Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

NYE Stones surprise (slightly OT)
Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 2, 2005 18:20

I hate going out NYE, but a friend convinced me to go to the Orpheum theatre (alt, watching the ex-dick clark rockin NYears eve? Law & Order SVU marathon?)Boston to see Graham Parker & the Gentlemen. I have not followed GP's career in 20 years. Parker did 2 great sets (w/a great guitarist whose name I didnt catch)that included his late 70s/early80s originals & he introduced 3(3!)Stones-associated songs (he intro'd them as 'done by' the RS) in a row: Hip Shake, If You Need Me, & Cry To Me, & the lead guitarist warmed up with Dancing with Mr D....A great treat, plus a superb rocking version of "Soul Shoes" as the morons who lethargically wandered in for free wandered back out. Catch him if you can on tour. Hip Shake, with a real 'Stinging' solo, made the night worth it...(Odd tho, how sober the NYE crowd was, no alcohol evident in the crowds on the street, no drugs, - I dont want drunks fighting/driving but this was almost too boring - not like 20 years ago...)

John R

Re: NYE Stones surprise (slightly OT)
Posted by: Pserchia ()
Date: January 2, 2005 21:03

I've seen Graham Parker and his band two or three times when they have come to Los Angeles in recent years. Their show never disappoints. And the current Graham Parker album, Your Country is especially enjoyable.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1572
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home