Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Jagger Tour in Australia
Posted by: stillife ()
Date: December 29, 2004 14:45

I`have just downloaded Brothers of Sodom and I think that Mick was in good shape and some songs are better played than with the stones. What Keith might have thought watching his music was being played by other guitarists? I mean the most part of the words must been created by Jagger but a great part of the music belongs to Keith.

Re: Mick Jagger Tour in Australia
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 29, 2004 15:16

Keith was very pissed off at Mick going on the road without the Stones but more so that when he did he played Stones songs with "his little jack off band"...

of course, true to style, within a few months he was himself on the road with the Winos - playing sets which featured as many Stones songs as solo material...

If you can't beat them, join them, I guess.

Posted by: frankie ()
Date: December 30, 2004 04:03

sorry? keith only played a couple of stones songs, the rest were his own songs. I think that's great, and for jagger solo? never got the hots for that tour australia or japan. loved lisa in gimme shelter though.

Date: December 30, 2004 04:48

a couple?

Before they make me run, Time is on my side, I wanna be your man, too rude, Little T & A, Connection, Happy - all regulars in 1988 and they made up almost half of the show

Other songs played on later tours included Gimme Shelter.

The stones songs may for the most part have been written by Keith - but then if you use that yardstick, you could say "Brown Sugar" and several others are "Mick" songs.

He basically did the same as Mick. Played a set of half solo work and half songs that were "Stones" songs. Which is fine by me. The only difference was Mick didnt bitch about him doing so.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 30, 2004 06:19

when did keith do T&A on a solo tour

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: December 30, 2004 07:02

At least Keith never took a Jagger/Richards tune that was already lined up for the next Stones album and used it as the opening track on a solo album. Check out She's The Boss "Lonely At The Top". Jagger re-recorded it (shitty production by the way, it sounds paper thin) put it on his album and never told Keith. Keith found out when the album came out. Maybe Keith bitched but at least he was not sneaky.

Milo, NYC
You don't move me anymore

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 30, 2004 07:26

>when did keith do T&A on a solo tour

In 1988.

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: December 30, 2004 09:02

Keith not sneaky? Maybe we should ask Ry Cooder what he would say about that. I am amazed year after year that people are often so polarized into opposite camps by the Glimmer Twins, often seeng the Twin of choice as near Godly and the other as the creator of every percieved problem with the group.

Niether of these guys has survived over 40 years in show business without cutting a few throats and stepping on a lot of toes. I applaud Keith, because while everyone is aware thatr Mick is the Master of Media Manipulation, Keith has actually gotten at least as good without appearing so obvious. Nearly every crime he lays at Micks door, other than the Knighthood, has at some date been duplicated by Keith. Somehow though Keith comes out as the guy without ulterior motive. Please, come back to the Five and Dime Jimmie Dean, Keith gets exactly what he wants when he wants it no maztter what he has to do to get it.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 30, 2004 11:13

If Keith has it in for you, lo and behold.

May I quote a quote about Keith, (just something I read in Bockris' book:

"Re: Linda Keith, her words. "I received notes and such from Keith for years afterward: "Keith hates "Linda, Keith hates Linda, Keith hates Linda."

This was after she broke up with Keith. Linda Keith is also the one that left Keith high and dry for Jimi Hendrix. Though she was more a groupie type for Jimi, as Jimi told her he already had a regular lady, whom he loved, I guess he had an affair with Linda though.

Anyway, back to Keith and his actions to certain events: You don't want to get on his bad side, that's for sure.

Remember though, a lot of the stuff that makes the papers about Keith being on the outs with Mick, or, the fiasco of such things like the "KNIGHT" thingy, is for the most part solely for, "publicities sake." smiling smiley

Note: But then, Keith will turn it around, I think Linda was in a bad accident once and Keith visited her in the hospital, she said her face was really bad from the accident, and Keith came and kissed her on her face, she said he could be very kind, he made her feel as though it didn't matter that she was smashed up.

This may not be word for word, but you get the drift.

Posted by: TT ()
Date: December 30, 2004 11:50

Jaggers solo tour 1988 was a piece of shit. everybody who likes how the songs are played doesn´t really like the Stones. Watching those Rips and Satrianis doing Stones stuff really hurts. The only good thing I remember is the intro, when Mick plays harmonica in the desert.

But Mick wanted it, so I blame him. That tour and the Let´s Work single is the lowest point in Jaggers career.

Date: December 30, 2004 11:53

And: after that tour Mick wanted to sound PERFECT. No more 81/82 tours. Leavell as director, backup singer....it´s all from that "Tour of 1988" experience. One more point to hate the tour.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 30, 2004 13:33

are you sure keith did T&A in 88
which show

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 30, 2004 13:44

New York, Philadelphia, Boston and many other shows. Not all though. Go to www.nzentgraf.de and click on the "1988" link.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 30, 2004 14:20

TT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> everybody who likes how the songs are played
> doesn´t really like the Stones.

I fully agree with this statement!

Mathijs

Date: December 30, 2004 14:25

melillo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> are you sure keith did T&A in 88
> which show

he didnt do it in the opening few shows but played it every night from NYC 29.11.88 until the end of the tour

Date: December 30, 2004 14:47

Some songs on that tour are certainly better played than some of the sh*t in Live Licks.

Date: December 30, 2004 15:02

I keep hearing about this tour which sounds good. Who can recommend a good boot and even send me a copy? The cheek of it.....

Date: December 30, 2004 15:22

Keith's or Mick's?

Date: December 30, 2004 20:22

>Some songs on that tour are certainly better
>played than some of the sh*t in Live Licks.

It´s a matter of WHO plays that shit.

Date: December 30, 2004 20:27

It`s a matter of HOW is played.

Date: December 30, 2004 20:52

If you think that Jimmy Rip does a better job than Keith and Satriani plays better leads than Ronnie it´s OK for you...but not for me. Just a joke that such clowns are instructed to play Stones songs.

Date: December 30, 2004 21:19

Im not saying they play better. Not even comparing them. I would not compare Keith to anyone. But Ronnie isn`t playing anything at all.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1768
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home