Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bon Jovi Ticket Prices
Posted by: comet ()
Date: October 30, 2012 10:39

Not a fan of the music but I am a fan of their ticket prices:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

Re: Bon Jovi Ticket Prices
Date: October 30, 2012 10:50

eye popping smiley

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 30, 2012 10:51

comet
Not a fan of the music but I am a fan of their ticket prices:

[www.mirror.co.uk]

I couldn't imagine in a million years Sir Mick's generosity of spirit extending quite THIS far .... £12.50 !!

Trabendo for a few hundred people & 15 Euros is one thing, but O2s & Prudential Centers for tens of thousands of people for as little as £12.50 or $20 .... er I don't think so !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 30, 2012 10:55

Great. Taylor Swift isn't charging anything higher than $50 on her tour. Will there be a thread about that too?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 30, 2012 11:10

Justin
Great. Taylor Swift isn't charging anything higher than $50 on her tour. Will there be a thread about that too?

Start one why don't you ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:12

This information must be very precious in a BonJovi fan site.

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:15

Good on them.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:18

You get what you pay for.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 12:31 by More Hot Rocks.

Posted by: rusty ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:23

a rolls royce is always more expensive as a beetle

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:24

rusty
a rolls royce is always more expensive as a beetle

Exactly

Posted by: vertigojoe ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:57

To the 3 posters directly above this;

you seem to be taking a very strange masochistic pleasure in being used and abused by your favourite band to line their own deep pockets.

I wonder if you have tickets for the upcoming shows?

Please come back and let us know whether it was value for money..

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:00

Hardly in the same league

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:21

Honestly, this is a big change for them. They usually charge out the nose just like everyone else. $1000 for meet and greet, probably more, etc. I don't know the prices. I'm not a fan. But I know they charge just as much as everyone else. $200 for the best seats, etc. I guess its good for fans that they are doing this, but they've been charging a shitload for years. Their fans more than deserve this. It should be noted though what their prices were before this new tour. They are as bad as the Stones in terms of prices, as well as all other big name acts, The Eagles, Roger Waters.

Posted by: mr_c_ox ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:47

As much as peopel slate there music, there live show is always fantastic. There ticket prices are always fairly resonable. They do have those expensive at the upper end but there are always decently priced tickets to. Even the most expensive tickets don't reach the Stones hights.

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:50

It will be. I have no problem spending it on The Stones. I have a problem spending $50 on a has been chick's band from the 80s.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 30, 2012 14:58

Respect to the BJ

\m/

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:24

However it is rather offensive and stupid by Daily Mirror to offer still Stones Tickets at a price of £ 346 which links you to viagogo.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 16:54

Jon Bongiovi helicoptered into the wonderful Slane Castle venue in County Meath (just outside of Dublin) this morning to announce a concert there for June 15th next year

The 12 dollar or whatever ticket price press release is a little misleading of course; I'm sure all venues on the "Because We Can" tour will have those incredibly cheap tickets, but for most good seats/tickets the prices will be much higher. I think prices for Slane are 79 Euro for example.

Their new album is to be titled "What About Now" - the last decade has seen them constantly releasing albums, this will be their 6th since 'Crush' in 2000, and they also had a 4-CD boxset of 90% unreleased songs (like Springsteen's 'Tracks'). The quality hasn't been as good as the albums they made from 1984 - 1996 though. Jon and Richie's solo albums from 1997 and 1998 respectively showed tantaslising glimpses where the band could have gone.

The return with 'Crush' and the subsequent albums wasn't the progression fans expected after the great run of the 90s with their own albums and the solo albums.

2009s 'Circle' was the best of the past decade, some genuinely great tracks, with the usual handful of filler.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 30, 2012 17:14

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 18:33 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: October 30, 2012 19:40

Wow! Better let Gazza know so he can buy all the tickets and distribute them to the members of his B.J. Fan clubsmileys with beer

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 21:34

I remember Jon saying something to the effect that they can afford to sell the nosebleed sections for fairly cheap prices because they have the meet/greet VIP tix they can sell for quite a lot.

