Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T Aerosmith - 'Music from Another Dimension'
Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 17:40

It's leaked; tracks have been made available through different sites and on RollingStone.com for a few weeks now, but the whole 15 track album leaked last night (a furthr 5 cuts; 2 covers, 3 originals, will be on various international editions from Nov. 6th release date)

Getting very mixed reviews to say the least from fans on the AeroforceOne forum - most fans had heard 10 of the 15 tracks over the past few weeks, with most of the disappointment aimed at the whopping 4 or 5 "radio ballads" which they had increasingly gone for since the comeback of the late eighties.I say disappointment as the album was hyped and over0hyped as a return to the 70s, with Jack Douglas producing (he produced their twin masterpieces, 'Toys in the Attic' and 'Rocks')

Diane "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" Warren writes or co-writes two of the huge ballads, Marti Frederikson the others; Joe Perry remarked many times in the past he's not a fan of those ballads.

The rockers range from the workmanlike and mediocre to the inspired - one of the corkers is the very Stonesy "Oh Yeah" - it just struts and grooves like Aerosmith of old. 4 or 5 really great rockers on the opus which should satisfy the fans.

Re: O/T Aerosmith - 'Music from Another Dimension'
Date: October 29, 2012 17:47

Music from Another Dimension! (Deluxe Edition) 2 cd 1 dvd
by Aerosmith
£9.99 Free Shipping

[www.wowhd.co.uk]

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: October 29, 2012 17:47

have you seen their web site this a.m.? just saw this - [aerosmith.com]

seems like some sort of hype - something is afoot as i also have a message - "steven tyler is calling you within the hour to talk about something"

will keep ya'll posted

(there was some weird business happening on their site last week - i wrote about it for aol - )

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 17:48 by hbwriter.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 29, 2012 17:55

Maybe this "leaked" disc is a fake and they'll release a cracking good rocker! Well, I hope that's the case.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: October 29, 2012 18:00

along with new Dylan they win the contest for the ugliest cover art released in 2012! awww that's disgusting and makes me download it off the net: I just can't buy music with ugly cover art ;^)

Date: October 29, 2012 18:06

i miss the days before all the internet hype

Date: October 29, 2012 18:09

whats funny is Marti Frederikson was in a rock band in the early 90's called OUTLAW BLOOD and was the song writer and i can't recall their 1 album having more than 1 ballad if any at all.

here is OUTLAW BLOOD:

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:03

Didn't that Marti dude play guitar/produce (possibly even co-write) on Goddess ?

Date: October 29, 2012 20:27

gotdablouse
Didn't that Marti dude play guitar/produce (possibly even co-write) on Goddess ?

played a lot of it but no writing credits. he writes/plays on a lot of albums

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:32

Thanks, that makes me want to listen to Goddess again, I quite like that album unlike most everyone else here apparently...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:54

Honestly, I'm listening to the whole thing through right now and I expected much worse. I'll have to actually listen more closely a few more times, but there are at least 4 to 5 songs I like right off the bat. Nothing like their golden years, and I understand wanting that from Jack Douglas producing. I guess I am not a huge fan (but love those albums) so I haven't spent a year hoping thats what it would sound like. The album seems to have a pretty good rock/pop feel IMO.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:58

Being that a lot of material from them recently has been rather 'one-dimensional', would this make the album 2-dimensional?

Quite an upgrade, really.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 29, 2012 22:03

treaclefingers
Being that a lot of material from them recently has been rather 'one-dimensional', would this make the album 2-dimensional?

No. Still only one dimensional, just a different dimension than previous albums have come from. A two dimensional album would have been "Music From Other Dimensions"

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 29, 2012 22:43

Aero-shite.

Date: October 29, 2012 22:46

mr_dja
treaclefingers

No. Still only one dimensional, just a different dimension than previous albums have come from. A two dimensional album would have been "Music From Other Dimensions"

Peace,
Mr DJA

Right, so instead of the x axis, we now have music from the y axis.

I'm fortunate to have studied calculus in University or following music would be a real bitch!

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:09

You beat me to my follow up about which axis it was going to be! (Extra points for studying calc... I never had to get past Stats...) If the old was x, and the new is y, I guess the next album will be z. Which will just make me ask "why"?

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: October 29, 2012 23:12

Some very good stuff, some dog average; been hearing the 9 or 10 tracks for past 2 weeks or so, today I heard the remaining 5.

It speaks volumes when some worried fans on the Aeroforceone board are holding out hope that the 3 bonus songs will bring the quality quotient up.

Hideous artwork, awful sci-fi; on par with the bloody Grrr Gorilla as two truly bad album covers for vintage acts this year.

'Oh Yeah' is a corker, such a great groove, 'Street Jesus' is vintage Aerosmith, 'Out go the Light's some classy funk'n'roll, even 'Legendary Child' sounds much better than on initial listen. I'd add Joe's 'Freedom Fighter' - some very tasty guitars in there

A few others though have promise but utlimately get bogged down in either cookie-cutter lyics or a verse or chorus too average to carry the track - 'Lover a Lot', or 'Something', even 'Beautiful'.

Some of the 5 ballads are grating though, like "I don't wanns miss a thing" Parts 2, 3 and 4! 'Tell Me' and the final song on the album (name escapes me momentarily) are two of the better ballads though.

