Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Amazing Jagger at Cirkus Krone
Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: November 3, 2012 20:39

I was there, frist to get! I stand frontrow, in the middle of the stage, right in front of Mick and Keith. What a terrific show! The best I've ever seen! Glad to have this version. Haven't seen the whole show yet, just small bits. Looking forward seeing it later on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-03 20:40 by Christiaan.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: November 3, 2012 21:37

otonneau
A generous fan has uploaded the soundboard recording of Cirkus Krone; what a night for Jagger! I think one of the most amazing performances I've heard from him. That's how strong, Stray Cat, even tired war horses like BS: he's really SINGING and Rocking like a powerfouse. Loved it! But the guitars, dear me, what a pity - they ruin the night and I guess that's why we got Olympia and not Krone on Four Flicks. With the fixed tempos they use these days I'd love to copy-paste Jagger's astonishing performance on music from another night!

This is one of these recordings when you think Jagger must be pissed off he has to play with these two erratic blokes when he is SMOKING.

Fully agree. I've always thought. considering his age at the time, that Licks was one of Micks best tours full stop. He really pushed it and went for notes he hadn't gone for for decades. Unfortunately, at the same time Keiths decline had begun and Ronnie, after a strong start on the tour, by the Euro leg was at times playing like someone who'd just recently picked up a guitar. This gig was one of those times.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: November 3, 2012 21:48

[quote="still ill"

Fully agree. I've always thought. considering his age at the time, that Licks was one of Micks best tours full stop. He really pushed it and went for notes he hadn't gone for for decades. Unfortunately, at the same time Keiths decline had begun and Ronnie, after a strong start on the tour, by the Euro leg was at times playing like someone who'd just recently picked up a guitar. This gig was one of those times.[/quote]

I agree 100 percent. Jagger was on fire in 2003 but the guitarists' decline had started.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-03 21:50 by windmelody.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 3, 2012 23:12

My experience regarding those European club gigs is that the reviews from them were always overwhelming although, if you listen to the recordings, they were not that impressive. As Otonneau mentions, Jagger is the one that seems to benefit the most from the format. Maybe because he could concentrate more on singing rather than running around? Richards and Wood do not, as Otonneau also said, benefit from the format. On songs like "Stray Cat Blues" they seem to indulge in cock ups. I have the "Cirkus" boot (Stockholm) which is considered a 5 star boot but I must say I hardly ever listen to it.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: November 4, 2012 00:15

All this of course does not mean that those who loved the show should now throw their memories away! I remember having a similar experience when listening to the wonderful concert of Ken Boothe in Paris, years ago: the concert was amazing, a truly priviledged moment, but on tape it sounded awful.

I agree with stoneage that not having to run around surely benefits Jagger. On stadium shows, if you only heard the audio you'd often think he's incapable of holding a note - until you realize from the visual that he's jumping about like mad. Actually I think he could move about less and sing more. What most disturbs me sometimes is that there seems to be no correlation between the limbs and the voice, no "unity" of his energy: for instance on Rocks Off (94-95) or Sway (BB tour) it seems that he is uncomfortable with the voice, struggles to project, yet gesticulates as if to cover up the lack of power in the most important department - the voice. This odd disjunction between crazy gesticulations and singing is surely caused by the stadium format: on the one hand, one must entertain from afar and move as much as possible, on the other hand people hardly truly listen to the singing. Jagger is a pro and in the stadium the experience is amazing: but on video, with close-ups and all, it makes me uncomfortable. Even in clubs he tends to move too much I think, but having a bit less space he still concentrates more on actually "being there", having a true coherent feel, and sometimes like at Krone he's very, very impressive.

Posted by: KeithDaMan ()
Date: November 4, 2012 01:28

I also had the privilege attending this show, among all my stones shows attended this one is the top. Why? Everything you can't capture was perfect, the atmosphere, the setting, the feel, I don't know how to describe.

Managed to get in the Paris show a few weeks later also but they are simply not on the same par. I haven't been able to download the new sdb source yet, but in my memory Keith, and Mick of course, were both in great musical shape in Krone.

