Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20
Re: ONE MORE SHOT (listen here!)
Posted by: Ross ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:45

Nothing great, but good, clean Stonesy fun. I particularly like it from the "I Love you..love you..love you" part to the end including the guitar solo. Probably won't get heavy rotation, but it makes me smile!

Ross

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:46

Boy is singing along with this one gonna make you look stupid at the O2!
eye rolling smiley

Date: November 7, 2012 23:47

georgelicks
The second new song on GRRR!

I take back everything I just said about these greedy bastards! They are worth every penny! This is absolutely "Killer"!

Posted by: His Majesty ()

stones by numbers, zzz.

Posted by: bam ()

Not terrible. It doesn't break new ground. (I also here a bit of "Don't Stop" in here.) But it's a Stones song.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:48

When did the Stones become AC/DC obsessed? Both D&G and One More Shot have some kind of ACD/DC flavour...

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:49

Damning it with faint praise is all too easy - Talk is Cheap leftover, Stones by numbers - but I rather like it anyway. Not Gimme Shelter but the best Keith song in many years which isn't saying much. Jagger sounds great.

Posted by: Doxa ()

A Winos leftover?

I mean, if "Doom & Gloom"" is 'too much Jagger solo', this definitively is 'too much Richards solo'. Keith seemingly is not recovered from emptying all his musical ideas (what was there left) to MAIN OFFENDER.

I got terribly bored by the half of it (the first listening). Maybe it will grow on me later...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 23:51 by Doxa.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()

"nah nah nah nah nah"
"yeah yeah yeah"
"loveyou loveyou loveyou"

The first 20 seconds are great, after that it just farts around with no direction. Horrible chorus.

Don't Stop is miles ahead of this. Will not get played again by me.

Date: November 7, 2012 23:52

It's not bad - good filler material I guess.

Posted by: Rockwoman ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:53

flacnvinyl
"nah nah nah nah nah"
"yeah yeah yeah"
"loveyou loveyou loveyou"

The first 20 seconds are great, after that it just farts around with no direction. Horrible chorus.

Don't Stop is miles ahead of this. Will not get played again by me.

Don't care what you say but this is awesome. In my mind this is up their with best ie doo doo doo, ruby Tuesday and can't you see me knokin

Date: November 7, 2012 23:54

JumpinJackOLantern
georgelicks
The second new song on GRRR!

I take back everything I just said about these greedy bastards! They are worth every penny! This is absolutely "Killer"!

Now, just give us eight more just as good and we will have a new album we can be very proud of. The latest two are both "Killer" and are light years better than anything on ABB. Having said that I am still not letting them off the hook for the high cost of tickets. Or did I?

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:54

Great tribute to ACDC

HMN

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:56

Have to forget new songs, best are in the vaults. All the available deluxe re-editions are the great example. Just my opinion.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:58

Doom and Gloom is miles better.

This is so so.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 7, 2012 23:59

Honestman
Great tribute to ACDC

thumbs up

Wasn't Keith fan of the band at the end of the 70's ?

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:01

I do think these two are miles better than the Licks tracks, more's the pity they couldn't have put a bit more effort in and given us a few more. Who knows, I might even have parted with money for four or five but I'm not buying GRRR for two tracks.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:02

not bad but again just another typical stones rocker

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:03

I think it sounds ok but Doom & Gloom is the far better song in my opinion. D&G has the better groove.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:03

Jeeeez shock horror ...it sounds like the Stones ....cool..

But maybe they'd got more praise if they'd have stolen a Muddy Waters
riff and got Mick ta sing over it in Roger Waters style about some Sudanese soldiers

ROCKMAN

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:05

henrik87
I think it sounds ok but Doom & Gloom is the far better song in my opinion. D&G has the better groove.

Yes and that groove had been missing for a very long time...

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:05

Doom and Gloom and One more Shot are better than the new songs on Fourty Licks, I did not expect more and it is not the worst way to stop.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:07

This is a rather strong message that Keith is not inspired one inch trying to come up with a typical Winos/Stones rocker any longer. This is as inspired, fresh and original as his pirate image noawdays (= boring and predictable).

He seeimingly does it when Jagger asks that (A BIGGER BANG material, whatever of it is his) and now this. First Richards original for seven years. Seven years to have ideas, and then all we got is this.

No wonder they are not keen on making a new album, as Ronnie said some days ago - a creative work sounds too tough game for them (Keith?) nowadays.

Damnit!

- Doxa

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:07

I'd buy a cd single of these new two but not GGGR to get them, see how they pan out live I guess..............

Posted by: thrak ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:08

I like it but it really sounds like You Shook Me All Night Long (slower). Anyway happy.

Posted by: jp.M ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:10

I like it !!!very well in the Stones style.....(can't understand some comments here)

Posted by: JJHMick ()

Many of the later day "real" Stones rockers sound like a mixture of Highwire and I Go Wild. Actually, those two songs are probably under my ten favourite Stones (rocker) songs.

jazzbass
I like it. Y'all can suck it.

I absolutely love it! Any song that makes me feel good inside and gives me goosebumps is a great song. This one delivers. I want more!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:11

Highwire75
combo of Street Fighting Man and Take it so Hard !!!!!!

Yep, that's about how it sounds to me too. Overall verdict - poor ! And not only poor, but just serves to reinforce my larger belief that they really are not that f***ing interested any more, and it's all too much of a bloody effort ... and so on and so on. There's not an original sound in there.

That doesn't mean to say that I'm not dying to see them again at the O2, because I am, but as something to knock out as part of the much vaunted "50 and counting celebrations" ... pretty weak effort !

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Virgin Priest ()
Date: November 8, 2012 00:12

I think it´s almost impossible to rate these new songs without the context of an album.

G&D and OMS are no Mid-60s-Monster-Singles and they are not part of a song sequence on a regular CD. In fact, to my ears they come out of nowhere.

I bet, OMS would have done fine as an album closer – better than It Must Be Hell.

Priest

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 2 of 20

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1657
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home