Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Brian Jones´ parents
Posted by: Aucoin ()
Date: December 28, 2004 22:46

Does anybody know if Brian Jones´parents are still alive and, if yes, where they´re living? Any informations about what happened to his children or his girlfriends?

Re: Brian Jones´ parents
Posted by: Tops ()
Date: September 25, 2006 18:31

nobody knows?

Posted by: beast of burgk ()
Date: September 25, 2006 18:33

Looking at the funeral pictures I doubt that they still are alive. They must have been in their middle 50's in 1969.

Posted by: timbernardis ()
Date: September 26, 2006 09:18

Gazza will know. Gazza?

tim frm mt

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 26, 2006 11:59

I heard Brians old Aunt Maggie still playing on his white Vox-guitar...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 26, 2006 14:38

I wonder what Brian would've looked like today. OldKR from Shidoobee, and sometimes on here too, once made a picture of Keith where all wrinkles were wiped away. He looked very strange. It was made with some PhotoShop-like programme I think. I wonder if it can be done the other way around? Would be kind of interestin to see Brian's face if he was alive today.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: mofur ()
Date: September 26, 2006 15:02

Hmmmm...as far as I can remember, Donovan married one of Brian's many girlfriends - though I cannot at the moment remember which one - and adopted one of his children - a boy named Julian I seem to recall

And I read somewhere that one of Brian's offspring (also a boy - the same?) was touring with them for a while. I don't know in which capacity, though - crew or guest? But I saw a picture of him at that time and he looked very much like his father with the blonde locks and everything. Perhaps not as sturdy...

Anybody who can fill out the holes?

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 26, 2006 15:53

timbernardis Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Gazza will know. Gazza?
>

Dont really pay much attention to the band's personal lives, so I'm not the one to ask. I've never read that they have passed on, so its possible they could still be alive, although they would be around 90 if they are.

Posted by: CindyC ()
Date: September 26, 2006 15:56

mofur Wrote:
Hmmmm...as far as I can remember, Donovan married one of Brian's many girlfriends - though I cannot at the moment remember which one - and adopted one of his children - a boy named Julian I seem to recall

Donovan married Linda Lawrence, who gave him Julian #2. He was with Linda right before Anita.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: September 26, 2006 16:04

Pat Andrews told us last March that they are still alive, both around 95 years old.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 26, 2006 16:09

ROCKMAN

Date: September 26, 2006 16:24

Here's another one of Linda.

Posted by: Estoneado ()
Date: September 26, 2006 18:59

I know her sister Barbara married and had a bunch of children. But it seems to me that his relatives sort of see him as a sad memory, they have never taken part in any sort of tributes whatsoever. That's my impression.
Another possibility is that they remember him privately, but from reading the biographies on Brian, one gets the impression they just don't.
Overall, he seems to be forgotten by his family.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: September 26, 2006 19:05

Estoneado Wrote:
> I know her sister Barbara married and had a bunch
> of children. But it seems to me that his relatives
> sort of see him as a sad memory, they have never
> taken part in any sort of tributes whatsoever.
> That's my impression.
> Another possibility is that they remember him
> privately,

but from reading the biographies on
> Brian, one gets the impression they just don't.
> Overall, he seems to be forgotten by his family.

Not every family of a deceased celebrity feels the need to exploit the person's memory by craving attention and turning it into a media circus or freakshow. Just because they dont "take part" in some 'tribute' that they feel inappropriate for whatever reason doesnt mean theyve 'forgotten' him. They happen to be very private people and come from a different generation where these kind of things are done in private and not for public attention

Parents dont tend to 'forget' their deceased children. The Jones' know only too well about that, I would think,as they've long outlived two of their own.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2006-09-26 19:09 by Gazza.

Date: September 26, 2006 19:41

I always wondered if his parents had any sort of relationship with Brian's children, or if they were so conservative that they wanted nothing to do with them as they were illegitimate.

That's one thing that always bothered me about the older generation, the way they dealt with illegitimate children and turning a blind eye to it to prove to their acquiantences that they do not condone such behavior. Who suffers, the innocent child who did nothing wrong. What kind of people favor their status over the feelings of an innocent child of their own blood.

Ok, I'm going a little off topic here. I don't even know if this is the case with the Jones. I certainly hope not, but I have a suspicion that they were like that.

