Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rehearsal take Rock and Roll curcus on Dutch TV
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: December 21, 2004 22:30

Just saw a rehearsal take of you can't always get what you want (black / white) on Dutch tv, taken from The Rock and Roll Circus. It was only about a minute, but it was a total different version than the one on the dvd! I knew the version from the cd-boots, but I never saw it on screen. It's also not on the old bootleg video which had some different stuff. Anybody know this diff. version?Does anybody have it complete? Where does Dutch tv get this one from? And is it even legal to put it on the air!

Re: Rehearsal take Rock and Roll curcus on Dutch TV
Date: December 21, 2004 23:07

I want to join this rock 'n roll cursus.
When will it start ??
Is from teleac ??

Schuine

Date: December 21, 2004 23:22

shit.........

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 21, 2004 23:49

Did you record it Shrimp? What was the show?

JumpingKentFlash

Date: December 22, 2004 00:05

Pop quiz a go-go. Didn't record it, had no clue it was coming! (I knew the answer to the question though.....)

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: December 22, 2004 00:08

I saw a two minutes video of a Stones gig in Vienna from the 80ies on Austrian television. Perfect picture quality! Can't remember if it was silent footage - I also wondered where they got it from an whether they had the whole concert... Maybe I should email them.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 22, 2004 00:22

On Danish TV there was a programme called "Parken" which was about the Danish national stadium. One episode featured the Macca concert in 2003 and there were snippets of Robbie Williams and Stones 2003 also. I recorded it.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 22, 2004 04:16

i have this version complete in black n white boot video

Date: December 22, 2004 11:09

Where did you get this from (you're sure it's not the famous video-boot version: Jagger sitting on the ground / close up shot / black and white)?

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 22, 2004 11:10

This version, as well as the scond version of Yet Blues and a second version of SFTD has been around on video for at least 15 years.

Mathijs

Date: December 22, 2004 11:11

Mathijs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This version, as well as the scond version of Yet
> Blues and a second version of SFTD has been around
> on video for at least 15 years.
>
> Mathijs

I know Mathijs, but I saw yet another version.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 22, 2004 11:32

No, I watched the pop quiz too, it is the version that has been around on video's fo years. I don't know if these versions are available on DVD actually.

Mathijs

Date: December 22, 2004 11:43

The version I have, is in my collection for about ten years. but the shot from Jagger sitting down was diff. than the b/w version I have. So if you have the Dutch tv version, that makes 3 takes. Maybe I have in my collection yet another one....(this I only have on video from an old BBC Broadcast).

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: December 22, 2004 12:27

KeithRichards Wrote:
> I saw a two minutes video of a Stones gig in
> Vienna from the 80ies on Austrian television.
> Perfect picture quality! Can't remember if it was
> silent footage - I also wondered where they got it
> from an whether they had the whole concert...
> Maybe I should email them.
>
>

There was an Austrian TV "ohne Maulkorb" special about the '82 Vienna concert shown on Austrian TV not long after the concert. Maybe it was from that or else just news footage of the gig which would have been shown at the time?

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: December 22, 2004 12:54

Thanks Gazza!
I just can't remember on which show I've seen it, but it was only about a year ago...I guess they used clips from the "ohne Maulkorb" special you mentioned. They also interviewed some (popular) Austrian singers about the Stones concert. They left early because they thought it was very bad...

Do you think it would be worth emailing them and ask if they have the whole show?
The clips they showed were from different songs, so probably they taped it all? But I guess someone might have already asked them...

There also was a rumour some years ago that there is lots of stuff in the ORF archives, they also said they discovered some Stones stuff. It's already long time ago and I can't remember properly, just know that there was something with Stones content.

Posted by: mikey ()
Date: December 22, 2004 13:14

While all this debate about which version is which is truly touching has anybody considered using a bit of iniative and contacting the tV company to track down their source - as Travino did recently?

