Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Brian Jones´ parents
Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: July 11, 2010 17:57

The world has moved on since the heady days of the 1960's - these were different times with different norms, social values...measured by today's standards it looks really bad, everybody @#$%& everybody, contraception was basic to say the least and responsibiltiy was not high on peoples' agendas. Brian did only what every other pop/rock musician was doing at the time. due to his good looks etc he has many girls at his call...but they had a responsibility as well as he, maybe more so since it is they who were the ones to end up alone and pregnant.

Thank god these days aren't as bad, although I think it's still pretty bad in some circles. Anyway, the point I'm making is that we shouldn't judge Brian too harshly, Mick, a someone, pointed out did just about as bad, but due to him having the money and conscience to support his misdemeanors it's kinda more socially acceptable.

Posted by: Welsh Stone ()
Date: July 11, 2010 18:08

Big Al
BeachGirl
A member of the Brian Jones Fan Club contacted me and told me Brian's parents are in a retirement home in Wales. And Brian's sister Barbara has a son and is divorced.

Thanks for passing it on. Wales is next door to the town of Cheltenham, so that figures.

It also makes sense as they're both Welsh. The added convenience of "Wales being next door to Cheltenham" is just a bonus!!!

Posted by: Marie ()
Date: July 11, 2010 20:37

crumbling_mice
The world has moved on since the heady days of the 1960's - these were different times with different norms, social values...measured by today's standards it looks really bad, everybody @#$%& everybody, contraception was basic to say the least and responsibiltiy was not high on peoples' agendas. Brian did only what every other pop/rock musician was doing at the time. due to his good looks etc he has many girls at his call...but they had a responsibility as well as he, maybe more so since it is they who were the ones to end up alone and pregnant.

Thank god these days aren't as bad, although I think it's still pretty bad in some circles. Anyway, the point I'm making is that we shouldn't judge Brian too harshly, Mick, a someone, pointed out did just about as bad, but due to him having the money and conscience to support his misdemeanors it's kinda more socially acceptable.

Date: July 11, 2010 20:40

Three of Brian's children were born by the time he was 19. The first was given up for adoption. I believe he was 16 or 17. The second, I believe he didn't know about as the woman was married and older. The third was his son by Pat Andrews.

Posted by: BackstreetGirl ()
Date: April 29, 2011 01:16

According to one of Brian's mothers relations (who is tracing his family history), Brian's father Lewis Blount Jones died in 2009.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: April 29, 2011 07:26

Except that everybody liked Bix Beiderbecke, their storys are very familiar: Solid Middle Class upbringing, musical household, early display of outsized musical ability, rebellion, inability to fit in normal society, musical triumph followed by rapid dissolution and death.

Both families rejected and downgraded their sons musical celebrity. Both clammed up after their sons early deaths. Both sons lay in graves in their hometowns, people still awed by the talent, but shaking their head at the tragedy.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 29, 2011 09:06

Peculiar thread..what about Bill Wymans grandparents then?...

2 1 2 0

Date: April 29, 2011 10:26

I think there's a curiosity about Brian's parents because so little seems to be known about how they felt about Brian, and as far as I know they refused interviews after he died. Silence is what drives the interest. If they'd come out at one point and said, "He was a good boy, except for all those tramps he knocked up. Didn't care for his music much, or that German girl, but what can you do? More tea?", then that would have been it.

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: April 29, 2011 10:40

24FPS
I think there's a curiosity about Brian's parents because so little seems to be known about how they felt about Brian, and as far as I know they refused interviews after he died. Silence is what drives the interest. If they'd come out at one point and said, "He was a good boy, except for all those tramps he knocked up. Didn't care for his music much, or that German girl, but what can you do? More tea?", then that would have been it.
Brian's father has spoken about Brian after his death at one occassion at least. But no words from his mother or sister AFAIK.

Date: April 29, 2011 19:51

Brian's father is quoted in Stanley Booth's book, but that was right after his death. He's been quoted a few other times as well. Clearly, something wasn't quite right there. Keith is quoted in Mandy Aftel's book that Brian would "sit up for two days and nights writing and rewriting letters to his parents. He'd come back from visits and say he couldn't communicate with them." A court appointed psychiatrist stated in his report that Brian had a strong resentment for his controlling and domineering mother who rejected him in favor of his sister. To be fair, the parents lost a young daughter when she was two.

