Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16
Re: Newest bootleg: Roundhay Park (Live, 1982)
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 14, 2012 03:37

vox12string
I hate you folks. 5 pages to this thread, Europe & the US has it, while we Down Under twiddle our thumbs & have to wait lord knows how long. I'm going on 63 years old but there is one thing I have learned from the younger generation, & that is "I want it & I want it now!!"

Canada doesn't have it either yet.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: November 14, 2012 03:45

yes ; here in central america don't have google stuff; we need a link ....

Posted by: bass ()
Date: November 14, 2012 03:52

hockenheim95
I really like the 1981 shows but I have a problem listening to the ones from 1982. For me this concert is as unlistenable as is Napoli and Wembley....the horn section is such a mess compared to the beautiful sax plaxed by ernie watts. the guitar sound is muddy and jagger annoys me...
thumbs up

Posted by: NoCode0680 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 06:04

It's pretty damn sloppy. But I guess it has its charms. Glad to have it, but I probably won't be listening to it all that often. It wasn't a tight show by any stretch of the imagination, and I find myself wincing from time to time. But there are some highlights.

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 07:39

Maybe it's because it's just new, but I'm actually liking this better than the Hampton show. (And the band is just out there without all the safety nets they utilized in every other live show after this one. That's nice to recall. And for as breakneck and fast-paced as this show is, they do a pretty good job of keeping it together.)

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 14, 2012 07:41

Okay, this is really weird, but I'm going back and forth between Hampton '81 in my ITunes, and Roundhay Park '82 on Google. It's real easy because there is absolutely no variation at all for the first 12 songs! The thing that smacks you immediately is how damn fast the '82 numbers are being played. They all sound like the last three songs when they're on overdrive and Jumping Honky Sugar is shoved down your throat at a million miles an hour.

Personally I prefer Hampton because the songs are more defined, develop a little slower, are sexier, if that's how you like it. Man, if '82 were one click faster we could call it Chipmunk Stones. It's kind of funny. They can't even slow it down for Angie.

Date: November 14, 2012 08:18

Agree FPS, it's like they're playing with a deadline here. I will say I'm really digging Angie on this album though. I'm not even that big of an Angie guy, and I probably prefer the Brussels version (though I really like the guitar sound here) I'd say it's the highlight of the album so far. I still have another 9 tracks to go though. Well, 8. I listened to She's So Cold earlier, or started to, it's kind of a train wreck.

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: November 14, 2012 08:54

>Chantilly Lace probably was left off it for royalty reasons

They didn't play "Chantilly Lace" at this show.

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:14

[www.stonesarchivestore.com]

The Rolling Stones Live At Leeds Roundhay Park 1982 - FLAC Download

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 09:15

This is an interesting show. Now that I've listened to it a couple of times, I think that Tumbling Dice, She's So Cold, and Hang Fire are the weakest tracks here.

The whole show is just so...well, is it honestly, seriously, for real...cocaine fueled? Does that seriously account for the madness of the pacing and tempo? Do we know for sure they were hoovering the white powder that hard in '82??? If so, all members were equally coked up, because they are actually somewhat together! It doesn't always totally work in this show, but it's not bad. And there are some really nice Keith and Ronnie moments here that are just *slightly* different variations on the usual. And Mick is great, overall. (And CW and BW are just stellar too.) Still liking this release way more than I thought I would...

Date: November 14, 2012 10:04

Lien

Thanks! BTW, how on earth did you find that link? Do you have a link for mp3 as well?

When I'm searching the archive store there's nothing about this release, except for the link you posted... confused smiley

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: November 14, 2012 10:21

had the same feeling, checked 5minutes ago Stonesarchive, nothing and then at Stonesforum.nl someone posted the link..strange , but hell, don't care as long as i can grab it tonight,i'm a happy man :-)

Posted by: falo01 ()
Date: November 14, 2012 10:24

Lien

that`s funny, its even cheaper than the crappy mp3 version.

Date: November 14, 2012 10:26

falo01
Lien

Actually they dropped the price on Google Play back down to the regular $4.99 earlier this afternoon.

