Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10
Re: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: November 12, 2012 02:50

gotdablouse,

Thank you for that retelling.
I got excited for you reading it.

I can just imagine the walk in, not knowing what would be around each corner and at the end of each hallway!

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 12, 2012 03:30

StonesTod
angee
As for publicity, I imagine bv's attended a boatload of rehearsals in the past and no one got in then.

You do possess quite the imagination

Hahaha. Yes, I do. In this case, the first part was absolutely correct, see bv's post above.
I meant the average fan, on the second part, so of course missed the VIPs that did get in.

What do you possess?

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 12, 2012 03:44

mickscarey
JC invited me to watch 2.5 hours rehearsals in LA the day before before the Wiltern show. Other than Stones, security, and tech people, I was only one. Unreal

they rehearsed for 2 and a half hours on their day off in between their concerts at Anaheim and the Wiltern?

'Unreal' is the word.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-12 04:09 by Gazza.

Date: November 12, 2012 04:08

Brilliant stories - thanks to everyone for sharing them.

I dont buy the 'PR stunt' theory at all.

Nothing nullifies the fact the band do and will continue to deserve brickbats for their ticket prices and gouging, but it was still a very nice gesture on it's own merits that deserves to be applauded.

Delighted for everyone who got invited in - and yes, pretty jealous too. I'd have traded about 20 Stones shows just to have experienced those 52 minutes.

Posted by: william060190 ()
Date: November 12, 2012 09:07

I wouldn't have traded those 50mn inside for 20 Stones show grinning smiley
For what I've Heard after Friday's rehearsal, it wasn't a promotional on Thursday.
Just the songs they played in front of us, no warhorses, just the tunes they planned to play. Ils ont travaillé "sans filet".

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 12, 2012 10:36

Still on my cloud after this Stones months in Paris - I'm already starting to miss my friends, new or old, met around the studio or the venues.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: November 12, 2012 11:59

Checked in only just now, to read these amazing stories. I am so glad for those who
had the luck to experience this. Good job y'all. Thanks for sharing, it's giving me a big smile!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: rooster ()
Date: November 12, 2012 13:36

just like a dream

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 12, 2012 17:07

just like a dream...
i was there too
great month in bondy, the trabendo and mini trabendo!
never forget!
see ya

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 12, 2012 18:44

Good for you Antoine.
Welcome to IORR

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 12, 2012 19:15

Hey Antoine, nice to see you here! I'll always remember these times when I turned around towards Alain to see if our time was up and saw your "happy" face ;-) I think that one point he joked that it was "fini" (maybe after No Expectations so too early) and I said "on va te taper" and he said "vous pouvez toujours essayer"...the things you say when you're overexcited...but he didn't mind, you could tell he was really happy for us, great guy. So when are you booking PL for a little jam session ? ;-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-14 00:24 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: November 13, 2012 17:31

straycatblues73
bv
They do have guests at the rehearsals occationally. Usually family, friends and VIP people. It helps to be famous. I have been at many rehearsals the past few tours in Toronto, Munich, Brussels, Amsterdam, Paris etc, but I have never been invited in. They do allow one or two fans from time to time, but not the entire group being outside, like it happened on Thursday in Paris. I am pretty sure this was a one-off and not routine. The Rolling Stones are a bit unpredictable, that's the charm, but that's also the challenge.

just curious , bv , do they know you and what you've set up here ? (iorr)

good point straycat! this is the same question I always wanted to ask bv. it seems incredible he has never been invited in. this gives even more strenght and "authority" to his creature iorr.org.

Date: November 13, 2012 19:56

Well he got contacted for the video shoots based on the stickied thread so "they" must know about him, but like I said previously, in Bondy as far as I could tell he was just one of us, grooving to the music from behind that gate and totally thrilled when we got invited in.

BTW I added the Bondy "public rehearsal" on setlist.fm, feel free to check in over there and add your comments : [www.setlist.fm]

Posted by: happyparis ()
Date: November 13, 2012 23:39

Rolling Hansie
Good for you Antoine.
Welcome to IORR

hahaha!!

I didn't hear that even if i was standing next to both of u smiling smiley

Alain was a good guy! Antoine, see u on friday winking smiley
Gotablues thanks for the review, i don't need to write anything more, i couldn't do it during the last days and especially this week. I am a lot more sad than i would i expected ! This really good moment with all of u is over, i wanted it to last even longer winking smiley)))

cheers!

Date: November 14, 2012 00:26

Yeah good times indeed...so you've reserved the PL for Friday ? ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-14 00:26 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 14, 2012 02:03

If they gave me VIP passes and easy access then I would be inside and not outside. I like it outside, but I still like it inside, if you see what I mean...