I didn't think too much of Brian and how he didn't accept his responsiblity as a father when I was younger, but now, it pretty much makes me sick. I know he was young, but still, it's not right.

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 26, 2006 19:58

whew......and now "Deep Thoughts," by CindyC.....very good observations, my friend from the land of Celtics and Red Stockings.....to answer your rhetorical question, I think both the grandparents and the illegitimate child suffer from such conservative behavior.

Date: September 26, 2006 20:00

Lukester - are you talking about the Jones' in particular?

Posted by: Lukester ()
Date: September 26, 2006 20:08

Cindy...no, just grandparents in general who refuse to accept a grandchild born out of wedlock. It can be a very sad and confusing situation for the grandchild. As for the grandparents, I believe there is so much that an adult can learn from a child that it is a shame to prevent such an experience from happening....I don't know squat about the Jones's situation, though....for all I know Brian's parents have accepted his children with open arms.

Posted by: turd ()
Date: September 26, 2006 21:28

I know this a bit off topic, but given the interest in Brian and his extended family I thought this might be of interest. It's an interview with Dawn Malloy who had an illegitemate son with Brian in 1965 - his name is Paul, (pics included in the article).

[www.beatzenith.com]

Date: September 26, 2006 22:04

Oh, what a sad story! That broke my heart. ALO told Brian he couldn't see her so he didn't? WTF! What a coward.

Then he shows up when the baby is 9 months old demanding to see him! Ok, I think I'm starting to hate Brian's guts.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: September 27, 2006 05:54

Come On Wrote:
> I heard Brians old Aunt Maggie still playing on
> his white Vox-guitar...

Not to hijack the thread, but I strummed that guitar once! About 7 or 8 years ago, it was hanging about 10 feet up on the wall by the exit of the Hard Rock Cafe on 57th St. in NYC and when I was on my way out, I saw it and kind of freaked out - I jumped up on the table (don't worry - nobody was using it) and brushed my fingers across the strings.

Suffice to say, I was thrown out about 3 seconds later.

Posted by: J.J.Flash ()
Date: September 27, 2006 05:56

this just in- Brian Jones is still dead.

Posted by: riccardo99 ()
Date: September 27, 2006 07:10

Pauline get in touch please!

Posted by: BeachGirl ()
Date: July 10, 2010 20:47

A member of the Brian Jones Fan Club contacted me and told me Brian's parents are in a retirement home in Wales. And Brian's sister Barbara has a son and is divorced.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: July 11, 2010 02:51

Is Barbara divorced or here son?

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 11, 2010 13:12

BeachGirl
A member of the Brian Jones Fan Club contacted me and told me Brian's parents are in a retirement home in Wales. And Brian's sister Barbara has a son and is divorced.
I've always assumed that they were dead and wondered who the heck "The Brian Jones Estate" is. I guess that this answers my question. I wonder how much they have that used to belong to Brian? Somethings is said (according to Keylock) to have been shipped to them after Brian's death - among the things were Brian's Mellotron. The rest were thrown in the bonfire.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: July 11, 2010 13:14

BeachGirl

Thanks for passing it on. Wales is next door to the town of Cheltenham, so that figures.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 11, 2010 13:14

There's video of one of Brian's offspring here:

There is little doubt about the boy's parentage, he's a dead spit!

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: July 11, 2010 14:25

CindyC
Oh, what a sad story! That broke my heart. ALO told Brian he couldn't see her so he didn't? WTF! What a coward.

Then he shows up when the baby is 9 months old demanding to see him! Ok, I think I'm starting to hate Brian's guts.

Yes, a very sad story, but great that her son kept looking for her and found her! thumbs up

Brian was a dickhead with this stuff, perhaps he would have corrected some of his mistakes had he lived. Mick hasn't exactly been all that great with these things either even as a proper adult.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: July 11, 2010 17:55

His Majesty
Brian was a dickhead with this stuff, perhaps he would have corrected some of his mistakes had he lived.
If we are to believe some of the quotes found in Laura Jackson's book Brian would probably have done that, just like John Lennon tried to do with his son Julian during the 70's. According to some of the quotes Brian seem to have loved and cared for his kids but had a hard time to be there for them as he lived for the band and the lifestyle that came with it. Sad...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2010-07-11 17:58 by tonterapi.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1959
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home