Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

mistakes on my btb tour shirt
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 2, 2005 23:31

First on my shirt is wrote that they play in Katowice not in Chorzow(which is a big big big big mistake for me we in chorzow didn't like katowicesmiling smiley ) ,and second i don't have all shows for example istanbul,greece,lepzing..?
Why?

Re: mistakes on my btb tour shirt
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 2, 2005 23:50

The shows were probably re-scheduled and the shirts were made in the start of the tour.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 3, 2005 00:40

My VL 95 tour shirts have Hockenheim listed as the last show. I have a Licks shirt that has Köln listed instead of Oberhausen. If I remember correctly, Athens and Istanbul were not rescheduled, but added later on.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 3, 2005 00:50

Correct , as were several shows in August after the UK shows were postponed..

the answer is exactly as Kent says above. Tour itineraries change as the tour progresses, shows get postponed and rescheduled or even cancelled and new cities get added.

My 1982 tour t-shirt contains dates for concerts in Florence,Rome, Milan and Barcelona for example in July 1982 - none of which took place.

The 1990 tour was at one stage supposed to end in Moscow around 11-12 August, but that show never came off and when three UK shows in early July were postponed , they had to be rescheduled. Cardiff was changed to the date of the Dublin show cancelled due to poor ticket sales and the two postponed Wembley shows were moved to the end of August - during the tour they added quite a few shows in mid august, including the East Berlin and Prague ones.

The BTB and Licks European tours ended up finishing a month after they were originally scheduled to finish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-03 00:51 by Gazza.

Date: January 3, 2005 01:17

yes but why katowice? the first place for poland show was warsaw,the it change for chorzow..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-01-03 01:18 by Tomekpoland23.

Date: January 3, 2005 01:37

[www.iorr.org]

seemingly Warsaw was only rumoured and then when confirmed it was announced as Chorzow.

IORR's tour pages list the show as Chorzow (near Katowice) - how far are the 2 cities apart and is Katowice a big city whereas Chorzow is a small one?

Sometimes they announce shows and mention the nearest big city to where the show takes place as some venues are in smaller places? Its a bit like "Dublin 82" (when actually the show took place at Slane Castle, 50 km north of Dublin, in a different county and in a village of about 500 people!) or "Giants Stadium, New York" (which isnt in New York, but in East Rutherford which is in the state of New Jersey)

Date: January 3, 2005 01:37

[www.iorr.org]

seemingly Warsaw was only rumoured and then when confirmed it was announced as Chorzow.

IORR's tour pages list the show as Chorzow (near Katowice) - how far are the 2 cities apart and is Katowice a big city whereas Chorzow is a small one?

Sometimes they announce shows and mention the nearest big city to where the show takes place as some venues are in smaller places? Its a bit like "Dublin 82" (when actually the show took place at Slane Castle, 50 km north of Dublin, in a different county and in a village of about 500 people!) or "Giants Stadium, New York" (which isnt in New York, but in East Rutherford which is in the state of New Jersey)

Posted by: sumi ()
Date: January 3, 2005 02:22

I think that i saw in Athens 1998 shirt with Belgrade date, my shirt have not Belgrade but I think that saw....
When I attend on KISS's show here in belgrade in 1997 I saw on shirt "Albania"..I asked fans later on the net nobody hear about show in albania...

Date: January 3, 2005 02:26

slaski stadium is on border of chorzow and katowice..it's in WPKiW Park which is in chorzow. maybe mick easly can say wlecome katowizzz ..lets see how can he say welcome hozofffff???smiling smileyif the stones will play my town next tour i saw all of you IORR members,how good is polish beersmiling smileyCross your fingers

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: January 3, 2005 16:47

The Stones usually make big changes on their european tour dates.
Some shows have to be rescheduled (1990 or 1998)
Some others are added after the start of the tour (Luxembourg 1995, Rotterdam 1995, Istanbul 1998 etc.)
Sometimes the venues have to be changed. The Stones wanted to play Cologne, but they ended in Oberhausen in 2003.

Our Tshirts are very collectible indeed winking smiley

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: bv ()
Date: January 3, 2005 17:39

The T-shirts are printed before the final details of the tours are made. Most is finished but some is left out. The Poland show was moved around a bit before it was final. Also, it is true that the Stones often use other city names to reference a show. They called the Oberhausen show "Cologne", which isn't the same city. The Hartford 2002 show was added after the T-shirts were printed, because the 2nd Washington show was never made. In 1998 Argentina you could buy T-shirts with a show listed as Porto Alegre, Brazil, but it never happened. Also they make new T-shirts as the changes are made, but most of the times they don't really worry much what the T-shirts say, as long as people buy them...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Marnix ()
Date: January 3, 2005 18:56

I think the shirt I have is an unique one. It´s a special shirt of the opening night of the european BtB leg may 22nd 1998 in Berlin. But that show was cancelled because of Keith broken bones or something.
At the frontprint is the golgen tongue and the backprint is a print of the olympic stadium with the text The Rolling Stones, Btb European tour 1990, opening night Berlin May 22 1998

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: January 3, 2005 19:13

They sold it at the rescheduled date in August 1998.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1688
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home