Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: PayPerView?
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:25

Smalltowns

Will the ppv be broadcasted in Germany too or is there a website where we can stream it?

SKY will broadcast.

It's also available via Internet stream for 15$. Detailed information about that on the official Rolling Stones website (Menu: Watch online).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-03 23:35 by Irix.

Posted by: mgguy ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:25

I'm going all out and ordering the HD version for my 60" sony-still cheaper than a pit ticket.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:27

Max'sKansasCity
MainStreetExile
DirecTV -- The Rolling Stones "One More Shot" PPV Event Saturday, December 15, 9 pm EST, US. $39.95 regular, $49.95 HD, channels 122 and 121, respectively. Won't be available to order until roughly two weeks before the event, so try on Monday, December 3 so you don't waste your time. They will be airing rebroadcasts as well. Order through the website so you're not charged a phone premium. Enjoy!

Charging extra for HD?
Im surprised there is not a $29.95 price for a black and white showing
maybe a 19.95 if you just want audio... $9.95 for a still picture slide show

HD is the standard... cut the crap DTV.... just give it to us for free

Bell has it in Canada 'starting at 24.99' for standard definition. NO price for HD yet.

[tvonline.bell.ca]

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:38

I guess that in France we'll have to wait for someone to tree the f&€@er !

They should organize some showings in theaters like for "Ladies and Gentlemen", that was cool, not sure it was live though...I'll have to look into satellite feeds available on 13/19.2/28.2...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-02 20:41 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Slick ()
Date: December 2, 2012 20:48

lettingitbleed
But...for Americans such as myself who have "cut the chord" and do not use sat or cable and just stream online...are there any options (a website or something) that would be offering it???
no doubt there will quite a few streams out there that night, you just have to look around then.... like going to a show without a ticket yet lol.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 2, 2012 23:37

mgguy
I'm going all out and ordering the HD version for my 60" sony-still cheaper than a pit ticket.

Once we have the HD setup... once we have upgraded with our HD TVs... once we are doing the HD thing... as they hoped we would.... as they sold us to.... as they convinced us to pay up and upgrade... talked us into buying an Xbox360/PS3s in HD.... and still they offer SD for a lower price as if is it is cheaper for them to broadacst sd? No it isnt.... once they have the HD cameras bought anmd in place it is all the same, point the camera and push GO.... Come on Media broadcasters/sellers.

Date: December 3, 2012 00:08

Max'sKansasCity
mgguy

Once we have the HD setup... once we have upgraded with our HD TVs... once we are doing the HD thing... as they hoped we would.... as they sold us to.... as they convinced us to pay up and upgrade... talked us into buying an Xbox360/PS3s in HD.... and still they offer SD for a lower price as if is it is cheaper for them to broadacst sd? No it isnt.... once they have the HD cameras bought anmd in place it is all the same, point the camera and push GO.... Come on Media broadcasters/sellers.
Agreed. But, hey, I've got people coming over. lol (and really, my HD broadcasts all sound better than SD, so I'm hoping for some killer riffs banging through!) Talk about having to purchase all the upgrades, I'm with Time Warner, don't get me started!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:18

mgguy
Max'sKansasCity
mgguy

Agreed. But, hey, I've got people coming over. lol (and really, my HD broadcasts all sound better than SD, so I'm hoping for some killer riffs banging through!) Talk about having to purchase all the upgrades, I'm with Time Warner, don't get me started!

I agree, and I am all in on the HD deal, and IT IS good quality... and it helps (sometimes) keep me off the streets and away from John Law's long arm and ever pryinger eyes and cameras... but it just pisses me off when they try to charge more of HD... and I dont pay it... I say, "that is like charging more for color TV", so either work it out... or I am going to Time Warner... or if I am with time warner, then I say I will go to dish... and I if I am with Dish I say I will go to DirecTV... and so far... I have never paid more for HD... smiling smiley

And facts be known the competition is good for the customer, I negotiate a reasonable monthly price.... and now thta Google has come to KC... it will even be better...

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 3, 2012 00:56

It would be awesome if it's on Roku!

Posted by: cookwazzahoe ()
Date: December 3, 2012 04:07

I have Direct TV and a 52 inch tv, so hd here i come!!