Bjornulf

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: November 14, 2012 19:08

bv
If they gave me VIP passes and easy access then I would be inside and not outside. I like it outside, but I still like it inside, if you see what I mean...
You like it both ways?eye popping smiley

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 14, 2012 19:52

sweetcharmedlife
bv
You like it both ways?eye popping smiley
LOLsmileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: November 15, 2012 10:49

gotdablouse
In the end we stayed 52 minutes on the mezzanine and it concluded with Mick thanking us for our support, for standing outside for hours, saying he didn’t understand why we did that

More of the same here for the support of fans in general and that probably explains why we were let in : [www.usatoday.com] :

Jagger says by phone from a rehearsal venue in Paris : "Of course, I don't know the answer to our longevity, one of the important things is that we always had such amazing appreciative fans. If they didn't exist to keep this afloat, the Rolling Stones wouldn't exist.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-15 14:11 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: November 15, 2012 13:51

Well done BV - a reward for all your persistence over the years!

Posted by: king ()
Date: November 15, 2012 14:52

Do you think they will do a similar gesture in london whilst their practicing?

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: November 15, 2012 17:47

JumpingKentFlash
mickscarey
JC invited me to watch 2.5 hours rehearsals in LA the day before before the Wiltern show. Other than Stones, security, and tech people, I was only one. Unreal

Did you do a deal with him?

Nope. Over the years became real good friends. Good guy. Used to travel with a tea pot and toaster as that's all he ever wanted for breakfast!

Date: November 15, 2012 17:49

Gazza
mickscarey

they rehearsed for 2 and a half hours on their day off in between their concerts at Anaheim and the Wiltern?

'Unreal' is the word.

Yep. Unless I have the day wrong. I had called JC to see if he wanted to go to a pub just to hang out that day and he made the "counter-offer"

Date: November 15, 2012 18:57

Thats interesting.

Did the whole band rehearse? Seems strange they'd do that on the one day they had off. And at such length. I'm not doubting your word or anything, but thats quite unusual for them to do that unless they had some specific purpose to do it like a movie shoot or something..Solomon Burke played at the Wiltern - maybe they were working on 'Everybody needs somebody' for his guest appearance?

I think you have the date right OK - Zentgraf's site mentions a rehearsal at the Wiltern on the 3rd

021103A 3rd November: Los Angeles, California, Wiltern Theater. Rehearsals.

The Staples Arena show was 31/10, Anaheim 2/11 and the Wiltern was 4/11 (I was at the first two but rs.com wouldnt sell fan club packages if you lived outside N America so I couldnt buy a ticket for the theatre show... angry smiley)

They had no shows prior to LA after Atlanta on 26/10 (although Keith played with Waddy on the 28th, Woody played with Dave Navarro's band on the 30th and Keith, Charlie and Darryl also played on a Tim Ries studio session on the 30th.

Quite a busy week!

Date: November 15, 2012 18:58

mickscarey
JumpingKentFlash
mickscarey

Did you do a deal with him?

Nope. Over the years became real good friends. Good guy. Used to travel with a tea pot and toaster as that's all he ever wanted for breakfast!

You wouldnt half know he was Irish...lol

Date: November 15, 2012 19:22

Yep. I did. That helped as he knew my wife too and her mother was born in Ireland.

Date: November 15, 2012 19:22

Gazza
Thats interesting.

Did the whole band rehearse? Seems strange they'd do that on the one day they had off. And at such length. I'm not doubting your word or anything, but thats quite unusual for them to do that unless they had some specific purpose to do it like a movie shoot or something..Solomon Burke played at the Wiltern - maybe they were working on 'Everybody needs somebody' for his guest appearance?

I think you have the date right OK - Zentgraf's site mentions a rehearsal at the Wiltern on the 3rd

021103A 3rd November: Los Angeles, California, Wiltern Theater. Rehearsals.

The Staples Arena show was 31/10, Anaheim 2/11 and the Wiltern was 4/11 (I was at the first two but rs.com wouldnt sell fan club packages if you lived outside N America so I couldnt buy a ticket for the theatre show... angry smiley)

They had no shows prior to LA after Atlanta on 26/10 (although Keith played with Waddy on the 28th, Woody played with Dave Navarro's band on the 30th and Keith, Charlie and Darryl also played on a Tim Ries studio session on the 30th.

Quite a busy week!

Then I think I do have it correct. It was a LONG rehearsal. Mick did not stay as long as the others.

Date: November 16, 2012 02:41

Thanks for the info!

JC was always very nice to me too (my mum is from the same part of Ireland where he was born, which didnt do any harm!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-16 02:48 by Gazza.

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:21

Me Too Gazza!

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 16, 2012 04:22

Gazza
Brilliant stories - thanks to everyone for sharing them.

I dont buy the 'PR stunt' theory at all.

Nothing nullifies the fact the band do and will continue to deserve brickbats for their ticket prices and gouging, but it was still a very nice gesture on it's own merits that deserves to be applauded.

Delighted for everyone who got invited in - and yes, pretty jealous too. I'd have traded about 20 Stones shows just to have experienced those 52 minutes.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 8 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1985
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home