Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 54
Re: London O2 Arena Nov. 25 show updates
Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:03

"the audience according to some of the videos posted were pretty quiet"

What does that even mean? In what world do short audio clips denote audience involvement?

Man...some people will find negativity anywhere.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:05

vermontoffender

What does that even mean? In what world do short audio clips denote audience involvement?

Well, unless you are blind you can see the audience sitting down,and not moving much.>grinning smiley<
BTW were you at the show???

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 02:08 by ROPENI.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:06

who gives a crap how he dressed,he sounds great.

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:07

ROPENI
Well, unless you are blind you can see the audience sitting down,and not moving much.thumbs up smiley

"No Dope Smoking,No Beer Sold After 12 oclock"

Maybe it was after 12.

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:07

backstreetboy1
who gives a crap how he dressed,he sounds great.

LOL! Amen, brother.

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:08

ROPENI
vermontoffender

Well, unless you are blind you can see the audience sitting down,and not moving much.

That is why they need the big fence around the stage. To me that was quite condescending.

Posted by: Sheltergimme ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:09

best night of my life in block 112. highlights too many to mention - watch out for mick t and midnight rambler among ten other top draw performances! got to sleep now... these boys have still got it and some - NY rest at ease.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:10

Re: The Rolling Stones O2 Arena show London Sunday 25-Nov-2012
Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:13

/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 02:14 by SKILLS.

Posted by: winter ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:15

ROPENI
vermontoffender

Well, unless you are blind you can see the audience sitting down,and not moving much.>grinning smiley<

From the pics, it almost seems like that front circle around the Pit puts an unnecessary extra layer of separation/distance between the non-pit audience and the band, even though they're the same distance away that they would be without the pit/circle thing.

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:16

ROPENI
Well, unless you are blind you can see the audience sitting down,and not moving much.

They're Brits, wealthy ones at that. They've always been pretty reserved, I don't see them letting their hair down easily.

Date: November 26, 2012 02:19

carlorossi
ROPENI

They're Brits, wealthy ones at that. They've always been pretty reserved, I don't see them letting their hair down easily.
winking smiley

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:22

So we've moved on from criticizing the band's performance to criticizing the audience now? What's next, a discussion about the parking attendants outside the venue or the people working the merch tables?

Date: November 26, 2012 02:23

Who designed that heavy style gorilla cloak?, its simply to DIE for! I must have one for cannes next year!

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:23

ROPENI, I was merely pointing out how negative and idiotic your comments were. I wasn't claiming the crowd was incredibly boisterous or sitting on their hands. The reason I didn't make those claims is because I don't know how the crowd was. Either do you, but you insist on putting a negative spin on everything because....who knows? Maybe you're just unable to deal with your feelings of jealousy?

Let me just restate that I don't know how the crowd was. Let me also restate that you don't either. The difference is that you need to pretend that you do. The reasons you need to be perceived as an authority on something you couldn't possibly have any knowledge of are unknown at this point but probably somewhat depressing to contemplate.

Good luck with your existence. Cheer up.

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:24

TheBostonStrangler
Who designed that heavy style gorilla cloak?, its simply to DIE for! I must have one for cannes next year!

L'wren Scott

Benjamin.

Date: November 26, 2012 02:24

I have one complaint over the show, those extra large mints in those funny sinks in the mens room tasted like shit!!!

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:25

Sounds wonderful!

Date: November 26, 2012 02:25

benstones
TheBostonStrangler

L'wren Scott

Who is lwren Scott, Iam a bit of a recluse.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:27

TheBostonStrangler

Mick's girlfriend.

Date: November 26, 2012 02:28

vermontoffender
ROPENI, I was merely pointing out how negative and idiotic your comments were. I wasn't claiming the crowd was incredibly boisterous or sitting on their hands. The reason I didn't make those claims is because I don't know how the crowd was. Either do you, but you insist on putting a negative spin on everything because....who knows? Maybe you're just unable to deal with your feelings of jealousy?

