Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Amazing Jagger at Cirkus Krone
Date: November 6, 2012 10:10

This was the debut for Nearness Of You, no?

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: November 6, 2012 10:40

DandelionPowderman
This was the debut for Nearness Of You, no?

Correct.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: November 6, 2012 11:54

liddas
otonneau
All Down The Line: Jagger hits the high notes with amazing force, I know no other 1995-2007 version where he does it like this, just as good (although different in "tone") as 72. Love it! Unfortunately the riff is full of holes...

I know I can't argue with you on the quality of Jagger's vocal delivery, but I truly don't hear any holes in the guitar section. We may discuss a couple of bum notes, or Ronnie's psychedelic solo, if you want, but over all a good performance.

In any case the BEST of all live versions of All Down The line, and I mean since the song was released on Exile and forever, is the bomb that rocked Dubendorf in 2006 ... ABSOLUTE KILLER!!!

C

Never heard the Dusseldorf version, will look out for it.

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 6, 2012 12:18

otonneau
liddas
otonneau
All Down The Line: Jagger hits the high notes with amazing force, I know no other 1995-2007 version where he does it like this, just as good (although different in "tone") as 72. Love it! Unfortunately the riff is full of holes...

I know I can't argue with you on the quality of Jagger's vocal delivery, but I truly don't hear any holes in the guitar section. We may discuss a couple of bum notes, or Ronnie's psychedelic solo, if you want, but over all a good performance.

In any case the BEST of all live versions of All Down The line, and I mean since the song was released on Exile and forever, is the bomb that rocked Dubendorf in 2006 ... ABSOLUTE KILLER!!!

C

Never heard the Dusseldorf version, will look out for it.

Dubendorf (small town close to Zurich)

I can mail it to you, if you want!

C

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: November 6, 2012 12:28

I think it truly is a terrible show, but much of it is due to the sound quality. That just emphesizes each and every mistake by the guitarists, and focusses too much on Chuck. Highilghts: I find Jagger amazing on this gig, and even though it must be one of Richards' worst shows, his two solo songs are absolute highlights.

Mathijs

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: November 6, 2012 18:59

Mick was dialed in at the Krone gig. Lots of energy. He was really having some fun. The mix at this gig was kind of strange from my perspective. Guitars were poorly mixed early on and then it got better. It could have been that the high heat had something to do with tunings falling out. We were about half way back just off the standing area down below.This was one of the hottest temperature gigs I ever attended. It was a steam bath in there! Keith was so exhausted at the end of Can't Turn You Loose he could barely play. It was a fun night though and a memorable show for me at such a cool venue. Extra bonus was Augustiner Keller just down the block. At the wrist band transfer the day before the biergarten was packed with Stones fans from all over the world. A beautuful day!

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 7, 2012 00:13

Mathijs
I think it truly is a terrible show, but much of it is due to the sound quality. That just emphesizes each and every mistake by the guitarists, and focusses too much on Chuck. Highilghts: I find Jagger amazing on this gig, and even though it must be one of Richards' worst shows, his two solo songs are absolute highlights.

Mathijs

You obviously weren't there on that unique March night in 2003. Just imagine 45+degrees Celsius .... Keith (right in front of me) worked his balls off! After the last song he was standing next to Charlie's drums for many minutes, pale and totally finished. The energy those guys put into the show was amazing! Who, apart from pick noses, cares about mistakes .... just screen the comments ... anyone who wasn't there can only be jealous.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1615
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home