Posted by: steini ()
Date: November 4, 2012 01:44

I was going to post how good Jagger is on this show When i saw this threadsmiling smiley
Stray Cat Blues.. wooow it blew me away his singing! Best vocal version on this song and among the top performances i´ve ever heard from Jagger.
Listen to it, way better than 1969 although that was good.
Thanks for the Stones

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 4, 2012 01:53

Christiaan
I was there, frist to get! I stand frontrow, in the middle of the stage, right in front of Mick and Keith. What a terrific show! The best I've ever seen! Glad to have this version. Haven't seen the whole show yet, just small bits. Looking forward seeing it later on.

You'll have to post a still of you at the show!!

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: November 4, 2012 01:55

Hello guys this is my first reply in i think in 7years or so. just came out of town with my girlgriend and i bought this one (tongue records) and i must say it,s great. strong my love, dance and sway great. but is it me or is keith denying Mick the whole concert and woody is not the clown this time. and i think jagger is f....g great here. to be honest he is the one who,s carry the show. great concert if they played hand off fate. but ooh shit what a great band.

Greet Ron

Rotterdam 1982
rotterdam 1990
gelsenkirchen 1990
frankfurt 1990
koln 1990
pasadena 1994
london 1995
nijmegen 1995
de kuip rotterdam 1995
perth australia 1995
madison square garden new york 1998
arena amsterdam 1998
malieveld den haag 1998
groningen 1999
rotterdam de kuip 2003
arena amsterdam 2003
arena amsterdam 2003
arena amsterdam 2006

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: November 4, 2012 01:59

So where do I need to go to hear this? Where has it been uploaded too?

Date: November 4, 2012 02:07

don.t no just buy it, it,s worth it!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 4, 2012 02:10

otonneau
All this of course does not mean that those who loved the show should now throw their memories away!

Don't worry. I won't.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: November 4, 2012 02:16

geen krantenwijk meer, hahahahah

Posted by: Per-Arne ()
Date: November 4, 2012 02:28

chemicalreaction
alimente
chemicalreaction
That's how strong my Love is.... Was the best Performance from Mick that i had Seen ever from him.....!!!!!!!!!

Yes, for me too. And I have seen a plenty! One could feel that Mick was controlled by invisible forces at that very moment in time.

You are so right! It was the best Summer in my live "2003"!! I got also in to Olympia Paris, Cirkus Stockholm and Vredenburg Uttrecht.... But "That's how strong my Love is" was on Cirkus Krone the best Version and Mick was Kind a like the Last Performance in his Life.... He did it unbelievable strong and Hard Breaking......!!!!
As I said before on this tread, "my best show ever" (and I have seen a couple of show's in my life) and it took place in a bakers owen! But I think the best performance of a song I ever heard was "That's how strong my Love is" at Cirkus in Stockholm. But after all "The mother of all conserts - Circus Krone Munchen! It's almost 10 years ago now, but that show I will never forget for the rest of my life and I will allways bear in my mind.....out of tune? So,what? The band was on fire that night! That's Rock'n Roll my friends - and that's what it all about. I'm so thankfull that I got the ticket for that show. After nearly 10 years, It's still: Yess, I was there. What a night, what a band, what a show!

Per-Arne

PS. Is there somebody who can send me a link for where I can buy this new record?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: November 4, 2012 02:30

Just spent ages uploading the whole video to YouTube only to get the following message as soon as it had finished uploading:
"Your video, "The Rolling Stones live at the Cirkus Krone, Munich, June 8 2003. Complete concert", may have content that is owned or licensed by Eagle Rock. As a result, the video has been blocked on YouTube."
Makes you wonder if it's being lined up for official release.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: November 4, 2012 02:35

good on you, per arne you lucky one

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 4, 2012 11:28

Per-Arne
After nearly 10 years, It's still: Yess, I was there. What a night, what a band, what a show!

