Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Sister Morphine- Morph 33,34,35??????????????
Posted by: morestones ()
Date: December 17, 2004 13:49

I am somewhat confused by all of the recent Sister Morphine Stones CD's NEW release's?

I am hoping that someone can tell me the difference from the
Good Sister's current Stones Cd's= Morph 33, 34, 35??? Are these all re-release's of cd's that we already own??? AND the Good Sister's very most recent release is from the Evening Show from Perth,Australia ,2/24/73,labeled Morh 38! Is this a new found improved release or a computer upgrade of the Oh Boy Happy Birthday Nicky CD???

I am hoping to hear back fro you'll

Cheers

Re: Sister Morphine- Morph 33,34,35??????????????
Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: December 17, 2004 14:41

All SM's releases are old tapes ruined by amateuristic do-it-yourself EQ-ing.

Mathijs

Posted by: cuznlou ()
Date: December 17, 2004 16:49

Yes, these SM releases are re-releases of existing recordings that you probably already have. Are they worth getting? That depends entirely on your own personal taste. For Mathijs to state that "All SM's releases are old tapes ruined by amateuristic do-it-yourself EQ-ing" is a mis-statement. The SM sound is obviously not to Mathijs' liking, but for Mathijs to assume that everyone shares the same audio tastes is a bit conceited. I personally enjoy SM's releases and find (to my ears) that they all (except "Live'R") sound better than what is already available.

Posted by: Roger457 ()
Date: December 17, 2004 17:33

I'm with cuznlou. I'm expecting the Perth show in my mailbox today and can't wait!! All a matter of personal taste.

Roger

Posted by: midnrambler ()
Date: December 17, 2004 17:40

I totally agree with Mathijs! There is absolutely no need and reason to rework any of these already great recordings. There is absolutely no need for the SM label at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2004-12-17 17:43 by midnrambler.

Posted by: morestones ()
Date: December 17, 2004 18:15

I really appreciate your posts. Thank you.While I'm sure that the SM upgrades may sound better, I prefer the first orginal sound, unless someone actually has a lower generation sound to release. I will keep listening to and enjoying my Oh Boy-Happy Birthday Nicky cd! Why should I pay 25/50US for a slight upgrade for the same cd? I really don't mind spending this amount for something new, but why for a computer generated upgrade of the same cd??? This isn't aimed at any particular cd label, but how many upgrades of existing shows continue to be made available? I actually enjoy the original show? You can spend alot of $$$$ for all of these constant upgrades of existing cd, which we already own!

Posted by: Smokey ()
Date: December 17, 2004 23:08

Weren't Deuces Still Wild and Lonestar Shooter recent SM releases and improvements on Phil Special and AhETVK?

Posted by: Tornandfrayed ()
Date: December 18, 2004 04:02

morestones Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> AND the Good Sister's very most
> recent release is from the Evening Show from
> Perth,Australia ,2/24/73

That´s a mislabel. There was no "evening show" on 02-24-73 in Perth.
It seems like SM can´t even get the dates of their irrelavant releases right. How embarrassing...

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: December 21, 2004 06:22

it was done that way on purpose to mislead you into thinking it was a new unreleased show.....crooks!!!

STONES JAM!! MICKEYS RULES!!! (burp) NADER IN 2016!!!!! GO GIANTS!!

Posted by: Esky ()
Date: December 21, 2004 06:24

Correct Torn - there was only ONE show in Perth in 1973 !

Posted by: davido ()
Date: December 23, 2004 07:39

It's usually pretty hard to really upgrade
a bootleg unless you find a better source.
Personally, i don't like it when filters
are used, and most eq tweeks are strictly
a matter of personal taste, you can do
yourself.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 2126
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home