Posted by: originalstones ()
Date: April 30, 2011 04:14

They are both still alive.

Rob

Posted by: Bärs ()
Date: April 30, 2011 07:41

tonterapi
Brian seem to have loved and cared for his kids but had a hard time to be there for them as he lived for the band and the lifestyle that came with it.

Joke of the day!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 30, 2011 08:21

Welsh Stone
Big Al
BeachGirl
A member of the Brian Jones Fan Club contacted me and told me Brian's parents are in a retirement home in Wales. And Brian's sister Barbara has a son and is divorced.

Thanks for passing it on. Wales is next door to the town of Cheltenham, so that figures.

It also makes sense as they're both Welsh. The added convenience of "Wales being next door to Cheltenham" is just a bonus!!!

Your crazy...next thing you'll be saying is that Tom Jones is welsh!

Posted by: tonterapi ()
Date: April 30, 2011 11:04

Bärs
tonterapi
Brian seem to have loved and cared for his kids but had a hard time to be there for them as he lived for the band and the lifestyle that came with it.

Joke of the day!
Hmm..wrong choice of words from my side.
For Brian music was always number 1 and he had no plans on being a family man or even take time to be there for them. I'm not saying that he could have been father of the year! But I don't think that he just didn't give a crap either - at least when it comes to his two sons with Pat and Linda as both of them has said that he showed signs of caring for his sons when he met them.
Since Brian's parents had showed him that it's ok to neglect kids that are born outside of wedlock and ALO convinced him that it would be better if he didn't see his kids Brian thought it was enough if he solved things finacially with the mother's of his kids. It seems like he believed that he did the right thing for them all.

That said, Some people just shouldn't have bothered to get kids and Brian was definitely one of them.

Posted by: King Bee ()
Date: April 30, 2011 14:58

originalstones
They are both still alive.

Rob

Lewis Blount Jones died on 03.09.09. His body was cremated on 09.09.09. He was 92 years old.

Date: August 4, 2012 02:10

Any news on his mother?

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: August 4, 2012 10:58

How did his infant sister die? Accident?

Posted by: MissNBrian ()
Date: August 4, 2012 12:11

Redhotcarpet
How did his infant sister die? Accident?

I think it was luekemia, but I can't remember right off hand ...I do know it was some disease sad smiley
-----------------------------

"Doctor please, some more men please,
To Cotchford Farm, out by the pool...

What a drag it is they couldn't revive him"

Brian Jones 2/28/42 - 7/2/69

Posted by: RaahenTiikeri ()
Date: August 4, 2012 14:38

if his father was 92(born in 1917?) in 2009(he died),it´s possible him mother still lives.There´s thousands of people alive born in 1917 or before.

Posted by: mitchflorida1 ()
Date: August 4, 2012 17:11

This is the only video of Mick Jagger's father we have.

Date: August 4, 2012 17:39

Pamela, who was born on 3 October 1943 and who died on 14 October 1945 of leukaemia

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: August 4, 2012 17:40

BackstreetGirl - do you or anyone else know what the finding's of Trevor Hobley investigation into Brian's death was?

Date: August 6, 2013 22:16

Brians mother died November 2011.Redruth,Cornwall.

Date: August 7, 2013 02:26

Lewis Blount Jones died in 2009.
Louisa Beatrice Simmonds died in 2011

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 9, 2013 10:38

2000 LYFH
BackstreetGirl - do you or anyone else know what the finding's of Trevor Hobley investigation into Brian's death was?

Would sure love to know! winking smiley

Date: August 9, 2013 19:04

owlbynite
2000 LYFH

This just in to our Stones newsroom: Brian Jones is still dead. At one time foul played was alleged. Action News has discovered that the alleged perpetrator of doing the dirty deed has himself dropped his mortal coil. Physical evidence from the long ago crime scene is non-existent. Any witness stepping forward would not be able to corroborate their statements and would be considered hearsay. (Or worse, trying to sell a book). Next up, Mama Panda shows off her new younguns at the National Zoo.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: August 9, 2013 19:07

I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together....