Let me just restate that I don't know how the crowd was. Let me also restate that you don't either. The difference is that you need to pretend that you do. The reasons you need to be perceived as an authority on something you couldn't possibly have any knowledge of are unknown at this point but probably somewhat depressing to contemplate.

WOW vo,it took you all this time to come up with that,man,you are genius,now please, go back to your medications and have a good evening,and BTW trust me ,l do happen to have a great existence..smiling smiley

Date: November 26, 2012 02:31

I did not attend - but I think it was a GREAT NIGHT!!!!

Why are some of you making these stupid comments?????

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:32

vermontoffender

+1 thumbs up

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: LastStopThisTown ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:33

Great gig, really didn't expect that opener! Keith played well, more rhythm less Chuck Berry-ing over every song, less posing and it really made a difference. Charlie solid. Ronnie played great. Mick did a lot less running around than I've seen in the past, which is to be expected, he doesn't need to do much anyway, his vox were better for it as well. Bill was, well, Bill! Mick Taylor went on a bit for me... Going Down (?) with Beck was great, loose, swinging, dirty.

Date: November 26, 2012 02:38

CindyC
TheBostonStrangler

Mick's girlfriend.

Ahh ok, I lost track of all those women.

I did find a photo of the happy couple though!

[3.bp.blogspot.com]

Glad Mick did not run around so much and actually sang and did not shout, from the snippets I heard it sounded more like The Stones!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 02:40 by TheBostonStrangler.

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:39

ThroughTheLonelyNights
I did not attend - but I think it was a GREAT NIGHT!!!!

Why are some of you making these stupid comments?????

I did attend and it certainly was a GREAT NIGHT!!!! Best Stones gig I've seen and I went as a KR naysayer.I take it all back - he played great, much better than 2007. The solo on Sympathy was right back to old times. They were all superb - Mick's singing was very good, the energy level high, setlist so much better than the 2007 shows. Yes, they delivered. I'm expecting great reviews tomorrow. Now must catch some sleep if I can.

Posted by: mymick ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:48

I agree - excellent gig. For anyone who is going on Thursday, you are in for a treat! Oooh Oooh

Posted by: Sipuncula ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:53

LastStopThisTown
Great gig, really didn't expect that opener! Keith played well, more rhythm less Chuck Berry-ing over every song, less posing and it really made a difference. Charlie solid. Ronnie played great. Mick did a lot less running around than I've seen in the past, which is to be expected, he doesn't need to do much anyway, his vox were better for it as well. Bill was, well, Bill! Mick Taylor went on a bit for me... Going Down (?) with Beck was great, loose, swinging, dirty.

Thanks for the review! Looks like Wyman and Taylor are back to their old tricks. Alas, I thought maybe they would bring something new and interesting back from the long sabbatical.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:53

Now I want to go on Thursday! hot smiley

Die cynicism, die!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 26, 2012 02:54

Just back from the show and what a gig it was. Absolute incredible to have seen Mick Taylor and Bill Wyman back with the band, even if it was only for a few songs.

It was like they hadn't been away for 5 years at all. Great set list including I Wanna Be Your Man as a opener - slowed down a bit a la 19th Nervous Breakdown at the Double Door 97.

Highlight of the show was Gimme Shelter with an immaculate vocal from Mary J Blige - although it seemed weird that Lisa was doing the backing to Mary. Why have Mary when we've got Lisa?

Midnight Rambler was also amazing and for this song they introduced Mick Taylor. He started off a little rusty but really got into his stride and he was calling the shots toward the end. It was nice to see Keityh warmly embrace him and whisper somthing in his ear - 'c'mon and work with us on the new album' perhaps?

I sat 15 feet from the Jagger clan - Lizzie, Georgia, Jerry and James who was with an incredible drop dead gorgeous girl.

Had a heart time in the Pilot and finally met the irrepressible Rockman plus Gazza, Paulywaul, Manofwealthandtaste, Dandylion Powderman, Mr Jimmy and many other good IORRers. Will upload pix tomorrow.

It's been a long day and sleep I must.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-26 02:55 by Silver Dagger.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2930313233343536373839...LastNext
Current Page: 34 of 54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1716
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home