Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5
Brookyn show December 8 - Confirmed
Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:13

The Rolling Stones are confirming the 3rd US show in Brooklyn on Saturday Dec 8.

The fast selling tickets for the Newark show made may for a 3rd show in Brooklyn, at the Barclays Center, Brookly, New York City, USA on Saturday Dec. 8. See the updated Rolling Stones 2012 Tour Dates list.

Bjornulf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-12 18:08 by bv.

Re: Brookyn show December 8
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:16

That is GREAT news for customers...
and will pissoff scalpers...
So its all good!

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:16

It´s not a rumour, BV. It´s a true possibility.

Date: October 29, 2012 23:17

Also please note that Dec 10 is available. And Dec 6. The original rumour said 3 shows in the NYC area so I am not sure if there will be two shows in Brooklyn, but since Newark sold so fast you never know. These tickets are hot. But the Saturday Dec 8 show will most probably be announced soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: john lomax ()

Hi Bjornulf. Is there any news or rumour about a third London show

Date: October 29, 2012 23:19

It is a rumour until it has been officially confirmed. Please do not pay for expensive travel until it is confirmed. But this is a good reason for holding back on your travel plans. There has been a large gap beetween the UK and US dates.

Bjornulf

Date: October 29, 2012 23:20

I bet this will make memphiscats happy... she may have to stay over.

Date: October 29, 2012 23:22

The scalpers will have plenty of high priced tickets that will burn in their pockets. It happens on every tour.

Bjornulf

Posted by: HalfNanker ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:22

how nice would it be if they put in some measures to stop TM from giving all the tix to stubhub.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:23

Hi BV, I used the word "possibility" and not "confirmation".

thumbs up

:-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 23:24 by carlostones10.

Date: October 29, 2012 23:25

bv
The scalpers will have plenty of high priced tickets that will burn in their pockets. It happens on every tour.

When will those silly scalping profiteers EVER learn?

I only have two words for them..... HA !! HA !!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:25

bv
It is a rumour until it has been officially confirmed. Please do not pay for expensive travel until it is confirmed. But this is a good reason for holding back on your travel plans. There has been a large gap beetween the UK and US dates.

Are you talking about the Brooklyn show still being just a rumour, or were you responding to the post above yours; i.e. this one:

Posted by: john lomax ()

Hi Bjornulf. Is there any news or rumour about a third London show

... in other words, about a third show for London ?

I wonder if a third show for London could possibly be on the cards ? Hope so, and it might also serve to make life difficult for scalpers, which would be no bad thing ... given the shit they're giving us over the existing two shows.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 30, 2012 01:48

So far I have only heard about 3 shows in the US and 2 shows in Europe (large ones) and an undefined number of smaller shows. Once there was talks about Olympia but that makes you sleep unsafe at nights.

Bjornulf

Posted by: bigpond ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:52

December 8 in NYC....Lennon would be proud!

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:12

bv
The Rolling Stones are rumoured for a 3rd US show in Brooklyn

The fast selling tickets for the Newark show seems to make may for a 3rd show in Brooklyn. There are rumours about a show at the Barclays Center, Brookly, New York City, USA on Saturday Dec. 8. See the updated Rolling Stones 2012 Tour Dates list.
Fast selling tickets?? please.... there are thousands of tickets available for all 4 shows, IMO ,The Stones are in cahoots with the scalpers...Bunch of greedy @#$%&

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:15

Is 11/27 still open at the O2. that date would seem to make a lot of sense. No problem moving stages in and out in 24 hours. We saw that the last time they were at the O2, when Prince had concerts going as well.

Posted by: uhbuhgullayew ()
Date: October 30, 2012 02:56

bv

SWEET!

Burn baby burn. smiling smiley

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 30, 2012 06:56

uhbuhgullayew
bv

SWEET!

Burn baby burn. smiling smiley

Gratifying to see the scalpers catch a cold - but it's sad to see those tickets wasted while fans are left outside the show.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 30, 2012 09:46

bv
So far I have only heard about 3 shows in the US and 2 shows in Europe (large ones) and an undefined number of smaller shows. Once there was talks about Olympia but that makes you sleep unsafe at nights.

Thank you

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: October 30, 2012 11:54

...that's because the Stones don't care about the fans, just the money. they can say it all they want. actions speak louder.....and while it's true they don't benefit from scalping...they could put a stop to it, and give the real fans a chance

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 12:08

drbryant
Is 11/27 still open at the O2. that date would seem to make a lot of sense. No problem moving stages in and out in 24 hours. We saw that the last time they were at the O2, when Prince had concerts going as well.

This is the one I'm hoping for.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: October 30, 2012 13:49

bv

Hopefully theyll burn with em...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 30, 2012 21:24

Max'sKansasCity
bv

When will those silly scalping profiteers EVER learn?

I only have two words for them..... HA !! HA !!

Do we also include the Stones in this Quote?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 22:14 by virgil.