Date: August 9, 2013 19:39

Come On
I am he as you are he as you are me
And we are all together....

Come On, Come On this is a Stones forum...drinking smiley

Date: August 9, 2013 19:42

owlbynite
2000 LYFH

This is what Mock Jogger had to say:

In January 2009 Trevor/his lawyer/his detectives presented a 83 page dossier (obviously an abstract of more material) to the Sussex police. A few weeks before he stated on a Q&A thread on a (shortlived) Brian Jones fanboard: "Not only am I completely satisfied with our results but the team I have around me are too." Trevor's answers may give an impression of the issues Trevor and his team were concerned with and how they dealt with them. Here's the link: [www.createforum.com] (Trevor's user name is "editorbjfc"; he shows up after a first round of questions.)

There was a gigantic international media response in late August 2009, when a former member of Trevor's team, former BBC-producer Scott Jones, announced there'd be a reinvestigation, suggesting he had just stepped into the police office presenting the material - when that had been done seven months before, and not by him. That proved at least one thing: when people say nobody would be interested in the Brian Jones death case that's obviously dead wrong. However, finally Sussex police declined to reopen the case and let Trevor's lawyer, John Latham, know in December 2009.
Three years later Trevor's material is not publicly available. I would have thought the next logical step would be to release it. If any such plans still exist (and if not: why not), I don't know.

From what Trevor said in that Q&A thread and from some material leaked by former members of his team you can get an idea of the direction the investigation took. For example, there had been an attack on Brian's minicab driver Joan Fitzsimons ca. three weeks after Brian's death, resulting in her being blinded. Trevor said he could prove she was a witness on 2 July 1969 and was silenced after she talked about what she had seen. On the internet I saw a local newspaper article from July 1969 about the attack and a police photograph of Frank Thorogood (that infamous builder on the Rolling Stones' payroll that was - after his death in 1993 - accused by Tom Keylock to be responsible for Brian's death). Frank was interrogated over the Fitzsimons assault.

Posted by: owlbynite ()
Date: August 10, 2013 08:29

2000 LYFH
owlbynite
2000 LYFH

This is what Mock Jogger had to say:

In January 2009 Trevor/his lawyer/his detectives presented a 83 page dossier (obviously an abstract of more material) to the Sussex police. A few weeks before he stated on a Q&A thread on a (shortlived) Brian Jones fanboard: "Not only am I completely satisfied with our results but the team I have around me are too." Trevor's answers may give an impression of the issues Trevor and his team were concerned with and how they dealt with them. Here's the link: [www.createforum.com] (Trevor's user name is "editorbjfc"; he shows up after a first round of questions.)

There was a gigantic international media response in late August 2009, when a former member of Trevor's team, former BBC-producer Scott Jones, announced there'd be a reinvestigation, suggesting he had just stepped into the police office presenting the material - when that had been done seven months before, and not by him. That proved at least one thing: when people say nobody would be interested in the Brian Jones death case that's obviously dead wrong. However, finally Sussex police declined to reopen the case and let Trevor's lawyer, John Latham, know in December 2009.
Three years later Trevor's material is not publicly available. I would have thought the next logical step would be to release it. If any such plans still exist (and if not: why not), I don't know.

From what Trevor said in that Q&A thread and from some material leaked by former members of his team you can get an idea of the direction the investigation took. For example, there had been an attack on Brian's minicab driver Joan Fitzsimons ca. three weeks after Brian's death, resulting in her being blinded. Trevor said he could prove she was a witness on 2 July 1969 and was silenced after she talked about what she had seen. On the internet I saw a local newspaper article from July 1969 about the attack and a police photograph of Frank Thorogood (that infamous builder on the Rolling Stones' payroll that was - after his death in 1993 - accused by Tom Keylock to be responsible for Brian's death). Frank was interrogated over the Fitzsimons assault.

Thanks. Looks like bottom line: still a clusterf*#k. eye popping smiley

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1908
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home