Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Who Else Doesn't Have a Problem with Stones Ticket Prices
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 21, 2012 08:32

So who else doesn't have a problem with The Stones ticket prices for their up coming gigs in London and New York.Im right behind any decision The Stones make 100%.The way I look at it is when your dealing with the best of anything it doesn't some cheap..thats just the way it is smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Re: Who Else Doesn't Have a Problem with Stones Ticket Prices
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2012 08:57

The official idiot thread, right?

- Doxa

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 21, 2012 09:51

Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:33

100% behind any decision the Stones make? Beeing on your knees all the time might damage your health.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:38

Pass the Kool Aid.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:53

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:58

71Tele
Pass the Kool Aid.

...pass the mickeys...only way to buy these tix is get rip-roaring drunk and hit the purchase button....then when you sober up it's too late...

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 10:59

ROCKMAN

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:12

Rrr..well im away to bed I'll check in the morning surely im not the only one whose to concerned about the price of a concert ticket. smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: teleblaster ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:31

Hi Colonial. Can I ask how much you have shelled out for your tickets, then?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 21, 2012 11:37

No problem for some.

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:09

Hm, my first post on the forum.
And I actually have to admit that I find these ticketprices a logical result of the screwed up capitalist/colonial winking smiley world we live in.

If they would have been lower, guess what wins the scalpers then would have? The only solution is named tickets+ID-access to venues.

PS: I actually managed to get a 150GBP ticket for sunday. Block 113, 3 rows up from the Keith-side. Somewhere else on the forum I read that 150GBP is considered normal ABB-pricing... pfff.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:19

Yeah you 'managed' to get it - and good for you.

The fact that about 1% of the ticket buyers 'managed' to do that by playing a game of dare with a @#$%& up distribution system speaks volumes.

You can hardly compare that to just going on TM and paying £150 for a similar ticket.

People 'justifying' this as a way of detering ticket scalping is pretty screwed up. Are we supposed to feel better knowing that the 'good' side of a ticket being tripled in face value in a recession means that they'll be easier to get (which they werent really, anyway)? How about making the system more fan-friendly instead of purely 'band's wallets friendly'?

"The only solution is named tickets+ID-access to venues" = then do it.

Guess what? They won't, because it means they'll be able to gouge you for a little less than they are already.

Date: November 21, 2012 12:20

colonial
So who else doesn't have a problem with The Stones ticket prices for their up coming gigs in London and New York.Im right behind any decision The Stones make 100%.The way I look at it is when your dealing with the best of anything it doesn't some cheap..thats just the way it is smoking smiley

Then why arent you going? Put your money where your mouth is.

Date: November 21, 2012 12:30

Gazza
colonial

thumbs up

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:38

Gazza

The fact that about 1% of the ticket buyers 'managed' to do that by playing a game of dare with a @#$%& up distribution system speaks volumes.

You can hardly compare that to just going on TM and paying £150 for a similar ticket.

People 'justifying' this as a way of detering ticket scalping is pretty screwed up. Are we supposed to feel better knowing that the 'good' side of a ticket being tripled in face value in a recession means that they'll be easier to get (which they werent really, anyway)? How about making the system more fan-friendly instead of purely 'band's wallets friendly'?

Guess what? They won't, because it means they'll be able to gouge you for a little less than they are already.

Not sure I understand your post, but I got my 150GBP ticket through the facebook presale at TM. Absolutely (I mean, abso-absolutely) no scalper justification here.

All these complaints about ticketprices are so very very relative: in another thread others are hurraying for their victory of getting a ticket for just 350 pounds, and yet other people are calling the ABB pricing "normal"....
Man, is that where we should draw the line? Hell, why not going back to the good old 40GBP, or 4GBP?

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:58

After reading the messages I come to the conclusion that Colonial made a jokesmiling bouncing smiley, because as it seems that he doesn't go he doesn't have a problem with ticket prices. smoking smiley right colinial???

Even if the prices would have been in the ABB level or even if they would have increased slightely the tricky computer software of the scalpers/aga/ticket agencies have such an impact to purchase the tickets that we would still stay out and left in the dust of upper levels only. So prices would be with or without such high face value way up in the attic.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:04

paulywaul
Doxa

- Doxa

thumbs up

thumbs up

Date: November 21, 2012 14:33

shattered1978
Gazza

Not sure I understand your post, but I got my 150GBP ticket through the facebook presale at TM. Absolutely (I mean, abso-absolutely) no scalper justification here.

All these complaints about ticketprices are so very very relative: in another thread others are hurraying for their victory of getting a ticket for just 350 pounds, and yet other people are calling the ABB pricing "normal"....
Man, is that where we should draw the line? Hell, why not going back to the good old 40GBP, or 4GBP?

Thats pretty good - still very few and far between though.

As to the last point - I dont think anyone other than the utterly delusional - is seriously suggesting they should be dirt cheap. Its not as black and white as that.

I wouldnt call the ABB pricing 'normal' myself - but for cheaper tickets it generally was. £400 for a nosebleed most certainly isn't - it's a pisstake.

Date: November 21, 2012 14:48

Gazza
shattered1978
Gazza

Thats pretty good - still very few and far between though.

As to the last point - I dont think anyone other than the utterly delusional - is seriously suggesting they should be dirt cheap. Its not as black and white as that.

I wouldnt call the ABB pricing 'normal' myself - but for cheaper tickets it generally was. £400 for a nosebleed most certainly isn't - it's a pisstake.

thumbs up

Posted by: tatters ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:29

Gazza
colonial

Of course he's going! In fact, he's going ALL OUT!

[www.iorr.org]

Date: November 21, 2012 15:35

LOL..I dont think he's even going 'out' let alone 'all out' !

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:41

Gazza
LOL..I dont think he's even going 'out' let alone 'all out' !

Oh dear, what are we getting into here...

Date: November 21, 2012 15:47

colonial

I have no problem, none whatsoever. PPV!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:56

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:15

I decided that I don't have a problem with the Stones' ticket prices.
I'm just not paying them.

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:16

glad to see the promoters are active on message boards

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: November 21, 2012 18:20

Show me a guy who paid 900 bucks for a Stones ticket and I'll show you a guy who had better video the whole show and post it on Youtube.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 18:20 by andrewt.

Date: November 21, 2012 18:52

Send It To me
glad to see the promoters are active on message boards

Welcome to the 21st Century.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 21, 2012 19:00

colonial

What the HELL are the Stones "best" at these days?
Oh yes... bending fools over and pulling their cash out through their bums.

Does it hurt, colonial?

[thepowergoats.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 19:00 by jamesfdouglas.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2012
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home