Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: O/T Aerosmith - 'Music from Another Dimension'
Posted by: stones_serb ()
Date: November 5, 2012 08:39

The Perry sung tunes are the only ones worth listening

Date: November 5, 2012 09:55

An album with interesting bits and pieces of music, but the songs are weak, imo.

Perry sounds like an old blues man with larynghitis smiling smiley

Tyler is getting more husky as well.

Date: November 5, 2012 20:23

Had the dispached confirmation email today... phew

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 6, 2012 01:12

dishevelmentblues
Had the dispached confirmation email today... phew

Me too!

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: November 6, 2012 07:30

Not only 'Another' but there's defininatly a different 'music dimension of time'

the new Van Halen album Rocks.

the old Aerosmith album "Rocks"... Rocks.

Tyler has been affected by the American Idol

and it can be heard on this new album.

Way too many songs... in particular, the chessy ballads.

Date: November 7, 2012 06:39

just got it. will listen to it tonight. i chickened out and got the wal mart standard edition because the deluxe packagaing looked like it would scratch the hell out of the cd's

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 8, 2012 15:16

Are there any swear words on this album? Just wondering because I'm probably going to pick up the Walmart Exclusive Deluxe Edition, and Walmart is notorious for censoring music. It could sway my decision. I know a lot of their latter-day output has a F-bomb or two in it...........

Date: November 8, 2012 15:24

VoodooLounge13
Are there any swear words on this album? Just wondering because I'm probably going to pick up the Walmart Exclusive Deluxe Edition, and Walmart is notorious for censoring music. It could sway my decision. I know a lot of their latter-day output has a F-bomb or two in it...........

i didn't notice any edits and i've listened to it 2 times

Posted by: Mikael ()
Date: November 8, 2012 15:45

I like it! Sure, at 80 minutes (the deluxe) it´s far too long. But take the ten best tracks and you have what is probably the best Smith since rocks.

Suffers from the Keith syndrome. Three Joe Perry vocals is at least two too many. Mr Perry r e a l l y is not a singer. And the Hamilton vocal on the extra disc is earnest, but... not great.

And there are too many ballads. What could have been love is truly awful. More like What could have been a song. Makes me remember mr Perry´s words "Ballads are a waste of plastic."

Love xxx is like a freight train. Street Jesus is indeed great. There are several great rockers and a strangely compelling ballad / rocker called Beautiful.

Highly recommended! Which is a bit of a surprise.

Date: November 8, 2012 16:15

Two spins, and already forgotten... thumbs down

Date: November 9, 2012 00:07

Mikael
I like it! Sure, at 80 minutes (the deluxe) it´s far too long. But take the ten best tracks and you have what is probably the best Smith since rocks.

Suffers from the Keith syndrome. Three Joe Perry vocals is at least two too many. Mr Perry r e a l l y is not a singer. And the Hamilton vocal on the extra disc is earnest, but... not great.

And there are too many ballads. What could have been love is truly awful. More like What could have been a song. Makes me remember mr Perry´s words "Ballads are a waste of plastic."

Love xxx is like a freight train. Street Jesus is indeed great. There are several great rockers and a strangely compelling ballad / rocker called Beautiful.

i pretty much agree with this except i don't mind the perry vocals

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: November 9, 2012 01:23

keefriffhard4life
Mikael

I pretty much agree with this except that I like What Could Have Been Love (the only ballad on the album I really like), don't know whether Another Last Goodbye would fall under the ballad category but I like that one too. And then all the rockers. Don't like Beautiful, and the only Joe Perry song I like is Freedom Fighter. Totally agree about there being too many ballads, the rock songs being surprisingly good, Hamilton's song being nice to include but not really good, and that you pick the best ten and its a really solid album.

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:20

I think its a good album, but its not their best. I would love to see Aerosmith for the 3rd time in my life on this upcoming tour.

Posted by: StoneTony ()
Date: November 9, 2012 02:46

The new Aerosmith album cover reminds me of Queen's "News of the World" cover in theme.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: November 9, 2012 04:03

a few kick ass rockers but too many commercial beach blanket top 40's bee bop ballads for me.i loved their stuff in the 70's alot more.

i do admire these guys though.

Date: November 9, 2012 04:45

RollingFreak
keefriffhard4life
Mikael

I pretty much agree with this except that I like What Could Have Been Love (the only ballad on the album I really like), don't know whether Another Last Goodbye would fall under the ballad category but I like that one too. And then all the rockers. Don't like Beautiful, and the only Joe Perry song I like is Freedom Fighter. Totally agree about there being too many ballads, the rock songs being surprisingly good, Hamilton's song being nice to include but not really good, and that you pick the best ten and its a really solid album.

i disliked the song with carrie underwood, "we all fall down", "sunny side of love", "lover alot", "legendary child" and "up on a mountain". everything else including the cover were imo a keeper. also no i wouldn't count "another last goodbye" as a ballad really. it seems more some piano blues song or something.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: December 27, 2012 22:22

Still really enjoying the album, I have the Deluxe Edition with 3 bonus tracks and DVD - cannot find anywhere online where to d/l the two other bonus tracks on the Japanese Edition, "Shakey Ground" and "I'm Not Talkin"

Date: December 28, 2012 00:54

the rockers are ok

the ballads are syrupy saccharine horrible

Posted by: theanchorman ()
Date: December 28, 2012 02:50

Perry's Freedom Fighter is an obvious You Got Me Rockin ripoff (in regard to the main guitar riff)

Date: December 28, 2012 04:03

and legendary childs riff is a rip from zep's wanton song

Posted by: drjay ()
Date: December 28, 2012 04:19

should have called it "Shit from the Same Dimension".They had their time and it ended with Night in the Ruts.

Posted by: Midnight Toker ()
Date: December 28, 2012 05:32

The ballads suck IMO but there are a few kick ass rockers. They should listen to "Seasons of Wither" again to get an idea of what a classic Aerosmith ballad should sound like.

Still can rock for dudes in their 60's.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: December 28, 2012 22:40

I was the beneficiary of a Christmas gift of the Deluxe Edition, and was told, "I thought this was the only version of the album." Lucky me. I like the first track on the bonus CD, UP ON THE MOUNTAIN (not crazy about the non-Steven vocals on the other bonus songs), and also the concert footage on the DVD shows real guitar virtuosity in the band, that I was unaware of before (I'm only a modest Aerosmith fan). Johnny Depp's live playing with them on the last song one the DVD was better than I expected.

And I was interested to see in the liner notes that Julian Lennon sings a backing vocal on the album's first song, LUV XXX.

Also, the interview/conversation Steven and Joe have on the bonus disc could be from SPINAL TAP.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-29 18:43 by Title5Take1.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1648
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home