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 30, 2012 22:35

stargroover

True, but then they should pay me 50£ every time I go see Linkin Park.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: TomGreen ()
Date: October 30, 2012 22:35

This is a publicity stunt.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 31, 2012 02:04

I'm not sure I'd pay to see them, I like some songs on their early records but they bored me to death in Longchamps when they opened for the Stones in 1995.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2012 02:19

stargroover

That's not the point. Treating their fans with respect is. To THEIR fans they ARE in the same league - and higher. Greatness is a matter of taste. Would you expect someone who likes Bon Jovi and doesnt like the Stones to argue that a band they have no interest in seeing SHOULD cost at least ten times as much for a concert ticket?

As much as I cant stand them, credit to them for catering for their fans. Whilst im sure this £12.50 ticket price only marks a tiny % and no doubt they do some higher priced packages as well, its good to see a major act resisting the urge to gouge their fanbase to earn money they'll never spend.

I really dont get the mentality of some Stones fans that would suggest its some kind of badge of honour for the band to be able to charge as much as they can possibly get away with for very little.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 31, 2012 03:44

Gazza
stargroover

That's not the point. Treating their fans with respect is. To THEIR fans they ARE in the same league - and higher. Greatness is a matter of taste. Would you expect someone who likes Bon Jovi and doesnt like the Stones to argue that a band they have no interest in seeing SHOULD cost at least ten times as much for a concert ticket?

As much as I cant stand them, credit to them for catering for their fans. Whilst im sure this £12.50 ticket price only marks a tiny % and no doubt they do some higher priced packages as well, its good to see a major act resisting the urge to gouge their fanbase to earn money they'll never spend.

I really dont get the mentality of some Stones fans that would suggest its some kind of badge of honour for the band to be able to charge as much as they can possibly get away with for very little.

That's my better half. She thinks I'm crazy and has reached the point of regularily asking.......are they dead yet ? She asks why a band that is obviously past it's peak thinks it's acceptable to triple ticket prices during a reccession. I can't defend the Stones on this - as usual ,she's right eye rolling smiley

I've been forced to attend a lot of BJ shows over the years and have to admit that they give their fans a good time. See you next year Gazza >grinning smiley<

sc uk

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 31, 2012 03:44

Dang well said Gazza. I bet a buck that Bon Jovi saw these Stones prices and said something like....

"You know what would be both funny and cool? Lets drop some ticket prices through the floor. It will get some great press for us, and what the hell, do we really need ALL that money, we are all millionaires, so lets be good guys too"

Good for Bon Jovi, no matter if people hate em or not... good for them.

I would also bet a buck that Jon Bon Jovi would never get up in front of a bunch of millionaires, in a private show, and have laugh at the expense of people not as well off as them, like Mick did last night.

Date: October 31, 2012 04:59

vertigojoe
To the 3 posters directly above this;

you seem to be taking a very strange masochistic pleasure in being used and abused by your favourite band to line their own deep pockets.

I wonder if you have tickets for the upcoming shows?

Please come back and let us know whether it was value for money..

Just part of doing business with our favorite band. Hurts so good, I guess, or something like that.

Date: October 31, 2012 05:19

Gazza
stargroover

I think it might have something to do with pride. Proud that people will pay just about any price to see their favorite band at such a late stage of their career. About all I can come up with.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 31, 2012 11:34

Have great memories of going to see the Stones in Paris with Bon Jovi supporting.

Went on a coach trip with a mate of mine. He was a big Bon jovi fan, 'n me being a Stones nut it made a lotta sense. Remember telling him that when we got on the bus we'll be sitting with loads of Stones fans and how much of a crack it was gonig to be. (I like rock coach trips, like the muppets on the road)

Anyhoo, when we got the coach at Cov, the whole thing was full of Bon Jovi fans! Ruddy Hell. Even at the gig I remember being at the front and there was still a BJ vibe running through the crowd.

but gig was @#$%& great. god himself joined in on the lighting rig.

After the show, went back to the bus soaking n nearly all the bus had filled up after Bon Jovi had finished and it started raining. Couldn't believe it.

Some might say that from that experience I learnt one of two things:

A) Bon Jovi fans don't care much for the Stones

cool smiley Bon Jovi fans were a bunch of pussies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1891
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home