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: December 3, 2012 21:32

lorno578
PPV info, Verizon Fios is carrying it.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Verizon is showing the show live and they also offer a repeat on sunday 7am for the same price. I won't be able to be home neither saturday night or sunday morning. Can one RECORD a pay-per-view event? Can I record that special Rolling Stones concert event? it's $44.
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 3, 2012 21:40

OK... UK... Virgin Media... (main cable company)... are they doing it?

Posted by: grant ()
Date: December 3, 2012 21:52

They are streaming the show live, exclusively through Yahoo. You can subscribe through the official RS website.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: December 3, 2012 21:59

Ah.. my broadband won't keep up.

If it was cable I would do it.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: December 3, 2012 21:59

cookwazzahoe

size isn't that important

Date: December 3, 2012 22:02

StonesTod
cookwazzahoe

size isn't that important

Correct, Mick has small todger.

Date: December 3, 2012 23:22

grant
They are streaming the show live, exclusively through Yahoo. You can subscribe through the official RS website.

[www.rollingstones.com]

Ah yes, $15 -> [rs50.neulion.com]

This purchase will include watching "Rolling Stones Live: One More Shot" on PPV December 15,
2012 live from the Prudential Center and unlimited views On Demand for up to 30 days after event.

HD Quality
DVR Controls
Live & On Demand

Watch on your computer, iOS and Android mobile and tablet devices.

Now the question is how much bandwidth you'll need to get HD, and I suppose it will be 720p ?

Date: December 3, 2012 23:27

size is important, pixel-wise.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: December 3, 2012 23:54

Wondering if average broadband speed will be enough to avoid problems viewing this?

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: December 4, 2012 13:48

Is the Yahoo online PPV available for any country?

Date: December 4, 2012 13:59

Good point, I was wondering about that too...one would have to assume it is since it's not specified. I'm concerned my 4Mbps bandwidth won't cut it though...

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: December 4, 2012 14:15

And in Scandinavia (Sweden preferably) it will be viewed on which channel?

Date: December 4, 2012 14:33

Latest info is here : [www.rollingstones.com]

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: December 4, 2012 14:33

GravityBoy
OK... UK... Virgin Media... (main cable company)... are they doing it?

Yes - should be bookable via their on demand live events from around 8/12/12. £14.95.

Date: December 4, 2012 14:53

Thanks Gotdablouse. I'm not so sure about the accuracy on that information though. It says SVT 1 for Sweden which is a public service channel that doesn't do PPV broadcasts. Maybe we will watch it for free in Sweden then? But then again, probably not.

Date: December 4, 2012 14:55

Hehe...who knows! Maybe there are big Stones fans making decisions there. Now the question is does SVT1 have a non-georestriced quality live feed? ;-)

Date: December 4, 2012 15:01

Sorry, can't help you there. I know they have a special channel for Swedes living abroad. But I very much doubt it will be aired for free on SVT 1. It would be a nice surprise though if it did!

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: December 4, 2012 15:03

gotdablouse
Latest info is here : [www.rollingstones.com]
what I found interesting in the add was the line ONE DAY THE TOURS WILL BE OVER by Mick Jagger and also the LAST STOP of they 50 Anniversairy Celebration Tour.
Of course there might be another set of concerts, but I doubt that they will have such future nights with special guests.
I might be wrong, but some bell is ringing inside my brain eye rolling smiley

Posted by: TE ()
Date: December 4, 2012 16:51

Stoneage
Thanks Gotdablouse. I'm not so sure about the accuracy on that information though. It says SVT 1 for Sweden which is a public service channel that doesn't do PPV broadcasts. Maybe we will watch it for free in Sweden then? But then again, probably not.

In Norway they have listed TV2. Also free. But they also have some pay channels.
But since they listed SVT1 and not SVT, we can hope.
I'm in the Pit that night. Better put on my Sunday best!

TE
Oslo

Posted by: Heart for Stones ()
Date: December 4, 2012 17:26

Anybody know where and how to get a PROMOTION CODE for this PayPerView ?
Seems like you need that to be able to watch it online.

All the Best!

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home