This albums comes at a time for them, age wise and career wise, on par with when the Stones' released 'A Bigger Bang'. I think it isn't a patch on 'Bang' though.

Date: October 29, 2012 23:19

IrelandCalling4
Some very good stuff, some dog average; been hearing the 9 or 10 tracks for past 2 weeks or so, today I heard the remaining 5.

It speaks volumes when some worried fans on the Aeroforceone board are holding out hope that the 3 bonus songs will bring the quality quotient up.

Hideous artwork, awful sci-fi; on par with the bloody Grrr Gorilla as two truly bad album covers for vintage acts this year.

'Oh Yeah' is a corker, such a great groove, 'Street Jesus' is vintage Aerosmith, 'Out go the Light's some classy funk'n'roll, even 'Legendary Child' sounds much better than on initial listen. I'd add Joe's 'Freedom Fighter' - some very tasty guitars in there

A few others though have promise but utlimately get bogged down in either cookie-cutter lyics or a verse or chorus too average to carry the track - 'Lover a Lot', or 'Something', even 'Beautiful'.

Some of the 5 ballads are grating though, like "I don't wanns miss a thing" Parts 2, 3 and 4! 'Tell Me' and the final song on the album (name escapes me momentarily) are two of the better ballads though.

This albums comes at a time for them, age wise and career wise, on par with when the Stones' released 'A Bigger Bang'. I think it isn't a patch on 'Bang' though.

Shirley it can't be as bad as Infamy, Look What The Cat Dragged In or Sweet Neo Citran.

And apologize for calling you Shirley.

Date: October 30, 2012 02:11

Of course not smiling smiley

Infamy and NeoCon two of the poorest; but I thought 'A Bigger Bang' - or, 'A Better Bang' as most fans compiled their own 12 song version - was excellent.

Not Neocon of course, but Let me down Slow, Rain Fall Down, This Place is Empty, Laugh I Nearly Died, Back of my Hand, It Won't Take Long, Look what the Cat Dragged In, Rough Justice...I really thought it was a fantastic album for a lot of the running time; overlong, but enough wonderful material to make it very worthy.

Date: October 30, 2012 04:30

RollingFreak
Honestly, I'm listening to the whole thing through right now and I expected much worse. I'll have to actually listen more closely a few more times, but there are at least 4 to 5 songs I like right off the bat. Nothing like their golden years, and I understand wanting that from Jack Douglas producing. I guess I am not a huge fan (but love those albums) so I haven't spent a year hoping thats what it would sound like. The album seems to have a pretty good rock/pop feel IMO.

agree--i think it's a solid record

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: October 30, 2012 10:43

I like it. I mean, they could of axed a couple of ballads, but I can just get rid of those myself. If you read the Aerosmith forums you would think this album would be the end of the world. Like I said, listening to it as an "album" I like it.

Date: October 30, 2012 10:47

I need someone to check my temp. I am liking the duet.

Date: October 30, 2012 19:12

JohnnyBGoode
I like it. I mean, they could of axed a couple of ballads, but I can just get rid of those myself. If you read the Aerosmith forums you would think this album would be the end of the world. Like I said, listening to it as an "album" I like it.
Agreed. I cut it down on my own to 9 tracks and 43 minutes and I think its a really enjoyable listen. My version is mostly rock, but I threw in What Could Be Love and the last track Another Last Goodbye as I really enjoy both of those. Everything else seems like a bit of filler but I need to go back and relisten to them. Whats funny is they couldn't really win either way in terms of length. Either its the 43 minute album I made, and people would say thats not enough after an 11 year break, or they fill it to the brim like they did and the good stuff sort of gets lost in the crap. Either way, I think its a solid effort that I think their fans are being way too critical of.

Posted by: Adams ()
Date: October 30, 2012 21:11

Kind of growing on me, even the crappy ballads. Listening to the just leaked bonus disc at the moment

Date: October 30, 2012 21:58

Adams
Kind of growing on me, even the crappy ballads. Listening to the just leaked bonus disc at the moment
Hm, guess I'll have to look for those. Should be easy to find, they just hadn't leaked yesterday when I downloaded the other stuff.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 31, 2012 11:25

dishevelmentblues
by Aerosmith
£9.99 Free Shipping

[www.wowhd.co.uk]

13% less today

Date: October 31, 2012 13:29

Some people are calling it a sequel to the "Nine Lives" album. I love Joe's bonus track Oasis In The Night.

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: November 4, 2012 20:49

Braincapers
dishevelmentblues
by Aerosmith
£9.99 Free Shipping

[www.wowhd.co.uk]

13% less today

Due out tomorrow and wowhd not yet posted and Amazon don't seem to have it available. I hope this special edition exists!

Date: November 4, 2012 20:55

Braincapers
Braincapers
dishevelmentblues
by Aerosmith
£9.99 Free Shipping

[www.wowhd.co.uk]

13% less today

Due out tomorrow and wowhd not yet posted and Amazon don't seem to have it available. I hope this special edition exists!

if you live in the USA you can buy the 2cd/1dvd version at wal mart which is the only place in the USA that has the cover of "shakey ground"

Date: November 4, 2012 23:57

hey - psst -if you live in boston - go to the apartment tomorrow at 1325 commonwealth avenue where they lived together -- rumor has it there might be a free show smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-04 23:59 by hbwriter.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1872
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home