Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
"Miss You" from Paris is up now...
Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:32

Just put up today...

[thepowergoats.com]

Re: "Miss You" from Paris is up now...
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:34

Love this song...

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:34

jamesfdouglas
Just put up today...

I love keyboard driven songs.

Don't you?

Date: October 31, 2012 23:35

It's from the same person who put up "Shattered" and "Whip". I wonder why it took them 5 days to put this up?

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 31, 2012 23:37

GravityBoy

I love keyboard driven songs.

Don't you?

... "Whassrong wiffat?"

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 31, 2012 23:37

I'm pretty sure Mick has never listened to the recorded version of Miss You since it was recorded.

Date: October 31, 2012 23:39

or watched Live in Texas. Hell, even watched Let's Spend the Night Together. I think his only Stones vid is the Voodoo Lounge VHS.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2012 23:47

Interesting comment, why that VHS ? Any nice chicks on the cover ? ;-)

Date: November 1, 2012 00:05

gotdablouse

That... and some magic a-BEEEEEEAAANSSSsss!
(flute noise)

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:13

jamesfdouglas
or watched Live in Texas. Hell, even watched Let's Spend the Night Together. I think his only Stones vid is the Voodoo Lounge VHS.

haha yeah no kidding. I still always hear the VL version whenever I hear Chuck start it off with the Rhodes. If there was any song they could possibly reinvent--I think this one has a lot of room to do so. The last time this song worked well was Steel Wheels, in my opinion. The song is due for some tweaking.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:21

jamesfdouglas
It's from the same person who put up "Shattered" and "Whip". I wonder why it took them 5 days to put this up?

The first clip was 'part 2' and this is 'part 4' so it seems he has quite a few clips

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:21

Justin
jamesfdouglas

haha yeah no kidding. I still always hear the VL version whenever I hear Chuck start it off with the Rhodes. If there was any song they could possibly reinvent--I think this one has a lot of room to do so. The last time this song worked well was Steel Wheels, in my opinion. The song is due for some tweaking.

miss you live of ´89/´90 with Matt Clifford´s faked harp ?
sure a unique highlight...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 1, 2012 00:26

Yeah, fake harp = yuck.

Putting that completely aside, the tune was still danceable in 89/90. Charlie and Bill put down a groove that still worked. Voodoo Lounge to present day...bland, bland, bland. The only thing that was maybe something to look forward to was the breakdown in the middle during "I was walking in Central Park..." maybe the song would pick up a little bit after that dip...but it was never a guarantee.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: November 1, 2012 02:29

jamesfdouglas

Maybe he has a life?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:00

Thanks Mr "Put it up on the net". I wonder why Mick keep insisting on playing Miss You though. It certainly isn't a favorite among Stones fans.

Posted by: vox12string ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:12

Stoneage
It certainly isn't a favorite among Stones fans.

Speak for yourself, sir, it's in my top 10 Stones songs....

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:46

Yup love me some Miss You, and for a shitty recording doesn't sound that bad!

Posted by: JMARCOU ()
Date: November 1, 2012 10:25

not the favourite stones fan's song but this one was ultra very good.
thank you Darryl

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: November 1, 2012 11:04

Stoneage
Thanks Mr "Put it up on the net". I wonder why Mick keep insisting on playing Miss You though. It certainly isn't a favorite among Stones fans.

A big hit though. What do Stones fans have to do with it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:08

rebelrebel
Stoneage

A big hit though. What do Stones fans have to do with it? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Well, somebody bought the single. Otherwise, it wouldn't have been such a big hit.

Posted by: rollmops ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:21

I love the original version of MY. I agree that the electric piano is overwhelming the song by taking the "rock" out of it.More guitars on that one, please!!
Rock and roll,
Mops

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:31

Huge hit! Brought The Stones back to the top. They were in the midst of some of their most harrowing and conflicted times, and they come out of left field with a heavy, dark, and black funk/rock song and shake the charts to their knees. Miss you is the Stones channeling Curtis Mayfield. Jagger owns the song. It is his Midnight Rambler for the late 70's. He sings with nuanced funk grit, effortlessly going from growl to nimble falsetto. Ronnie and Keith are perfectly circling each other with nifty funk licks and rock slabs of riffing. Gut bucket funk rock explosion. The production zeros in on every member by drilling down to their strengths. And the engine room is a four to the floor hybrid with some of Bill's most overt and forceful bass runs, they define the song. One of those wonderful instances when the two Stones, probably the farthest apart, work hand in hand with vocals harmonizing with the bass. Stunning. Ok, yeah, over played. But you can't fault radio for getting hooked to a good thing when they hear it. Now, decades after the dust has settled, pull out the 8 plus minute version and crank it until your walls are shaking and jiving to the swing of Miss You. And for a nice desert, put on the 9 minute plus live version from Handsome Girls and revel in the best of why the Stones are one of the best live rock acts in history. It is history isn't it? And say what you will of Mick, he may disdain talking about the past, but he still loves to share it with dedicated fans by continuing to perform what many folks derisively complain are war horses. They are all little, brilliant Rembrants that should be savored. It's Only Rock and Roll baby.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 12:34 by whitem8.

Posted by: RobertJohnson ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:49

Same disco crap as usual for 30 years or more ...

Date: November 1, 2012 12:51

Thanks for posting! Too bad we didn't get to hear Mick's harp playing in this clip, though.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-01 12:51 by DandelionPowderman.

Date: November 1, 2012 13:11

DandelionPowderman
Thanks for posting! Too bad we didn't get to hear Mick's harp playing in this clip, though.

It would have ruined Chuck's keyboards!

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 1, 2012 14:19

Great to see and hear!!!

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 1, 2012 14:29

@whitem8 - Well put. You are spot on about the track.

What most of us here are tired of is the repetition. 400+ original songs and we get the same setlist every night. Yes, Miss You is a brilliant song, but the current version is worn out because it relies on something other than the heart of the song.. guitars

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: November 1, 2012 15:27

gotdablouse

I've got the Voodoo Lounge Miami Official DVD, and there is a hot blonde 'chick' that flashes her boobs during HTW. Mick see's her and responds my pulling his t-shirt up to expose his torso. It's pretty funny...

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: November 1, 2012 17:46

Well said, Flacvinyl. It was a late 70s hit and I like the LP version. However, I have grown tired of the live version since long ago. I think it's Mick's twisted view that the Stones are a dance band that has kept the song on the warhorse list. You didn't see many post middle age (the median viewer) men dancing to it on those "secret" Parisian gigs though...

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 1, 2012 19:40

Yup. And I think songs like Fingerprint File and Out Of Control can do just as good a job at filling that need. Miss You really is a great track, but I haven't enjoyed a version of it since 81. Admittedly the 89 version below is better than I remember...

From 89:

From 94:

From 98:

From 03:

From 06:

Compare all of those tours to THIS.......

I wont even bother posting Handsome Girls. It should go without saying that Live In Texas is by far the greatest concert film of ALL TIME.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1639
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home