Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10
Re: public rehearsal !!!!
Posted by: micwer ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:18

StonesTod
Green Lady
carlostones10
What a Stones Planet Brazil reader said me now. Sorry, it´s a google translate. I am working and I can´t to do better.

"When they arrived here (Stones in Paris) were about 4 or 5 in front of the studio, now after almost un month were about 40 people outside when the safety picked us fans, 5 at a time, and ushered everyone . Might attend rehearsals!! present were Bjorn IORR and the face of such Rockerparis. think that soon there will be summaries on the internet already. my friend was too excited on the phone to give me the details. "

Did he just say bv got in?

first i've heard that he officially changed his last name, but i definitely saw this coming...

Post of the day!

Date: November 9, 2012 01:20

From RockerParis:

"Chuck is in charge [of] telling the band what to do"

eye rolling smiley

Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:21

Gazza
That would have been fantastic and much more special and unique than any show IMO.

I couldn't agree more. Honestly though, I would probably have a hard time resisting the urge to request some songs.

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:23

Thanks for these comments ! Like a dream ! Lucky guys !spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Re: Fans invited into the Paris rehearsals - lifetime experience
Posted by: Tajlibar ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:29

So sad i wasn't there today, but very happy for those who did. Any chance they do it again tomorrow ? does somebody know ?

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:36

good of the stones to do it for the fans or odinary people passing by.
NOT SO DOOM AND GLOOM.
ITS ONLY ROCK-ROLL BUT WE LIKE IT.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:37

I was happy to be there. Right now I am writing up some memories on the following page, please refresh for updates as I add more during the next hour or so:

[www.iorr.org]

PS. They are finishing up now in Paris. Time to move on. I think it will take a long time until next time they do something similar, because they can not do it if the crowd is too big. A number of 20-30 is the maximum they can handle improvised unfortunately. So sad for those who could not make it, and for those who were there, but left just minutes before we were invited in and so on.

Bjornulf

Posted by: DartfordRenegade ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:38

Wow what a fantastic experience. This is really cool for the fans that were there.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:42

Very nice and encouraging news. Hope there will be more things like this in the future.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:13

They should do a rehearsal tour.

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:16

Congratulations, Bjornjulf, on a once-in-a-lifetime experience! There is no one more deserving of this opportunity. I hope your heart rate returns to normal soon!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:17

Fantastic bv, well done & well deserved. Hope to see you somewhere at the London shows (I'm doing both) and in Newark (15th).

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:21

bv
I was happy to be there. Right now I am writing up some memories on the following page, please refresh for updates as I add more during the next hour or so:

[www.iorr.org]

PS. They are finishing up now in Paris. Time to move on. I think it will take a long time until next time they do something similar, because they can not do it if the crowd is too big. A number of 20-30 is the maximum they can handle improvised unfortunately. So sad for those who could not make it, and for those who were there, but left just minutes before we were invited in and so on.

You lucky old bastard!

What on earth were you doing there anyway?

Well done.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:30

That's what I asked him when I saw him arrive at the rehearsals yesterday afternoon after first meeting him at the Trabendo, his answer was that he wanted to hear the Stones, hey, nothing wrong with that! And next thing I know I was just to his right on the balcony tonight...these are good "Stones days" ! BTW you've got PM Gazza ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 02:32 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rip This ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:33

feel good posts...very nice all around....a real moment in time for those that got in and thanks for sharing.

Date: November 9, 2012 03:33

bv

[www.iorr.org]

That's awesome BV! With all the crap that's gone on with the ticket prices etc they do that. Fantastic! Congratulations!

Posted by: ndhan ()
Date: November 9, 2012 03:42

BV--I really love reading your description of this incredible experience. So happy you were there at just the right moment. I too cherish certain moments when I've been moved to tears watching this band I have loved for so long. It feels like family in a way. Lurker Nancy

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 9, 2012 03:49

And just in case anybody think so - No. Mick did not call. Neither Ronnie, Keith or anyone else. I just wanted to be there, like I spend most of my time close to the band if I can. But it was great to be there, even if I have days and days of work to catch up on now back home... But this is now. Work must wait. See you in London!

Bjornulf

Posted by: Borncrosseyed ()
Date: November 9, 2012 03:52

WOW Bjornulf! So happy for you. I got chills just reading your review!
Congratulations Brother! And thank you for sharing.
You certainly deserved that special moment!

Cheers!

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: November 9, 2012 03:57

bv

The Rolling Stones
Rehearsals special
Paris, France
Thursday November 8, 2012
The songs

Live With Me
One More Shot (3 times)
No Expectations
Worried About You
That's How Strong My Love Is (multiple restarts)
Litte Red Rooster

Memories by Bjørnulf Vik
The biggest dream of my life

I was there tonight. It was special and emotional. We were 30 or so lucky fans who happened to be at the right place at the right time. Thanks to the Rolling Stones for taking so much care of their fans. It was a rare moment and first in history I think. First I was not sure if I could or should write anything about tonight. The moment felt private. Intimate. But then I am thinking about the two million Rolling Stones fans who visit my site IORR.org every year. They could not come today. We wre only 30 or so, and I want to share my memories and happines with friends and all other Stones fans, all over the world. To tell you about a moment in Stones time that made time stand still for an hour or so.

BV, you are one lucky man.
Loved your review.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-09 11:29 by bv.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: November 9, 2012 04:09

Fantastic BV, what an amazing experience, truly once in a lifetime. Thanks for sharing, and congratulations.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 9, 2012 04:13

Im glad you chose to share with us... Thanks.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: November 9, 2012 04:22

@#$%&' AWESOME!!!

Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: November 9, 2012 04:58

wow, they're being really generous!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 9, 2012 05:01

kowalski
Report from RockerParis on today's rehearsals here : [rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

I don't know about the rest of you, but from reading the Rocker Paris blog account of the rehearsals I find it hilarious that One More Shot went off "with several false starts and Mick reading the lyrics on his laptop". Mick and the band can't seem to get the hang of such a basic, straightforward song, or maybe they just don't like it all that much. No one should expect to hear this one live--unless Mick is prepared to phone it in via teleprompter.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: November 9, 2012 06:16

Gazza
That would have been fantastic and much more special and unique than any show IMO.

Great gesture and something that as far as I'm aware they've never done before.

Absolutely.

Posted by: Neil F ()
Date: November 9, 2012 06:49

Congrats to you Bjornulf and thanks for sharing. Your references to the Roseland are particularly significant to me since I was lucky enough to be at that show. I wish they would release that show on CD and DVD. Thanks for the emotional description...

Date: November 9, 2012 07:41

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
bv

[www.iorr.org]

That's awesome BV! With all the crap that's gone on with the ticket prices etc they do that. Fantastic! Congratulations!

It's called Damage Control. Or guilt, or something.

Date: November 9, 2012 07:47

Thanks BV, that was a great read. I agree with the other guys - I can't think of any one more deserving than you!

Cheers from NYC

Posted by: angee ()
Date: November 9, 2012 07:56

Wow, thanks to bv and rockerparis for their reviews and much applause (and envy) for
all who made it to the rehearsal.

Incredibly special, the best, is what it sounds like.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12345678910Next
Current Page: 2 of 10

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1508
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home