Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: DOOM & GLOOM premieres on Vevo tonight at 12am GMT!
Posted by: stonesdan60 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:05

Stones Now "...as this trendy-type video is just another example of Mick as Peter Pan, always trying to pander to a younger audience..."

I don't get that impression at all. This is just Mick being Mick. He's always performed like he does in this video. He may be pushing 70 but if he's still got what it takes to do his thing, more power to him. Or because of his age should he stand still in front of the mic, feebly clutching a cane?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:17

Best Stones video ever,f""king brilliant,the boys are back!!

Posted by: shattered1978 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:23

Oh my, what a reactions.
This is a stones Fan-forum right?

Too modern, irrelevant, too much for a new audence?
Have you guys re-checked those "relevant" videoclips from the eighties/seventies? Reconsider.

Shit, D&G has a great videoclip.... And man, does Keith look good!
Extremely cool with that actress from the swedish Millennium movies.

Yes, I'm new here and no, NOT with Universal or Virgin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 12:24 by shattered1978.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:27

Doxa
Something for the youngsters, and seemingly also to those who think this is a "relavant" and "current" thing to do (the problem is that the first mentioned don't give a hec, it is only for the latter to enjoy...)

I find it extremily dull and uninspired. The lyrics are painted to the screen with one-to-one tactics, so no any room for a imagination watcher/hearer left, the band makes their typical poses we've seen million times already, and of course, some current chick of the silver screen showing herself, plus some nudity ("how daring...")... A Stones video for dummies.

In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

- Doxa

Doxa, video for dummies is here winking smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:29

Justin
Doxa
Justin
Doxa
In a way, it is nice that they actually make a little effort in making a video (haven't for ages), but then again, is there actually any point? It is as dull as "One More Shot" musically.

Okay, let us all pretend that this is "relevant", the Stones having a hit single, and everything being just like it used to be. No reality check.

Doxa, how many more of these pissy posts can we expect until it's out of your system?

I am just stating my honest opinion. Do you have a problem with that?

Yes. You repeat your points over and over on various threads. It is totally fine to state your opinion, but to repeat them as if trying to make sure every single person on the board remembers your position on the matter is overbearing. A little restraint would be appreciated. It's a relatively small group of actual participants on this board who follow it everyday and we already know how you feel about the general situation. A lot of your posts lately can be labeled as "trolling." You seemed to have found a nice balance some time ago but the recent ticket price drama seems to have soured you all over again.

More 'Reduktio ad hominem' arguments here, and the crowning it all by calling me a "troll".

This is seemingly as far it as far as one can go by thinking out loud one's thoughts of one rock and roll band, and trying to be honest to one's taste and conscience. Well, I guess I have done my bit. I've put The Stones on words as best as I can according to my own judgment for a decade or so here in IORR. To me it has been an adventure, and changing thoughts with fellow fans has been a treasure, and I've been learning very very much along the way (and actually met some real life friends as well). The whole internet discussion culture has a vocabulary of its own, and as a sort of experiment what is able to do with words. And a lot fun.

But let's say, if I am called a "troll" here, it is no longer funny. And that's the end.

I hope you feel better now, Justin. Finally you succeed getting this board rid of me.grinning smiley

Actually I should thank a smart guy like you for showing my true color. Like the moment feeling a relief when not needing to buy just another Rolling Stones concert tickets (the price of them was a good excuse), I feel like that now. Time to bury "Doxa".

But there is one more thing I'd like to say (not for you, but all the people here).

Thank very much everybody for stimulating conversations along the yaers! Keep up the good work! The Stones are important and significant cultural entity that they can be honoured with more serious - that is: critical - reflection. They deserve that, like any important phenomenon. I think those are the best critics who really love and respect. I guess I went over the top sometimes, but like I said, this was/is an experiment. Perhaps one needs to go too far to see how far one can go. Thanks very much also for many of your good feedback and good critisism towards my views. I feel ashamed now that I haven't showed enough respect for many kinds words along the years; I never intended being arrogant.

