Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: Markbot ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:55

Really looking forward to the Newark shows now. Thanks for all the info and updates.

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:56

Thank you!

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:57

LastStopThisTown
Mick Taylor went on a bit for me... Going Down (?) with Beck was great, loose, swinging, dirty.

Now you've done it. Incoming!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:03

Thanks for the brief reviews so far!
Hope you'll all chime in with more.

So that's where the Rockman was! Not in the online list, uh-uh.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:04

carlorossi
LastStopThisTown
Mick Taylor went on a bit for me... Going Down (?) with Beck was great, loose, swinging, dirty.

Now you've done it. Incoming!

Couldn't resist! smiling smiley

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:11

Great show. Good sound.
Excellent setlist. Keith is on shape. Fantastic MR version.ycagwyw too.
Beck plays very loud, nice "going down". Bill is not very demonstrative but smiled (I have pics to prove it). Taylor seemed happy and moved around jagger.
Will post photos and great videos soon.

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:14

rebelrebel
ThroughTheLonelyNights
I did not attend - but I think it was a GREAT NIGHT!!!!

Why are some of you making these stupid comments?????

I did attend and it certainly was a GREAT NIGHT!!!! Best Stones gig I've seen and I went as a KR naysayer.I take it all back - he played great, much better than 2007. The solo on Sympathy was right back to old times. They were all superb - Mick's singing was very good, the energy level high, setlist so much better than the 2007 shows. Yes, they delivered. I'm expecting great reviews tomorrow. Now must catch some sleep if I can.

Suck on that Keef bashers!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:15

Has Gazza found his ticket stump yet?

Posted by: LeedsLungs71 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:15

toomuchforme
Great show. Good sound.
Excellent setlist. Keith is on shape. Fantastic MR version.ycagwyw too.
Beck plays very loud, nice "going down". Bill is not very demonstrative but smiled (I have pics to prove it). Taylor seemed happy and moved around jagger.
Will post photos and great videos soon.

Thanks! Will be great to hear MR with Mick T

Date: November 26, 2012 03:18

That show was more than I could have hoped for. So many highlights, where to start? Seeing Bill and Mick T playing was special, an extraordinary setlist and to have the choir for YCAGWYW was something I had wished they had done years ago but I dismissed it as one of those 'that will never happen' things. Well, it just did!
I was with Mr Jimmy in block A1, two rows from the rail on the outside of the tongue and it was a great spot. Mick came around the tongue a number of times but Keith and Ronnie ventured all the way around a couple of times also, giving us very cool close ups of them. The whole band really looked like they were having a blast.....which meant we certainly did as well. Mick was very chatty, "it's taken us 50 years to get from Dartford to Greenwich" amongst his many quips.
One of the best Stones shows I have ever seen, not counting small venues. I look forward to hearing how it was from someone in the pit.
They had to put on a good show tonight and, man they sure did that.

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:18

Just got back. Fantastic show. I was in block B2, and the sound was outstanding. Crisp sharp quitars. Keith was hanging on by the skin on his teeth, just enough to keep the whole thing going, nothing more I am afraid, but the band as a whole was fantastic. The most intense experience I have ever seen them. I guess this was gig of my life.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:19

And the great British press ................................ LOVED 'EM !!!

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:20

what does keith hanging on by the skin of his teeth mean?kind of contradicts your praises,which was it,

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:22

Here's a small clip of the Stones with Bill - IORR.

It's Only Rock'n'Roll

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:22

Stonkingly good show. Loved everything apart from Mary Bilge murdering Gimme Shelter! Mick Taylor was stunning in Midnight Rambler. Wonderful montage on the screen of artists who influenced during All Down the Line. New songs well received by audience. Mick had to contend with a couple of technical difficulties as he became unwired at various points but was in high energy form and, I thought, very good voice.

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:25

The Guardian gives it 4 out of 5 stars. The boys passed.
[www.guardian.co.uk]

Edit : just read the actual review. The guy obviously had 90% of it written before the show even started.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 03:29 by Pie1.

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:27

Well Mick said tonight that it took the Stones 50 years to get from Dartford to Greenwich. Well Mick it took me just over 2 hours to go the other way and get home from Greenwich to Dartford.

What a brilliant night it was great to meet up with fellow IORRians Paulywaul, Man of Wealth & Taste, Mr Jimmy and Sonic Dreamer in the Pilot Inn beforehand. Paul thank Anne for the pint for me and it's my round next time.

The gig itself was great way beyond my expectations. Mick was well on form as were all the others with Keef back on form.

Mary J Blige with Mick on Gimme Shelter was a particular highlight for me and Midnight Rambler was awesome. I won'tgo through the whole set as it's nearly 1.30 a.m. now and I have work later. Just celebrating with a Jack Daniels now and it's off to bed.

I will finish off by saying I was in a cheap seat as Mick put it tonight - Block 420 and it was great - high up but very close to the stage and it wasn't quiet where we were - plenty of us on our feet dancing and shouting. It looked great in the pit and A Blocks up front. Newark & Brooklyn you are in for a real treat.

