Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Hotels in London
Posted by: riverrat ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:23

You could always knock on Mick and L'Wren's castle and tell them you're from out of town and ask if they could put you up for the night. After all, aren't we all family??

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 24, 2012 07:21

GeorgeV, that is a great rate for the Cavendish in Jermyn Street. Wonderful area...take a walk in the park day after the Stones gig. It'll put you back on your feet.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 24, 2012 08:27

That post was 5 years ago! Someone restared the thread. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 08:28 by georgeV.

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 24, 2012 08:41

georgeV
That post was 5 years ago! Someone restared the thread. cool smiley
It was "shame" on mesmoking smiley

But hotels may change and good ones turn into lousy ones. So it is good to have that threat coming up again.

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: October 24, 2012 09:47

For me the best Hotel will be .... the lobby of the airport.
Somewhere I have to save my money eye rolling smiley

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:24

I stayed at the Intercontinental Hotel in the West End a year or so ago. I think it is fairly expensive, but my wife and I loved it. We had a great suite- large, well appointed.Would definitely stay there again.We were ther Fri-Mon morning; there was some construction on Friday but quiet over weekend.
Was there to see "The Wall" at O2. It was easy to get to venue by the tube- I think it was fairly direct, maybe 20 minutes or so. Intercontinental is in the theatre district ( around the corner from Her Majesty's Theatre ( Phantom of the Opera is still playing there).
Not far from the National Gallery, Big Ben, etc. I wish I could have stayed more than 3 nights, but we were off to Amsterdam after the show.
as someon previously suggested, check tripadvisor.com for guest reviews. You oftne find out things about the hotel not posted on the website-- such as if the hotel is undergoing construction.

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 28, 2012 18:48

bv
The Cavendish is fine. And anything by Sheraton is for sure more than ok. Basically anything that cost more than 150 pounds is ok, anything less should be checked out carefully. I never stay at the same hotel in London. Because I can only afford them below 100 pounds and they are all bad in that cathegory. Except IBIS which is cheap but so boring.

Ibis is certainly boring but affordable. They are currently making special offer with great rebate. We will be staying with 2 others at the Earls Court Ibis, which has good tube link both with O2 and Saint-Pancras.

Re: London travel and pre/post show info
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:16

Anyplace to safely and legally dock a boat nearby? Thanks. peace

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:09

MononoM
im staying at The Clarendon Hotel, not that cheap, but at the last gig i dont want to sleep in a car, tent or hostel smiling smiley

Happy memories...I got married at the Clarendon!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:13

Someone suggested the Travelodge in Greenwich in a London thread the other day, it's about 3 miles from the 02, so walkable, and rather cheap at $29.99 with full continental breakfast an extra £7 if booked in advance. I'm staying there one night and others are too so we can arrange to walk back together I'm sure.

I'll be arriving at St Pancras a bit before 10 on Sunday morning and plan to visit the Greenwich Observatory before going to the 02 and I guess the Inn nearby to meet up with people ;-)

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:17

after the first show we have to be at liverpool station to get to stanstead airport at 5.30 AM. Does anybody know a pub or something like that near liverpool station where we can do something after the concert?

Posted by: Lorenz ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:40

Funny to suddenly read a post of yourself from 2007. Man, Queens Hotel was really a shithole. I'm still talking about it with my gf sometimes. Staying at an apartment in Canary Wharf this time. Should be nice and only one tube stop from O2 (hope we catch the last tube at night).

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:42

I have stayed near Tower Bridge when I want to see a show at the O2. Very close by the tube.

The Sheraton Belgravia is quite nice - smaller and more personal than the usual Sheraton. I liked it.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: October 28, 2012 21:15

The IORRians will meet at the Pilot Inn after the concerts?

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 28, 2012 21:22

austrianstones
can somebody recommend this hotel, it`s close to the venue ?

Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel (Bexleyheath)

[www.superbreak.com]|countryCode=ENG|locationCode=SO3|regionCode=AL1|searchString=|airportHotelType=&board=Full%20Breakfast&unit1=1|unit_1_BB|Room%20for%201%2D4%20%28Max%202%20Adults%29|95.00|4&unitList=1_BB

thanks
robert from austria

Bexleyheath is about 15 miles out of London. The train services after the gig may not be very frequent.

If you want to stay outside Londpn, you're better off staying in Croydon, which is 15 minutes from Victoria Station.

I think I'll be staying at the Croydon Park Hotel.

Posted by: leteyer ()
Date: October 28, 2012 21:27

I'm staying at the Oxford Hotel near Earls Court, not that bad.

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 29, 2012 10:14

St. Giles is the place to be for stonesfans!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 29, 2012 11:44

Cristiano Radtke

Make sure you wash your hands at the Pilot! >grinning smiley<

Date: October 29, 2012 12:30

Nice bathrooms over there, eh ?

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: October 29, 2012 12:36

Silver Dagger
Cristiano Radtke

Make sure you wash your hands at the Pilot! >grinning smiley<

Hi Mike,

That's a shocker and has got to be worth a yellow at least- possibly a sending-off offence, hah-hah-hah!
I appreciate your work: a guest spot on 'Countdown' awaits. If you can get Barry Cryer out of the seat!

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: john nicholls ()
Date: October 29, 2012 13:07

Most Stones fans will be staying at the St Giles Hotel. This has happened on the last 3 tours always fun and a very late barsmiling smiley

John Nicholls

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: October 29, 2012 16:23

If i'm popping down to London for a gig i ALWAYS stay at either a Travelodge or Premier Inn. Both can be got dirt cheap, £29 for a double for the 29th for example (Covent Garden) and in all my years of doing so i've never had a problem

Clean, basic, modern (ish) and a zillion times preferable to every bed & breakfast hellhole i've stayed at in London

Plus, all it's there for is too sleep and shower so jobs a good un

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 29, 2012 19:09

austrianstones
can somebody recommend this hotel, it`s close to the venue ?

Bexleyheath Marriott Hotel

Bexldyheath is within the London Zones, but too far out for you. There is no underground station. London-bound trains from Bexleyheath go to London Victoria (about 40 minutes) and London Cannon Street (30 minutes or so). My timings may be off, but you must stay somewhere more central.

Posted by: Han ()
Date: October 29, 2012 21:01

If I'm going to the O2 I always stay at Devonport House in Greenwich.

[www.deverevenues.co.uk]

Frequent buses just across the road go right to the venue; it backs onto the park and is next door to the National Maritime Museum, if naval history's your thing! Also very handy for the Cutty Sark, and one can always go by the river instead of by road.

You might have to scrape me off the floor at the end of the tour, but it'll be really good scrapings. - Mick Jagger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-30 18:11 by Han.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 30, 2012 11:18

I was at the last show at the O2 and left right before the final bows so I could get back to the hotel quickly. I have always regretted doing that, so thin time, I plan to stay until the very end, just in case it really is the last time.

Date: November 1, 2012 21:30

Yeah this one will have to be savored !

So...I have a night on the 25th booked at the Travelodge in Greenwich for a dirt cheap £30, and a couple of others here too so we can walk back together after a few drinks at that Pilot Inn (hopefully still open after the show), but I was looking into adding a night on the 24th possibly and of course it's fully booked, any tips ?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1544
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home