") displays a very excited and engaged band. Nice to see it again.

As Keith is making his way around the tip of the stage, he meets Mick, Bernard and Lisa on the other side, doing the "Woo woo!"..the moment they stand across from each other it looks as though they're cheering Keith on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 07:08 by Justin.

Posted by: cn854 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:24

Am I missing the boat here or what? But honestly what is Jeff Beck doing on stage with the Stones??? Wouldn't Harvey Mandel or Wayne Perkins be more appropriate for a 50th years anniversary show?

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:28

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:32

no doubt is was very good but once the novelty and excitment wears off so will the rave reviews

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 26, 2012 06:44

Justin
he went straight to the 12th fret for the e scale up there. Been a while since he's done that.

I'm not up on the boots, but I can't remember the last time he did that, Ronnie's usually playing that bit behing Keef's solo.

Date: November 26, 2012 07:01

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:04

cn854
Am I missing the boat here or what? But honestly what is Jeff Beck doing on stage with the Stones??? Wouldn't Harvey Mandel or Wayne Perkins be more appropriate for a 50th years anniversary show?

Jeff makes more sense than Mary J. Blige. Ronnie was in The Jeff Beck Group, and Jeff played guitar on Mick's "She's The Boss". He's a friend/co-worker of the band. I don't know if Mick has worked with Mary J. Blige in the past or not.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:21

NoCode0680
cn854

Jeff makes more sense than Mary J. Blige. Ronnie was in The Jeff Beck Group, and Jeff played guitar on Mick's "She's The Boss". He's a friend/co-worker of the band. I don't know if Mick has worked with Mary J. Blige in the past or not.

Beck, with respect has been auditioning for a gig with the Stones since Keith got busted.....As you can see and hear, the fore runner to Michael Schenker and Eddie Van Halen, would have impacted the sound, IMO great listening, blistering stuff, not eternal like our boys though

Posted by: ultimaterocker ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:26

Justin

that has to be one of Keith's best solos on Sympathy since 89. Very impressed at how he sounded in these videos.....FAR superior to 2005-2007....and frankly maybe his best playing since BTB tour

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:26

DISSAPOINTED BILLWYMAN DIDNT PLAY ON TUMBLIN DICE... NO WYMAN NO GROOVE...

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 26, 2012 07:57

Here Bill Wyman at Honky Tonk women, what happen with him?
[dirtyrock.eu]

Anyone has seen Mick Taylor part on video?

Carlitos
Tenerife

Posted by: sanQ ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:00

It seems like every video except for Mick Taylor on Midnight Rambler, probably the greatest moment of the evening, isn't even around! Does anyone have it? I am dying to hear this! Some people only recorded on their phones certain moments but left out such a pivotal moment of the show! Unreal!

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:03

Did anyone tape the opening video segment?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:13

BluzDude
Did anyone tape the opening video segment?

It hasnt surfaced yet, but a surprising number of videos have (considering it "just" ended)... I hope you made it.

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:38

Excellent solo from Chuck Leavell on Honky Tonk Women - nothing "plinky plonky" about it, just pure rhythm and blues!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:39

observations

- the band sounds awesome

- the lighting designers really outdid themselves

- everyone seems more concentrated on singing and playing than performing

- conservatism continues to reign

- mick is starting to look like karen freaking carpenter

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: November 26, 2012 08:54

Report on the concert in a few minutes on Danish tv2 "Go' Morgen Danmark".

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:24

Wow, even those youtube videos look and sound fantastic!! It must have been great, great, just great.

Now, remembering how not a long time ago we discussed those little guest appearences of Keith, how it was not that bad, that he played almost in tune and he played two or three notes okay...I think that even the most optimistic ones of us did not expect the band to sound that great. An it was the first night!

I am really excited and can not wait for the things that are to come.

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:36

Ha ha, those guys are incredible - Keith aswell. Trust a pro!

Date: November 26, 2012 09:53

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 26, 2012 09:53

For the love of God, will someone please post Midnight Rambler?

Posted by: roby ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:36

Very poor Keith intro on this one ! confused smiley eye popping smiley Everybody deaf ? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Justin

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 10:42 by roby.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:38

What a great video's! Thanks for posting you all. Love The 'I wanna be your man' opening. But please someone must have Taylor on Midnight Rambler..?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 26, 2012 10:46

It all looks fantastic, and sounds better than they have done in 15 years. Magic! Only gripe is Beff Jack -what on earth is he doing on that stage with the Stones? All that horrible screeching and screaming and out of tune whammy bar bullshit...

Mathijs

Date: November 26, 2012 10:54

What a brilliant show!!!

Posted by: runaway ()
Date: November 26, 2012 11:03

Thanks all for great posting!
The Stones Rock!!
I do like the RS "Going Down" with Jeff Beck.

cheers

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: November 26, 2012 11:09

Looks brilliant, but, like many of you, I don't get the whole Jeff beck thing...awful, awful fretboard gymnastics, that is not what the stones are about or that song for that matter. I agree, why wasn't some of the other guitarists who played on Stones' recordings used? Even Clapton would make more sense. As for mary Bilge...no need for her at all and Lisa could have done that far better.

Still on the plus side it was great to see Keith handling his guitar well again and there didn't seem to be much in the way posing.

Where was Blondie? Is it because Keith is playing well again that he hasn't been brought in?

Date: November 26, 2012 11:14

The morning after, I'm in a daze after last night's excitement....

It's only Rock 'n' Roll?.......well actually there was no ONLY about it - it was so much more than that......passion, groove, some humour, former Stones, drumming gorillas, a cool stage, stunning lightshow as well as the rock 'n' roll of course. Wow!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3233343536373839404142...LastNext
Current Page: 37 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1839
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home