Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

RS.Com DVD
Posted by: CSD ()
Date: January 2, 2005 02:01

Anyone got any news on when the DVD is going to be ready?

Re: RS.Com DVD
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: January 2, 2005 02:05

probably about 2008, if you're lucky...

Those one year memberships expire in June 2005, by which time there still wont have been any shows that you "could" have applied for tickets for (but not necessarily got them) and you probably still wont have got your great-value-for-$100 DVD.

To quote Johnny Rotten ;

"Did you ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"

Incidentally, are they allowing enquiries about the non appearance of this DVD to be posted on the message board on rs.com yet or are they STILL deleting them?

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: January 2, 2005 13:50

What DVD??? It sounds interesting.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: terry ()
Date: January 2, 2005 14:01

im one of the mugs that joined rs com i reckon they never even had a dvd ready, it was just a ploy to get us to join.i must make sure i cancel my membership in june, but something tells me that wont be easy either...yes your right gazza if you mention the dvd on the site they take it off...someone posted asking if they would get the dvd before christmas...i replied yes we should get it for christmas but dont ask me witch christmas... that thread was taken off after a day.well its only rock n roll and i should have known better.

Date: January 2, 2005 18:35

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What DVD??? It sounds interesting.
>

from what they said about it, it didnt sound remotely interesting at all.

I thought you'd joined the fan club, Kent. I presume you were aware of this DVD/fan club thing as its been debated regularly on this forum and others for over six months.

Date: January 2, 2005 21:38

Nah. I didn't join Gazza. I'm a huge fan of the Stones, but I'm also a realist. I know that the official fanclub doesn't bring you anything special. So I joined these cool forums on the internet instead. And I use my money on bootlegs. The Stones screw us sometimes and we screw them sometimes.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 2, 2005 22:22

Dont buy bootlegs when you can either download shows on the 'net for free or get them through trades or CDR trees.

You could end up getting about 15 shows that way for about the same price as you'd pay for buying one bootleg CD

Date: January 2, 2005 22:35

I know. But I don't have a burner nor do I have access to one. So I have to buy them or trade for them. I never participate in trees and I hate that.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: January 2, 2005 23:55

It seems incredible in retrospect, that having followed thr group as I have, I was suckered into buying the second memebership last year. To be honest, the only time teh first membership was a help was for the Australian arena shows I saw on the last tour.

I now doubt the DVD will ever come out and wonder why there has been no legal action. I still hope against hope that the guys will try and salvage some face and release tickets on the site in late May for a fall tour.

Date: January 3, 2005 00:05

Maybe the DVD will come out. I think it will. It's like the RS machinery stops when they're doing nothing. And suddenly when they tour and all, the machine suddenly starts rolling. So my guess is that you probably will get it at the time the new cd comes out.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 3, 2005 00:19

JumpingKentFlash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I know. But I don't have a burner nor do I have
> access to one. So I have to buy them or trade for
> them. I never participate in trees and I hate
> that.

Er...kent, you dont need to be able to burn CDs to take part in CDR trees. Thats the whole point of them. You can either trade with people or send them blanks and postage!

>Maybe the DVD will come out. I think it will. It's like the RS machinery stops when they're doing nothing. And suddenly when they tour and all, the machine suddenly starts rolling. So my guess is that you probably will get it at the time the new cd comes out.

the machinery didnt stop when it came to them reminding you to renew your membership 8 months after the end of the tour and promising a 'free' DVD if you forked out $100 for a membership

Kent - the current fan club deal was for one year from 1st July 2004. If by June 2005 a tour is confirmed and you sign up for tickets a day before they go on sale, you'll be getting the same level of access as the poor saps who were conned into paying for a years membership which got them ..er....pretty much nothing but vague promises of pre-sales on tickets for a tour that may or may not be announced..

Date: January 3, 2005 00:22

I stand corrected.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: January 3, 2005 01:44

dont miss out on the next ones, then!

Date: January 3, 2005 02:22

Don't worry. I won't.

JumpingKentFlash

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1618
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home