Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12
Re: Mogador secret club show reports
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: November 2, 2012 02:23

Green Lady
Counting the takings from the 1492 tour:

One can almost hear that guy saying... "GRRR!"

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: November 2, 2012 05:48

once in a lifetime...
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Re: MOGADOR informations
Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: November 2, 2012 07:33

GADAWG
otonneau
gimme_shelter
Moneygrabbers

So nice to see the Stones performing for a group of moneygrabbing vampires.
What a shitty band they've become.

"moneygrabbing vampires", lol - I'm with you there!

Why not successful financial corporation? Obviously they have thousands of satisfied clients.

This is another prime example of class envy. Why don't you folks get a successful career instead of whining while sitting on your ass about folks who work for a living?

That's a bit presumptuous and rude, don't you think?

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: November 2, 2012 10:45

GADAWG
Why don't you folks get a successful career instead of whining while sitting on your ass about folks who work for a living?

I don't whine.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: November 2, 2012 17:26

Funny how GADAWG can rant about "class envy" but my reply gets deleted. But hey, guess I'm whining again.

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: November 2, 2012 22:20

bv
Dreamer
I blame you for telling something that's not true.
Where is "it is part of the tour budget." this so called fact written? Who told you that? What make this 'a fact'? Talked to Mark?

Unless they have double accounting I would assume they have one budget for income and expenses. Income comes from ticket sales, sponsors, merchandise kick-back etc. I would say I know above average about how they price tickets and how they used to have first 5-20 rows low priced and how they subsidize some shows with other shows, so again there is a general accounting for any tour of course. A club show might not lower the ticket prices dramatically, but on the other hand it does not increase our ticket prices. The only problem is that most of us hate that other people can see a show we do not have access to. VIP's and rich people are unpopular, unless they play football or baseball.

You´re right BV.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: November 4, 2012 15:16

incredibly average setlist, but hey at least they are playing again even if its not to the real fans

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: November 5, 2012 23:09

buffalo 81
once in a lifetime...
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Always nice to read stories of people who met/saw them 1962

The music was so different to the pop music of the day. Their music marked the start of a new generation.
I dumped my suits and ties and went and bought myself a leather jacket, some jeans and an open-necked shirt. I also bought a harmonica.
It was a very exciting time to be young.

Date: November 7, 2012 01:43

Rocknroll, rolling stones, show business...are not precisely the best ingredients for a moral debate...

But lots of people are in this forum insisting on it: the Whinning subject is the way this forum is dealing with a moral issue: what the band must or must not do ...as a band, as a business men, as legends, as cultural icons, as people who allegedly play for working class people; as musicians, as rock survivors..no less confused smiley.

Too complicated.

Put on your headphones, Open a beer, light something if you like, close your eyes, press play and hear Brussels Affair for instance..that's it. It's is the closest to the real thing.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 7, 2012 02:03

And huh what's the "real thing"? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: November 7, 2012 02:09

That's another debate.

But I have just pressed the play button...so I am not able to answer now...grinning smiley

Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 11, 2012 15:42

Little anecdote from trabendo (i record that lookin' at my wife cooking flour).

Before D&G, a roadie put powder (or the thing halterophilist uses) on Mick's hands.
But it's was too much : Mick was embarrassed with that powder and did not want to wipe his hands on his black trousers. Quite funny indeed.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 11, 2012 17:19

marclaff
Little anecdote from trabendo (i record that lookin' at my wife cooking flour).

Before D&G, a roadie put powder (or the thing halterophilist uses) on Mick's hands.
But it's was too much : Mick was embarrassed with that powder and did not want to wipe his hands on his black trousers. Quite funny indeed.

... so Mick clapped his hands and he got a great smoke cloud of the powder which was not intended, but it lookeed great, and they did the same next time he got a guitar, exceept then it was less powder...

Bjornulf

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 11, 2012 18:37

Yeah I only recalled the powder incident several days after the concert, I think I first noticed it when Pierre de Beauport put some on Keith's guitar just before they started. I completely missed the fact that Mick's tech put too much and Mick clapped his hands to get rid of it, I must have blinked ;-)

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: November 11, 2012 19:16

Mick can't even powder his own hands.
Rock and Roll.
Or something...

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 12, 2012 00:59

is powder the new cowbell of rocknroll?

Date: November 12, 2012 12:28

More powder!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...23456789101112
Current Page: 12 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1816
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home