Date: November 26, 2012 03:27

I was in block 101 about 15 rows up overlooking the stage, a great spot. Well, if you're in ANY doubt about whether to cough up the ££££ or the $$$$ and catch the next London show or any of the three NJ/NY shows .... stop hesitating. Just get on with it, get a ticket and get ready to see the Stones on some of the best form they've ever been in. They were superb tonight, and as has been mentioned already, all the Keith bashers had better sit themselves down at a table and get their dessert spoons out and start ladelling copious quantities of humble pie into their mouths !!

It was a privilege to have witnessed Mick Taylor do Rambler, it elevated the song to a point that was way beyond any expectation I had of tonight.

A triumph. CATCH THEM NOW !!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:39

Thank you paulywaul!

Would love your thoughts on the general audience reaction. Were they excited? On their feet?

Glad to hear Keith and Mick T. were at their best...at this point in time.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:40

I started a new thread with the title "I Obviously Don't Know What I'm Talking About" but then realized that it will only be a matter of time before someone else who is equally clueless makes a similar post, so why crowd the board with another new post. And as someone else has already said in another thread (and with tongue in cheek):

"The important thing is to make definitive assessments based on a 30 second clip."

But wow. Based on the admittedly very brief clips available so far I'm stopping short of making a definitive assessment, but I am so glad I didn't shell out mucho dinero for the upcoming US shows. People are paying to see the carcasses of their heroes walk around in their near vicinity one last time. [And good for them! Why not. To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing them trot out their bodies again myself if tickets were priced accordingly.] But the sound, the music, the playing....just doesn't matter. I hope to be proven wrong, and a better-quality recording may surface that forces me to eat crow and humbly offer mea culpas for suggesting they sound almost embarrassingly uninspired (I am guessing that Midnight Rambler may be interesting, though, for an obvious reason.)

But it's nice to see the old fellows still pretending to rock. I give them props for going 2h 18 minutes tonight and giving it a whirl. Welcome back, lads.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:42

The question is - will Bill and MT both show up at the US shows?
Seems unlikely in my opinion.

Not that I'm going...a bit too expensive dammit, and I live on the West coast.

Hoping for a possible tour for 2013 at reduced prices!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:48

what a night, what a day ! Had the good fortune or being dead cenrer second row again but the sound was a lot better than at the Trabendo.

will write more later, hopefully the photo feed shared a bit of what we experienced...

had to rush out of the pilot inn around 4 unfortunately to help out a friend with a ticket so only could say hi to gazza and enjoy the first track of his CD compilation, the excellent Yellow Cab.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:55

gotdablouse
what a night, what a day ! Had the good fortune or being dead cenrer second row again but the sound was a lot better than at the Trabendo.

will write more later, hopefully the photo feed shared a bit of what we experienced...

had to rush out of the pilot inn around 4 unfortunately to help out a friend with a ticket so only could say hi to gazza and enjoy the first track of his CD compilation, the excellent Yellow Cab.

Hello Gotdablouse! After a good night of sleep, we want your review from the PIT and please have a look on my topic about my questions about the tongue PIT !

Benjamin.

Date: November 26, 2012 03:55

stonesrule
Thank you paulywaul!

Would love your thoughts on the general audience reaction. Were they excited? On their feet?

Glad to hear Keith and Mick T. were at their best...at this point in time.

In my part of the world (middle rows of block 101 - look on an O2 seating plan diagram if that doesn't mean anything to you) people were all on their feet throughout virtually the entire show, and it was nothing short of mass hysteria all round. My observations of the pit was that it was a damm good spot to be in, and of the floor - that as far as I personally cast my eyes I did not see a single person sitting down - not one and not ever. I have to admit that I was invariably a little more focused on what the hell was going on up the stage end (surprise surprise) - but if you're asking, then in response to your question: the audience reaction was one of pretty much unanimous mass hysteria.

At the time I am writing this I am home barely one hour, but so far (a) two UK newspapers have already published online reviews (Telegraph and Guardian) and have declared this gig a triumph for the band, and (b) every single text I've received on my phone from my friends (who include people that are capable of unbiased and objective criticism) have similary declared much the same opinion.

So the bottom line is: they're BACK, they're on BLISTERING FORM, and get yer arse in gear and go see 'em, cos' you'll bloody regret it if you don't !!

Goodnight hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 26, 2012 03:59

To all who attended: Congratulations...
Thanks for the reports

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:02

So besides Lisa Bernard and Tim who were the back up people????

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:02

DOOM AND GLOOM!!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:09

From The Rolling Stones facebook page:

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:10

paulywaul

So the bottom line is: they're BACK, they're on BLISTERING FORM, and get yer arse in gear and go see 'em, cos' you'll bloody regret it if you don't !!

Blistering form??? Blistering form???

Oh, wow, now more than ever I eagerly await the recording that reinforces the accuracy of this assessment. I really do hope that your quick summary here isn't in any way distorted by a need to rationalize however much you dropped for a ticket to this event. Are you sure you are not caught up even a little in the passion of the moment?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 26, 2012 04:14

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3031323334353637383940...LastNext
Current Page: 35 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home