So true

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 4, 2012 12:20

I was there too. Great and very special concert.smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: November 4, 2012 14:44

Deltics
Just spent ages uploading the whole video to YouTube only to get the following message as soon as it had finished uploading:
"Your video, "The Rolling Stones live at the Cirkus Krone, Munich, June 8 2003. Complete concert", may have content that is owned or licensed by Eagle Rock. As a result, the video has been blocked on YouTube."
Makes you wonder if it's being lined up for official release.

Thanks for trying

Posted by: souldoggie ()
Date: November 4, 2012 16:03

I was at this show, too. Great show!
Fantastic experince for me, being from the states.
I had a seat but was able to slip past security and get positioned on the floor right in front of Keith.
It was incredibly hot in that room, the band and the audience were sweating our asses off.
The Stones were at the Ritz, if I remember correctly....
Last time I saw JC, too.....he was sacked the day before.

Posted by: wolundamo ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:01

Thats absolute fantastic...going to a go go...improvising Jagger...its touching...Jagger touching 60 in such a shape and mood...what an artist!

And, ok...Richards fortgetting to play during sweet Virginia, but heartbreaking performing nearness...

Thanks Stones!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:31

The performance of I Can't Turn You Loose on Four Flicks from the Krone is AMAZING!!! I don't think I've heard the rest. I'd like to listen to it.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: November 4, 2012 21:51

Best concert ever for me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What a night!!!!!!!!!!!

John Nicholls

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: November 5, 2012 14:04

Roadster32
This concert was a myth until this recording came up.
All the people who where there said it was their best show ever.
Just read the reviews.
Circus Krone
What made it a myth was that there was no recording (well, there was one but a more than bad one) and all people could recall was only the memory on that show.
And that was good because that is all what counts.
It was the best show I've ever been to. Maybe Wembley September 13, 2003 comes close but Circus Krone was it.
Now this boot comes up. A raw unmixed version of this show. What this recording doesn't get is the overall experience AND the overall sound the band delivered this evening and that was amazing.

You can go on and critized this show now note by note and there were more than a few but this was it - Pure Rock'n'Roll and pure Rolling Stones.

I wish that this recording would have never hit the surface. Glad that I have my own memories on that fantastic show.

Just close your eyes, put on the CD (loud !!!), transfer yourself back to that amazing day in March 2003, and you'll sweat again .... from enjoyment!

Posted by: charliesgood ()
Date: November 6, 2012 01:29

This easily blows away the last 3 official bootlegs the stones released .Hopefully they can make up for it with the last one

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 6, 2012 01:36

charliesgood
This easily blows away the last 3 official bootlegs the stones released

Eh?

A 2003 club show (with a shotty performance by the band) better than Hampton '81? Okay......

Date: November 6, 2012 01:42

Oh my god - already nearly 10 years ago...can´t believe it!

Was a hell of a sauna -at least where I was sitting - and I was so excited that I hardly cannot remember a lot......but I know it was VERY special.

Bought a "bootleg CD" of the show some time later (at my special cd shop) just to remind me of that great feeling....

Posted by: doubledoor ()
Date: November 6, 2012 08:33

Agree with Slew. The "I cant turn you loose" we saw on four flicks, makes it look like one of the best shows ever. Rabid crowd and hot hot band

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: November 6, 2012 08:58

All Down The Line: Jagger hits the high notes with amazing force, I know no other 1995-2007 version where he does it like this, just as good (although different in "tone") as 72. Love it! Unfortunately the riff is full of holes...

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 6, 2012 09:55

otonneau
All Down The Line: Jagger hits the high notes with amazing force, I know no other 1995-2007 version where he does it like this, just as good (although different in "tone") as 72. Love it! Unfortunately the riff is full of holes...

I know I can't argue with you on the quality of Jagger's vocal delivery, but I truly don't hear any holes in the guitar section. We may discuss a couple of bum notes, or Ronnie's psychedelic solo, if you want, but over all a good performance.

In any case the BEST of all live versions of All Down The line, and I mean since the song was released on Exile and forever, is the bomb that rocked Dubendorf in 2006 ... ABSOLUTE KILLER!!!

C

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1707
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home