Thank you and goodbye!smileys with beer

And hey, I wish the best possible concert experience for those people with tickets to upcoming Rolling Stones shows! Have a great time with The Stones! You deserve that!

And now, where is the best Bob Dylan discussion board...

- Doxa Timo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 12:33 by Doxa.

Posted by: carlitosbaez ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:32

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:35

Doxa/Timo:

Come on ... and stay!

Bis bald!

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:36

Oh don't downgrade the board with leaving, Doxa......

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:53

Keith looks cool, with the hat.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 21, 2012 12:55

Lets put music aside...

And now one should find 10 differences or similarities winking smiley

Doxa, come back!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:05

Nice guitar grooving by Keith at 1'37"

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:35

I like the video. It grabs my attention. Cool catching new things, with each watch.

Ronnie looks good too!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-21 13:40 by MingSubu.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:54

Doxa/Timo: I usually disagree with what you say, but this board would be a far less interesting place without you (though I often wondered how you found the time to write all those long posts!). Maybe it is time to take a holiday from "Doxa" (that Bob Dylan board won't know what hit it!) but come back and visit us again sometime in some unconvincing disguise...

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: November 21, 2012 13:56

That video is great. Really great. Happy to see they actually out some effort into it, unlike the ABB and Don't Stop videos. Best video since ASMB or One Hit or Too Much Blood.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:01

i really like the Doom video
the band looks good

Request: Doxa please dont let the bastards get you down.
Stay on and f... em all

jeroen

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:32

You have probably heard it before, but here it is: "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life". I think that the window for critism has narrowed here due to the upcoming 5 concerts. Doxa, of course you should stay! And what has happened to Justin? I do not recognize him any more.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:32

Doxa,
Some posters do not like your posts - so what? There are incomparably more people who value your contribution to this forum

Date: November 21, 2012 14:33

Doxa, I know how you feel, but you really shouldn't leave the board...

There are too many who appreciate your posts here.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:49

DandelionPowderman
Doxa, I know how you feel, but you really shouldn't leave the board...

There are too many who appreciate your posts here.

thumbs up

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:49

As for the video - it's quite good, and of course Naomi is amazing.
Mick & Co look great but still I'd prefer more clear narrative without constant cuts to band members
If you want to see the band - there are live videos fot that

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 21, 2012 14:53

BOOBIES

>grinning smiley<

\m/

Date: November 21, 2012 14:57

Blame it on the Swedes! It's Jonas Åkerlund who has directed the video and it's Noomi Rapace that plays the girl in the video. Personally, I was never a fan of Jonas Åkerlunds videos (he has made videos with Madonna, Metallica and others). But isn't rock videos a thing of the past?

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:00

Haven't seen the video yet. Not smart enough to figure out how to get past the Gema stuff. DOXA- I hope you will stay. I've always enjoyed your posts. They always make sense to me, and seem to be very honest.

Date: November 21, 2012 15:07

When it comes to the boobs: They are even tinier than Mick's todger. Very brave of Noomi though showing them off. Kind of a statement.

Posted by: deardoctor ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:19

stones are yesterdays papers but i like it, it´s a gas!

doxa, there´s no need to be offended. you gave critics, you got criticss, that´s life.
In my opinionn your posts were mostly very valuable. it would be a pity if it´s missing. stay tuned!

Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:22

A 'fun' modern R&R video, nothing more or less

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:29

Concerning the video.....it's as predictable as the song itself. Don't like.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-22 11:22 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:38

Doxa come back! thumbs up

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 21, 2012 15:39

The video is fine, not an especially memorable one, but it does the job. I am in the camp that doesn't particularly like the quick cut editing style that is so popular right now, so there aren't many videos that I see now that seriously impress me. I did like very much seeing the guys, they all look great...I think we should get Schillid on it to straighten out Keith's headwear issues.cool smiley

To Doxa, please don't leave forever, this place wouldn't be the same without you. I still remember your GRRR...review, it was fantastic.

Date: November 21, 2012 15:56

Nice video. Way too frantic for me but it's modern and up-to-date. I'd say they were targeting a younger demographic than us oldies. Good for them!

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2016
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home