Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

GRRRRetailllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: November 7, 2012 20:47

I've passed the GRR! pop-up shop in Carnaby Street London a few times this week, prior to it opening.
Upstairs (at street level) there is a long rack of various t-shirts and display cube shelving with various assorted merchandise, along the lines of mugs, music box sets, etc. It really is a street equivalent of the RS.com online store for all intents and purposes.

What is not fathomable though, is what lurks down the stairs at the basement level, a Gregory compound.. an indoor banana plantation, a humble stockroom, or, maybeeee, a space suitable to have a impromptu gig in....

Cheers,
SonicD

P.S. Gregory has demonstrated an uncharacteristically taciturn demeanour of late, perhaps they are about to unleash the Gorilla again!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-07 20:51 by SonicDreamer.

Re: GRRRRetailllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
Date: November 8, 2012 20:15

Well the shop is about as wild as a vertically challenged plastic gorilla that an elephant has trampled on. Quite a lot of space in the basement though. Some cool t-shirts and that's about it. And I've seen more punters at an underwater croquet championship match...

Cheers,
SonicD

Posted by: DoomNGloom ()
Date: November 8, 2012 20:23

SonicDreamer
I've passed the GRR! pop-up shop in Carnaby Street London a few times this week, prior to it opening.
Upstairs (at street level) there is a long rack of various t-shirts and display cube shelving with various assorted merchandise, along the lines of mugs, music box sets, etc. It really is a street equivalent of the RS.com online store for all intents and purposes.

What is not fathomable though, is what lurks down the stairs at the basement level, a Gregory compound.. an indoor banana plantation, a humble stockroom, or, maybeeee, a space suitable to have a impromptu gig in....

Cheers,
SonicD

P.S. Gregory has demonstrated an uncharacteristically taciturn demeanour of late, perhaps they are about to unleash the Gorilla again!!!

Well, it's been a Rolling Stones Halloween, and will be a Rolling Stones Thanksgiving. Might as well make it a Rolling Stones Christmas too! How about a Rolling Stones New Year?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 8, 2012 20:31

Carnaby Stores

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: November 8, 2012 20:31

When's it open? Monda ywhen GRRR is released?

I'm itchin

\m/

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 8, 2012 20:34

Carnaby have collaborated with The Rolling Stones for this year’s Christmas decorations which have been co-designed by the legendary Rock ‘n’ roll band.

The installation will launch on Thursday 8 November from 5.30pm on Carnaby Street, with a live countdown by rock chic DJ and presenter Goldierocks, a rock ‘n’ roll dance performance and DJ set. You can also get your hands on one of the limited edition Carnaby Rolling Stones canvas bags being given out on the night.

The stunning decorations will tell a visual story of the band’s creation in the 1960’s to the present day. The Rolling Stones pop up shop at 10 Carnaby Street will also be launching on the night selling limited edition apparel and prints.

Christmas lights

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 8, 2012 20:38

Thanks for that Deltics. I've read something similar, but I can't seem to find out when GRRR will be available. From tonight when the lights are switched on. Or Monday on the albums official release date.

Cus if you can get it before monday, then I'm getting on the train Saturday

Date: November 8, 2012 20:52

Shop opened today, but no Gregory GRRR! sounds on sale until the release date.

Cheers,
SonicD

Date: November 9, 2012 11:40

Thanks SonicDreamer. Saved me trip to the smoke today!!! smiling smiley

\m/

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1848
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home