Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
OT: Gary Glitter Arrested In Connection WIth Jimmy Savile Case
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 29, 2012 03:43

Re: OT: Gary Glitter Arrested In Connection WIth Jimmy Savile Case
Date: October 29, 2012 03:49

Here's a little Who trivia for ya, courtesy of Pete Townshend's new book. The reason Roger wore an eye patch at the Who's 1996 Hyde Park concert was because an "overly hyped up" Gary, swinging his mike stand around during the soundcheck, accidentally bashed him in the face and fractured his eye socket.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 04:00 by tatters.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 29, 2012 03:59

It didn't explain how Glitter is connected with Saville.

This all gives "Jim'll fix it" a whole other meaning, doesn't it?

Date: October 29, 2012 04:39

Here in the States, Rock And Roll (Part 2) was a massive hit, but we never heard much about Rock And Roll (Part 1). In fact, I didn't even think there was a Part 1.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 14:48 by tatters.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 29, 2012 04:40

tatters
Here's a little Who trivia for ya, courtesy of Pete Townshend's new book. The reason Roger wore an eye patch at the Who's 1996 Hyde Park concert was because an "overly hyped up" Gary, swinging his mike stand around during the soundcheck, accidentally bashed him in the face and fractured his eye socket.

Yet another reason to despise the man. Hey, that's him in the still for the video clip over on stage right, isn't it, puffing his chest out.... Looks like he has breasts there....

Date: October 29, 2012 05:10

Date: October 29, 2012 05:15

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:16

stonesnow
tatters

Yet another reason to despise the man. Hey, that's him in the still for the video clip over on stage right, isn't it, puffing his chest out.... Looks like he has breasts there....

BTW in the Quadrophenia and Tommy DVD box set from a few years ago, the Quad show was taken from Dayton, OH in 1996. Gary Glitter would have been performing in this show, however do to his noteriety at the time of release, his parts were edited out and replaced by Billy Idol's performance of the character from 1997.

Date: October 29, 2012 05:18

Happy Jack
stonesnow
tatters

BTW in the Quadrophenia and Tommy DVD box set from a few years ago, the Quad show was taken from Dayton, OH in 1996. Gary Glitter would have been performing in this show, however do to his noteriety at the time of release, his parts were edited out and replaced by Billy Idol's performance of the character from 1997.

Ah, I see. Then that's not GG over at stage right in the leather and sideburns?

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:20

Gary Glittler. May that pedophile rot in hell.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 29, 2012 05:27

Happy Jack
stonesnow
tatters

"The Godfather" was played by Gary Glitter at all of the '96 performances, and by P.J. Proby at all of the '97 performances. Billy Idol played the Bell Boy in '96. Not sure if he also played it in '97 or if it was someone else.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 05:53 by tatters.

Date: October 29, 2012 05:41

stonesnow
Happy Jack
stonesnow
tatters

Ah, I see. Then that's not GG over at stage right in the leather and sideburns?

Yes, of course that's Gary Glitter.

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 29, 2012 19:12

tatters
Here in the States, Rock And Roll (Part 2) was a massive hit, but we never heard much about Rock And Roll (Part 1). In fact, I didn't even think there was a Part 1.

GREAT TRACK, yeah, but it's easy to see why the instrumental fared better, when this disappeared.
Known about it for years though I was 8 when it came out. Some guy reviewed it as, "The Yardbirds
on steroids" or something to that effect. I suppose. Just a great track that is must have seemed a
nice break from the metal that was pervasive at the time. Kinda reminds me of Elton's stuff in a way.

Saw Glitter on that tour. He's a sick !!!###?!?***!!! who oughta be castrated.

Remember when Townshend tried to slog off his charges? HE USED A CREDIT CARD, PEOPLE!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-29 23:21 by TheDailyBuzzherd.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 29, 2012 19:38

They should have shot Glitter (Gadd) in Vietnam.

Apparently the British Consulate intervened, and saved him from the firing squad: more's the pity.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 29, 2012 19:55

tatters

I was there at FOS on right of centre.Me and brother in law on a great summers day of music.Got a couple of glimpses of us there and never seen film of the gig before.Ronnie and Bob Dylan were there and Eric Clapton and quite few others.The story of rogers' eye was in the papers that saturday morning.Great days.Must have been one of paedophile GGs' last gigs thank goodness.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:49

Glitter's luck is a mixed bag. Saved from death in Vietnam only to hang on the cross for his and Saville's crimes. Jimmy got to live a fabulous 84 years, suckin' on cigars and (insert joke here).

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 29, 2012 20:59

jamesfdouglas

or hopefully worse than that.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:47

treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

Hell does not exist.

Date: October 29, 2012 21:55

His Majesty
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

Hell does not exist.

That ain't gonna sit well with Meatloaf.

Date: October 29, 2012 21:59

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 29, 2012 22:46

Didn't know who Sir James Savile was (like, I guess, most people outside the British isles) so I looked him up on Wikipedia where it says "A lifelong bachelor, Savile lived with his mother (whom he referred to as "The Duchess) and kept her bedroom and wardrobe exactly as it was when she died. Every year he had her clothes dry cleaned". Doesn't it ring some bells there already? And they made this "excentric" an Officer of the Order of the British Empire and a Knight Commander of the Order of Saint Gregory the Great. The latter appointed by the Holy See!

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 29, 2012 22:56

His Majesty
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

Hell does not exist.

Ask Keith....

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:08

NICOS
His Majesty
treaclefingers
jamesfdouglas

Hell does not exist.

Ask Keith....

No need.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 29, 2012 23:13

For now they are keeping the necrophilia stories well and truly capped. I'm sure they will appear eventually. I live very near to Leeds where Savile lived and people around here have known he was suspect for many years but it was always just rumours.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:13

crumbling_mice
For now they are keeping the necrophilia stories well and truly capped. I'm sure they will appear eventually. I live very near to Leeds where Savile lived and people around here have known he was suspect for many years but it was always just rumours.

Good lord it just gets grosser.

Date: October 30, 2012 01:23

treaclefingers
crumbling_mice

Good lord it just gets grosser.

It's more than a story--it's a claim! One of his former BBC DJ colleagues tells all....

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2221922/Jimmy-Savile-necrophiliac-says-colleague-Paul-Gambaccini.html

Jimmy Savile = Jimmy So vile!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:24

PM Ed Heath was involved in the pedo ring...? eye rolling smiley

Date: October 30, 2012 01:30

At one point, Jimmy Savile seemed to bear a striking resemblance to Graham Chapman, except for the fact that the guy on the right has a spark of evil in his eyes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 01:38 by stonesnow.

Posted by: beepee ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:33

Weird, that Gary Glitter video is just next street from my place. yawning smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2012 01:39

Paedo... necro... what's next? Oh yes snuff movies!

I wouldn't be the least surprised if we learnt, in the coming weeks, that Saville knew very well John Stamford who on top of being a child "lover" ran a biz of selling snuff vids all over Europe.
(where's my bucket, I'm going to be sick)

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1776
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home