Date: November 14, 2012 10:27

falo01
Lien

They lowered the price again, so it's back to normal now.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: November 14, 2012 11:07

2 songs in: Ronnie plays insanely hot stuff on UMT and Whip, never heard him so fired up, brilliant! His peculiar style, his crazy funkiness shines through, I'm loving it!

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 14, 2012 13:02

I wonder if it'll come out as an mp3 on Stonesarchive, and when ?

I don't know how to fiddle about with googleplay and convert the music to itunes.

Date: November 14, 2012 13:06

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-14 13:51 by falo01.

Date: November 14, 2012 13:09

falo01
tomcasagranda

I don't know how to fiddle about with googleplay and convert the music to itunes.

mp3 only on google, never on stonesarchive

Yes it is. We have always had the option to choose mp3s at stonesarchive.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 14, 2012 13:09

Link for MP3 version on Stones Archive : [www.stonesarchivestore.com]

Posted by: Lien ()
Date: November 14, 2012 13:25

Peterdv
had the same feeling, checked 5minutes ago Stonesarchive, nothing and then at Stonesforum.nl someone posted the link..strange , but hell, don't care as long as i can grab it tonight,i'm a happy man :-)

winking smiley

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 14, 2012 13:30

Glam Descendant
>Chantilly Lace probably was left off it for royalty reasons

They didn't play "Chantilly Lace" at this show.

THey didn't play Chantilly Lace at any July 1982 shows. Last performance of that song was June 30th.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 14, 2012 13:33

teleblaster
falo01
Mathijs

Man, you get a great show from a great tour of which almost nothing was available, and from a time they still where a really great R&R band, for only 10 bucks. What’s not too like here? That we still don’t have a proper release of Chantilly Lace…..

Mathijs

1982 is the only tour where every show is available and much of them in excellent AUD quality. Only one INCOMPLETE SBD, but many other tours
are represented worse.
and yes, the absence of chantill lace is the only low point for me in this release. if there is any reason to release a 1982 show, it would have been because of chantilly lace.

Can you point me in the direction of a decent recording of the Glasgow show, then? The one I've got sounds like it was recorded in the chip shop next door.

2nd half of the Glasgow show is available in G-VG quality. Adotulipson here on IORR sent me that tape, and we put it on DIME. 1st half of the show is completely unlistenable. Maybe the worst RS recording ever

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 14, 2012 13:43

Is the version on Leeds 82 of You Can't Always Get What You Want the longest ever?

Date: November 14, 2012 13:52

DandelionPowderman
falo01
tomcasagranda

oops surprise, no serious collector ever cared for mp3 at stonesarchive, so it was unknown to me and probably most others.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 14, 2012 14:02

Just bought it on Stones Archive and I paid the usual 8 USD for the FLAC version.

W H A T A C O N C E R T

Had no doubts, by the way, always loved Napoli 82 more than anything from 81 - no technical reasons, just that is what my guts say: the intro to Miss You from Napoli is just crazy, that SAX, that SAX PLEASE!

C

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: November 14, 2012 14:09

PENDING ...

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 14, 2012 14:10

liddas
Just bought it on Stones Archive and I paid the usual 8 USD for the FLAC version.

W H A T A C O N C E R T

Had no doubts, by the way, always loved Napoli 82 more than anything from 81 - no technical reasons, just that is what my guts say: the intro to Miss You from Napoli is just crazy, that SAX, that SAX PLEASE!

C
I paid $9 for the flac on stones archive. Strange this is not the same amount for the same website.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 14, 2012 14:13

aprilfool
liddas

W H A T A C O N C E R T

C
I paid $9 for the flac on stones archive. Strange this is not the same amount for the same website.

You are right! The usual 9USD ...

C

Date: November 14, 2012 14:14

falo01
DandelionPowderman
falo01
tomcasagranda

oops surprise, no serious collector ever cared for mp3 at stonesarchive, so it was unknown to me and probably most others.

Don't be so sure. The bitrate is good winking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 16

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1748
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home