Posted by: atip ()
Date: October 31, 2012 14:03

You have to wonder whether Sandy's impact will postpone this date.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 31, 2012 14:12

atip
You have to wonder whether Sandy's impact will postpone this date.
you wrote what i thought.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 31, 2012 21:40

ROPENI
bv

The fast selling tickets for the Newark show seems to make may for a 3rd show in Brooklyn. There are rumours about a show at the Barclays Center, Brookly, New York City, USA on Saturday Dec. 8. See the updated Rolling Stones 2012 Tour Dates list.
Fast selling tickets?? please.... there are thousands of tickets available for all 4 shows, IMO ,The Stones are in cahoots with the scalpers...Bunch of greedy @#$%&

This is what makes me talk of this show a bit unlikely, to be honest.

Tickets are plentiful for all four arena shows. If more are added (and at short notice), are people going to be stupid enough to panic buy again, knowing they're going to be available at close to face value in their THOUSANDS around the dates of the gigs?

Barclays and the Prudential were both sounded out for shows as we know and, as has been reported, they chose the Newark venue for contractual reasons relating to the PPV. One venue was probably on 'standby' as an alternative to the other. It could still happen of course, but surely by now most would-be ticket buyers are aware that the 'sold out in a few minutes' hype is something of a myth.

Add in the 'Sandy' factor to the equation and its probably likely that most would be ticket buyers will have more important things to deal with in the coming weeks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-31 21:42 by Gazza.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: November 1, 2012 01:25

Gazza
ROPENI
bv

Tickets are plentiful for all four arena shows. If more are added (and at short notice), are people going to be stupid enough to panic buy again, knowing they're going to be available at close to face value in their THOUSANDS around the dates of the gigs?

Barclays and the Prudential were both sounded out for shows as we know and, as has been reported, they chose the Newark venue for contractual reasons relating to the PPV. One venue was probably on 'standby' as an alternative to the other. It could still happen of course, but surely by now most would-be ticket buyers are aware that the 'sold out in a few minutes' hype is something of a myth.

Add in the 'Sandy' factor to the equation and its probably likely that most would be ticket buyers will have more important things to deal with in the coming weeks.

Tickets are plentiful for all four arena shows.
And not only because of that the third show is a not so serious option at this moment.
The rumour around the Trabendo gig was not so huge as expected: sold out yes, but not with a couple of thousand people on the streets (and just 30 people or so at the Mogador trying to get in...).
If you compare that to earlier club shows in Europe like Brixton, Olympia or Paradiso this one was not the succes they thought it would be from a pr point of view .
Together with the tickets still around for the arena shows that lowers expectations of what can possibly be sold for other shows in the future, even for 2013: what to do with stadium shows in Europe if we don't want to travel a lot (for lots of reasons)? Can we sell two shows in Stade de France for 90.000 people? Or in the Amsterdam Arena? Wembley? With these prices? With this economic situation? With this interest for the Stones for these 4 shows...?
A lot of people are breaking their heads now about how to attack these questions.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: November 1, 2012 02:15

It makes me wonder if they booked these 4 shows as a way of gauging the market for an all-out tour.

What price will the market actually pay for a ticket? How many tickets can they really sell? Or is it just that they got a great offer to make huge $$$ for 4 (or 5) shows and it has nothing to do with future tour plans?

The NYC is an enormous market with some very high incomes, there is a limit. Even Wall Street firms are downsizing. And will playing to less-than full houses in NY dampen their appetite to do a tour? Or will they be better received in places like Cleveland or Seattle or Pittsburgh where the Stones doing a show actually IS a big deal and they can sell out 18,000 seats?

It's a huge bet that someone in their camp is going to make...or some promotor who puts up a guarantee is going to have to make.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: November 1, 2012 03:30

I think the Stones overestimated their market value this time,the new generation don't give a @#$%& about the Stones,and ours, with the economy worldwide down in the dumps,don't have that kind of money to spend on a concert,no matter how much they care for the band,l would say that half of all the tickets are readily available for the asking,and by concert time,you could probably buy them at face value or even less,which makes it hard to believe about any more concerts at this time,plus as Gazza explained,with Sandy,not many folks will have the kind of money that the Stones are asking to blow in a concert..2013 we may not get anything from the band,unless they completely change their approach,to sell tickets,and by that l mean,make them a lot cheaper,if they want anyone to show up...

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: TE ()
Date: November 1, 2012 12:40

Dreamer
Gazza
ROPENI
bv

Tickets are plentiful for all four arena shows.
And not only because of that the third show is a not so serious option at this moment.
The rumour around the Trabendo gig was not so huge as expected: sold out yes, but not with a couple of thousand people on the streets (and just 30 people or so at the Mogador trying to get in...).
If you compare that to earlier club shows in Europe like Brixton, Olympia or Paradiso this one was not the succes they thought it would be from a pr point of view .
Together with the tickets still around for the arena shows that lowers expectations of what can possibly be sold for other shows in the future, even for 2013: what to do with stadium shows in Europe if we don't want to travel a lot (for lots of reasons)? Can we sell two shows in Stade de France for 90.000 people? Or in the Amsterdam Arena? Wembley? With these prices? With this economic situation? With this interest for the Stones for these 4 shows...?
A lot of people are breaking their heads now about how to attack these questions.

Goto Page: 12345Next
Current Page: 1 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1977
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home