Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12
Re: MOGADOR informations
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:37

Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
So this band called The Rolling Stones is there in a city where sailors are very charming playing live at this very moment...

- Doxa

No word from the gorilla or Stones twitter, as there was during last week's show

Maybe this is a hush-hush show that officially or publicly never happen... The PR show was done last week...

- Doxa

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:38

Moneygrabbers

So nice to see the Stones performing for a group of moneygrabbing vampires.
What a shitty band they've become.

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:40

gimme_shelter
Moneygrabbers

So nice to see the Stones performing for a group of moneygrabbing vampires.
What a shitty band they've become.

"moneygrabbing vampires", lol - I'm with you there!

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:44

Doxa
Max'sKansasCity
Doxa
So this band called The Rolling Stones is there in a city where sailors are very charming playing live at this very moment...

- Doxa

No word from the gorilla or Stones twitter, as there was during last week's show

Maybe this is a hush-hush show that officially or publicly never happen... The PR show was done last week...

- Doxa

Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Just an FYI... I like my rich lightly salted and with a dash of pepper.

Posted by: JaIsNotDead ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:48

So what's the deal...is there a show tonight?

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:48

They do this one time per tour. It is standard procedure. Some company with lots of cash pay them a lot to perform at a secret show. The income goes into the tour budget, so that the ticet prices are a little bit cheaper for the rest of the tour. They did these paid for private shows: Hawaii Pepsi, Deutche Bank Barcelona, The Joint Bonderman show and now Paris. Going price for such a show is probably around 10 million US dollars so we might just save up for the next tour...

Bjornulf

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:49

edited:

gimme_shelter
So nice to see the Stones performing for as a group of moneygrabbing vampires.

Date: October 29, 2012 23:53

Max'sKansasCity
Kind of like if a Stones shows happen in the woods Paris and no real fans are there to see/hear it... did it really happen?

Exactly... would be ironical that the band might play their best gig ever (in theory), and no one in the audience can even understand that or has ears to wittness that (in theory). Philosophy aside, this sounds terrible waste of opportunity since this band does not perform too often... does the money matter so damn much? Do they not have afford to do it differently? Any integrity?

- Doxa

Date: October 29, 2012 23:58

Doxa
Max'sKansasCity

Exactly... would be ironical that the band might play their best gig ever (in theory), and no one in the audience can even understand that or has ears to wittness that (in theory). Philosophy aside, this sounds terrible waste of opportunity since this band does not perform too often... does the money matter so damn much? Do they not have afford to do it differently? Any integrity?

- Doxa
sad smiley

I wrote some more... but erased it... sad smiley sums it up.

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:03

the important question here now is.... no news about the Mogador concert.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:03

They played for a finance company and the crowd is not made of fans, only employees or guests. This is like if during a football game (soccer), audience people was only blind people or tennis supporters. That's all.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:05

Well Gazza said there was one regular from here who got invited so hopefully he can share his thoughts and in case he was at the Trabendo compare both shows.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 00:07 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 30, 2012 00:08

bv
They do this one time per tour. It is standard procedure. Some company with lots of cash pay them a lot to perform at a secret show. The income goes into the tour budget, so that the ticet prices are a little bit cheaper for the rest of the tour. They did these paid for private shows: Hawaii Pepsi, Deutche Bank Barcelona, The Joint Bonderman show and now Paris. Going price for such a show is probably around 10 million US dollars so we might just save up for the next tour...

So the proper thing to do now is to send flowers with a thank you card to "group of moneygrabbing vampires" for make it possible for us lesser mortals to see this band in future?

Seriously, I wouln't call four shows yet a "tour". Even I know the procedure you desrcibe here (from the past), I think they are just using the opportunity to make some nice extra míllion bucks. And that's it.

- Doxa

Posted by: fylou4 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:08

Guests waiting in front of Mogador theatre

Impossible de go inside, even with a half empty theatre...

Date: October 30, 2012 00:11

Thanks for the pic, how do you know it was half empty ?

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:12

Setlist just revealed (seems to be their "private gig" list,
same a deutsche Bank):

1. Money (That´s What I Want)
2. Jumping Jack Cash
3. Brand New Creditcard
4. Slave
5. All Sold Out
6. Dancing With Mr. B.
7. Dear Banker
8. Going To A No - Go
9. Have You seen The Banker, Baby, Standing At The Blue Buffet Table?
10. Keys To Your Safe
11. Luxury
12. $$$$ Fall Down
13. Dollared
14. Thief In The Night - Arrest Him! (Keith)
15. What A Shame
16. The Under Assistant Bank Business Management Man

17. Gimme Tax Shelter (encore)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:12

bv

So they're actually effectively doing these shows for our benefit?

Who'd have known?

Btw, the Deutsche Bank gig came about with about 6 weeks left of the ABB tour. Long after all the tickets had gone on sale for the other shows.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:13

The fact that their Facebook or Twitter wasn't making a big fuss about this show like the other one...that's shady. This is their second performance since 2007 and not one word? Stupid. Just say it's a private event...don't pretend like it never happened.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:16

Doxa
bv

So the proper thing to do now is to send flowers with a thank you card to "group of moneygrabbing vampires" for make it possible for us lesser mortals to see this band in future?

Seriously, I wouln't call four shows yet a "tour". Even I know the procedure you desrcibe here (from the past), I think they are just using the opportunity to make some nice extra míllion bucks. And that's it.

- Doxa

To what address do we address the flowers to?

Posted by: Rsylvain ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:19

as for trabendo phones are banned!

Justin
The fact that their Facebook or Twitter wasn't making a big fuss about this show like the other one...that's shady. This is their second performance since 2007 and not one word? Stupid. Just say it's a private event...don't pretend like it never happened.
Agreed 110% 144%

et voila ca commence a tomber sur twitter
[twitter.com]

Date: October 30, 2012 00:24

Arthur en personne, la classe...il est client de Magouillac Gestion ou c'est un invité du garagiste du beau-frère de Chuck ?

Sa photo :

Dommage que la sécurité l'ait pas repéré ils aurient pu l'expulser comme un malpropre !

Date: October 30, 2012 00:25

En attendant devant, j'ai vu Denisot, Arthur, Lemercier aussi... il devait y en avoir d'autres

Posted by: albop ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:28

Setlist :

It's only Rock N Roll
All Down The Line
You Got Me Rocking
Tumbling Dice
Miss You
You Cant Always Get What You Want
Doom And Gloom
Midnight Rambler
Start Me Up
Honky Tonk Woman
Jumping Jack Flash
Brown Sugar

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:30

bv
The income goes into the tour budget, so that the ticet prices are a little bit cheaper for the rest of the tour.
>grinning smiley< Seriously Bjornulf, this is the big joke of the year. How much are the tickets cheaper, 10 cents, la belle affaire. Standard procedure!!! there is another name for that: Prostitution. You pay the price and they do what you want for. Perhaps one day they'll play in front of only 1 guy if he pays 10 millions for. Please, stop to be their lawyer...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:31

You Got Me Rocking ....................WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Should have been taken out and shot before the millennium IMHO

sc uk

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:31

Oh God..it wasn't this private bankers gig that was the real reason they came out of retirement, was it? Wouldn't that be sad?

Posted by: fylou4 ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:32

bouncers told us lots of seats were available !

Posted by: micwer ()
Date: October 30, 2012 00:34

Ca devient de plus en plus difficile de rester fan...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 4 of 12

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1410
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home