That way you might actually acquire something of merit. Certainly a lot better than the degraded boot video you are all referring back to.

If you don't ask you don't get.

Date: December 22, 2004 13:14

I e-mailed to the broadcast company about the take shown from the Rock and Roll Circus. Get back about this when / if they reply.

Date: December 22, 2004 13:16

Mikey, you ask, we deliver! Posted at the same time I guess!

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: December 22, 2004 13:33

no its not that one with jagger on the floor
its the famous boot version, now i wish i had it

Date: December 22, 2004 15:21

Hi Shrimp I'm humbled!

Let's hope the film library the researchers for this show sourced has a whole slew of goodies that can be accessed.

Oh for a broadcast standard copy of BOTH days Marquee '71.

Now that would be the ultimate Christmas present!

Date: January 11, 2005 14:20

Got my answer today. It's a rare PRIVATE tape (complete) from an independent library. The tv show has no licence to give me a copy for private use. So there may be a diff. cut from the whole show laying around somewhere. and I do not mean the two known versions.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: January 11, 2005 17:53

If Criterion (rather than Abkco) did the R & R C dvd, maybe we'd have gobs of bonus extras instead of Yer Blues 2, Brian Intro'ing Julius Katchen & Bill the clowns.

Date: January 11, 2005 20:18

I would suggest that a possible useful strategy would be to approach the private library direct with the entirely plausible rationale of being engaged in the compilation of a guide to Stones on Film and TV in the 60's and 70's. "The Missing Archives".

Might be an angle worth trying.

Date: January 11, 2005 20:28

mikey Wrote:
> I would suggest that a possible useful strategy
> would be to approach the private library direct
> with the entirely plausible rationale of being
> engaged in the compilation of a guide to Stones on
> Film and TV in the 60's and 70's. "The Missing
> Archives".
>
> Might be an angle worth trying.

It would, but they will not give me the name of the library.............

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: October 7, 2009 19:08

Isn't this in the possesion of the same guy (don't remeber his name) who also has a whole lotta stuff from the Beatles that never saw daylight? Saw a doc. about him once, his house is covered with RARE items. He's Dutch, that I know.

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: October 7, 2009 19:15

slasausjes
Isn't this in the possesion of the same guy (don't remeber his name) who also has a whole lotta stuff from the Beatles that never saw daylight? Saw a doc. about him once, his house is covered with RARE items. He's Dutch, that I know.

You mean Fenno Werkman, slasausjes?

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Posted by: the juf ()
Date: October 7, 2009 19:16

by the way, how about Uitzending Gemist? If anyone cares to post the link, then all non-Dutchies can even see for themselves.

[www.paulinestroosnijder.com]

Posted by: CBII ()
Date: October 7, 2009 19:20

My god! You mean to tell me that DVD & CD are 14 years old already. I have both the CD and DVD and still watch / listen to them on a regular basis. Maybe the Dutch television will be released at some point. The other obvious place to look for it is youtube...

My favorite is still Parachute Woman. I was totally surprised when they started playing it.

CBII

Posted by: slasausjes ()
Date: October 7, 2009 19:21

the juf
slasausjes

You mean Fenno Werkman, slasausjes?

That's sounds just right.

Posted by: silkcut1978_ ()
Date: October 7, 2009 19:58

KeithRichards
I saw a two minutes video of a Stones gig in Vienna from the 80ies on Austrian television. Perfect picture quality! Can't remember if it was silent footage - I also wondered where they got it from an whether they had the whole concert... Maybe I should email them.

Austria TV (ORF) received a tape with one entire song (Can't Always Get) and 2 other incomplete ones (Thumb and I think Whip, but I'm not too sure anymore) from the Stones (management).

The rehearsal take of Rock'n Roll Circus / Can't Always Get was traded in the 80s on VHS-tapes. At least that's where I got my copy from. Again - as far as I remember - I have the complete song on video.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1408
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home